Confirmed: Sabres sign Ehrhoff

Punch

Is it possible that we can say that the problems the Sabres have had can't totally be blamed on Darcy!!! It seems Pegula is allowing Darcy do what he wants to do...

Seems more likely Regier is doing what Pegula wants. It doesn't take a great GM to give other teams cap relief or a free agent $13 mil in bonus money. The hero of this week has been Pegula's wallet.

From EJ Hradek Sorry Sabres fans, spending 40 million on a second pair D doesn't have me thinking Stanley Cup. Then again ... #notmymoney!

Typical ESPN Buffalo hater!!!

FU EJ!!! It's our day and we're not even done yet!!!

Screw EJ we just signed 2 top 4 D men and now have 3. Meyers, Rehger, Ohrhoff, Leo, Mags and Weber

Is it possible that we can say that the problems the Sabres have had can't totally be blamed on Darcy!!! It seems Pegula is allowing Darcy do what he wants to do...

The handcuffs are off.

Has anyone started a Thank You Terry Pegula post?

Every fan in Buffalo should chip in and put a full page Thank You Terry Pegula ad in the Buffalo News...... sounds crazy but that's how I feel.

So this is what fans from other city's feel like when it comes to trades and free agency..... WOW.

Seems more likely Regier is doing what Pegula wants. It doesn't take a great GM to give other teams cap relief or a free agent $13 mil in bonus money. The hero of this week has been Pegula's wallet.

Keep spinning that record.......

The handcuffs are off.

Has anyone started a Thank You Terry Pegula post?

Every fan in Buffalo should chip in and put a full page Thank You Terry Pegula ad in the Buffalo News...... sounds crazy but that's how I feel.

So this is what fans from other city's feel like when it comes to trades and free agency..... WOW.

Where do i donate?

Anyone know when signing bonuses are paid? Is he getting an $8M check tomorrow or does he have to wait until October?

Per Gord Miller @TSN, he get's it tomorrow:

"Ehrhoff's deal: $8m in SB on July 1, 2011, $2m in salary and then another $5m in SB on July 1, 2012= $15m over the next 12 months"

Great Job by Darcy and his team.

Fantastic Job by Mr. Pegula and his team.

My hats off to both of these groups, they came together, one had the vision the other had the experience to implement that vision.

It's working out very well.

For those that felt Regier wasn't a decent GM (myself included), I believe it is time we all apologized for our childish behavior.

I for one, now fully realize that Darcy is a good soldier that marches to what ever orders are issued. He is truly an objective individual to stay in his job all of these years with an obvious anchor holding him down.

"Ehrhoff's deal: $8m in SB on July 1, 2011, $2m in salary and then another $5m in SB on July 1, 2012= $15m over the next 12 months"

Nothing like having to cut an $8 million check in a days notice...must be nice. Wish I had $8 right now let alone $8 million...lol.

It is so nice having an owner that has money to throw around. I love it.

So, what is the tactic here?

1. Christian, here is the offer - it expires noon on Friday. We think it is the best deal that you'll receive, all things considered.

2. Christian, here is our offer, if you get better ones on Friday, let us know and give us a chance to respond.

So in DR's interview today he said he did not draw a line in the sand. then again with $15m in the next 12 months, he really didn't need to.

So in DR's interview today he said he did not draw a line in the sand. then again with $15m in the next 12 months, he really didn't need to.

Now that's "Hockey Heaven" to a player. No other team in the league would be willing to pony up $18mil over the next two season for Errhoff.

Great Job by Darcy and his team.

Fantastic Job by Mr. Pegula and his team.

My hats off to both of these groups, they came together, one had the vision the other had the experience to implement that vision.

It's working out very well.

For those that felt Regier wasn't a decent GM (myself included), I believe it is time we all apologized for our childish behavior.

I for one, now fully realize that Darcy is a good soldier that marches to what ever orders are issued. He is truly an objective individual to stay in his job all of these years with an obvious anchor holding him down.

Whoa, let's not get crazy. I understand giving DR a little slack, however he hasn't been the model GM the entire time he's been here and you can only stretch the ownership dilemma so far. I agree, he's been afforded some breathing room and some serious bank. However, it could be argued that this is the easy part. The hard part comes when trying to maintain and balance that level of payroll with on ice product. What happens if big stars start crapping the bed and we're locked up? Then we'll see what he's made of.

He may not have deserved the lashing he got the past 8 years, but he also doesn't deserve knighthood, sainthood, or the key to the city. At least yet.

I had a feeling. I was sitting there looking at the numbers, when suddenly it hit me: "holt s**t, he gets $8M tomorrow!"

Whoa, let's not get crazy. I understand giving DR a little slack, however he hasn't been the model GM the entire time he's been here and you can only stretch the ownership dilemma so far. I agree, he's been afforded some breathing room and some serious bank. However, it could be argued that this is the easy part. The hard part comes when trying to maintain and balance that level of payroll with on ice product. What happens if big stars start crapping the bed and we're locked up? Then we'll see what he's made of.

He may not have deserved the lashing he got the past 8 years, but he also doesn't deserve knighthood, sainthood, or the key to the city. At least yet.

Good post. That being said though on a purely selfish level I haven't been this excited in an off season in my life and I'm chomping at the bit for the season to start. Our defence will be the most mobile in the league and the forwards to a man will benefit.

Then everytime the sabres score they can play "margaritaville" and we can replace margarita with pegula.

Sabres new goal song. Done.

w/ apologies to Jimmy Buffett:

Scorin' a goal again here in Pegulaville,

searchin' for my lost puck in the back of your net!

Some people say there's a Sabres' sniper to blame,

but we know, heck it could be your fault.

(Thought about going w/ 'but we know, it's your own damn fault.' but figured they wouldn't want to use that in the family friendly confines of the Mmarena.)

(Thought about going w/ 'but we know, it's your own damn fault.' but figured they wouldn't want to use that in the family friendly confines of the Mmarena.)

Ouch. :ph34r:

"Weird" Taro T everyone. :clapping:

:worthy: :clapping:

Very nice

Archived