Good whisky/whiskey

biodork

Anyone tried the Knob Creek Single Barrel?  Maybe it's been out for a while but I just noticed it at the store.

Good stuff.  And over 100 proof if I remember correctly.  Definite improvement over the standard KC.

Edit:  I thought I'd discussed KCSB in here before.  Just found the post.  Read and enjoy.  Or not.  http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/19345-good-whiskywhiskey/?p=427048

Edited by weave

Good stuff.  And over 100 proof if I remember correctly.  Definite improvement over the standard KC.

Edit:  I thought I'd discussed KCSB in here before.  Just found the post.  Read and enjoy.  Or not.  http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/19345-good-whiskywhiskey/?p=427048

Thanks Weave.  Didn't know KCSB was out since 2012.  I had never seen it before but I will definitely try it.  Maybe it just got to stores in Nebraska ;) .

120 proof.  That's a sippin' whiskey.

An excellent choice.  Speyside offers lots of interesting choices.

"The Balvenie" from Speyside is one of my favorites.

Benromach 10 year is a pretty good Speyside variety.

An interesting Islay variety I had once was Bunnahabhain 12 year - way less peat.  But it is sherried.

Had to look that up.

Interesting.......

I'd heard of it a while back, but didn't feel compelled to seek it out until Eleven's bartender friend had concocted some manner of (reportedly) tasty whiskey beverage with it. Having said that, I now realize I've forgotten to look back at the recipe to try it for myself! D'oh.

Found it in the eating/drinking thread:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20900-what-are-you-eating-or-drinking/?p=662431

Edited by biodork

This was wildly entertaining. Having a glass of Black Velvet Reserve. Yeah I know, cheap whisky but as a college student what do you expect really?

Cheap college student myself, I don't mind Black Velvet but I'd rather Evan Williams or some Red Stag

This was wildly entertaining. Having a glass of Black Velvet Reserve. Yeah I know, cheap whisky but as a college student what do you expect really?

Cheap college student myself, I don't mind Black Velvet but I'd rather Evan Williams or some Red Stag

I'm echoing earlier posts, but it bears repeating: even on a college budget, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and Elijah Craig 12 are all worthy of consideration.

Edit: almost forgot WL Weller!

Edited by biodork

I'm echoing earlier posts, but it bears repeating: even on a college budget, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and Elijah Craig 12 are all worthy of consideration.

I've never heard of any of those, but I will definitely look for them next trip to the liquor store. Thanks bio!

I've never heard of any of those, but I will definitely look for them next trip to the liquor store. Thanks bio!

Sure thing! Weller and B Trace are the cheapest of those 4, but EC and ER are both excellent for the price.

Are these all local distilleries? I have never heard of them personally but I will take your word for it. I'll be sure to write these names down next time I go to the local liquor store

Are these all local distilleries? I have never heard of them personally but I will take your word for it. I'll be sure to write these names down next time I go to the local liquor store

Should be able to find most of those; 3 are from the same distillery as Evan Williams! ;)

Get you to readin'. 20 pages of knowledge in here.

Absolutely. I feel pretty proud of this one and how it took on a life of its own (largely due to the participation by afficionados such as yourself). Hard to believe it's been going 4+ years!

[\quote]

Edit: don't listen to me... only EC is from Heaven Hill. :oops: All Kentucky, though.

Sorry for edits, too much whiskey for bio this evening.

Edited by biodork

Should be able to find most of those; 3 are from the same distillery as Evan Williams! ;)

Absolutely. I feel pretty proud of this one and how it took on a life of its own (largely due to the participation by afficionados such as yourself). Hard to believe it's been going 4+ years!

Whoa.  whoa.  whoa.  What did you just call me?  Am I going to be mad when I look that up?

[\quote]

Edit: don't listen to me... only EC is from Heaven Hill. :oops: All Kentucky, though.

Sorry for edits, too much whiskey for bio this evening.

Great, I'll keep an eye open for them. Maybe this weekend I will have time to scan through the thread and see what I can pick up from others

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.