Miller vs. Boucher

LabattBlue

I think it was Zherdevs goal, that Miller didn't make, and I guess my gripes with the Miller situation is this: People have said that in the last part of the season, Enroth was "making saves he had no business making" and I know most of these playoff goals have not been Miller's fault, but when is our $6.2 MILLION DOLLAR goalie going to start making saves he has no business making? Like I said in another thread, for what we pay for Miller, he needs to start stealing games, rather than keeping us JUST within striking distance.

Blame Regier for Miller's contract, not Miller.

As much as Darcy overpays his own talent, I wonder why Pegula keeps him around.

Blame Regier for Miller's contract, not Miller.

As much as Darcy overpays his own talent, I wonder why Pegula keeps him around.

His salary isn't even that much when you look at what others are being paid. He isn't making Luongo money, and his salary is right around the area where other goalies with his stats are making ($5-6.5mil range)

If you want to complain about players salaries who are not playing up to what they are being paid, look at Pomminstein (+/-$6mil) Connolly ($4.5mil) and Boyes ($4mil)

His salary isn't even that much when you look at what others are being paid. He isn't making Luongo money, and his salary is right around the area where other goalies with his stats are making ($5-6.5mil range)

Miller's current contract cap hit is the 3rd highest among goalies. His performance isn't 3rd highest among goalies.

Miller's current contract cap hit is the 3rd highest among goalies. His performance isn't 3rd highest among goalies.

If you look at what others are actually being paid and not the cap hit, which is distorted with backloaded deals, he is around 6th I believe (Behind Luongo, Lundqvist, Gigeure, Kipprusoff, & Vokoun). He's making 1/4 mil more then Nicklas backstrum and Tim Thomas, $625k more then Huet, and 3/4 mil more then Fleury.

Luongo is making $10 mil, but thats not his cap hit, and is he playing like the #1 goalie in the league?

Is vanek playing better then Daniel Sedin? is Pomminstein better then Martin St. Louis or Corey Perry?

If you look at what others are actually being paid and not the cap hit, which is distorted with backloaded deals, he is around 6th I believe (Behind Luongo, Lundqvist, Gigeure, Kipprusoff, & Vokoun). He's making 1/4 mil more then Nicklas backstrum and Tim Thomas, $625k more then Huet, and 3/4 mil more then Fleury.

Luongo is making $10 mil, but thats not his cap hit, and is he playing like the #1 goalie in the league?

Is vanek playing better then Daniel Sedin? is Pomminstein better then Martin St. Louis or Corey Perry?

But when debating who is playing up to their contract, isn't the cap hit the most important number since that dictates how much money you have to spend on other players in a given year?

How much money do you think Miller is worth annually?

No real way for me to know, but I'd say he's worth around 3-5 mill. depending on his form.

What really drags him down IMHO, is his tendency to give up soft goals, not as much "not making the big stop".

So I'm clear here, we're debating whether a journeyman goalie who was the backup of his own team as of a few days ago, and whose defensemen are doing a good job at limiting the quality chances of the other teams' (mostly overpaid) forwards, is better than a Vezina trophy winner whose defense has hung him out to dry numerous times lately against an elite group of forwards? And this is based on the sample size of three games in a series?

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

If these rosters stayed the same except that Miller was a Flyer and Boucher was a Sabre, this series would be 3-0 Flyers hands down. Instead of expecting Miller to bail his defensemen out for their bonehead play time and time again, we should be pointing the finger at the poor play of the defensemen. If the defense had played this badly down the stretch, neither Miller nor Enroth (or even the great Boucher) could have dragged this team into the playoffs.

Isn't Hasek about 6'.....I would say Enroth might be 5'8"

Miller in pads fills the net....just an observation.

I looked around the internet and Hasek is listed as 6'1" or 6'2" or 5'11". From watching him and looking at the 100+ hockey cards I have of him he's not over 6 feet. All the cards I have, have him listed as 5'11" and 165lbs. I don't know where they are getting 6'1" or 6'2" from and it only seems recent that he is being shown as that tall.

So i'm gonna say Hasek is listed as 5'11" 165lb

...and what I could find on Enroth, there are a bunch of listings of him as 5'10" and 174lbs. He does appear shorter than that but I could not find it.

So, my thought after game 4 is...

How many games is your star supposed to steal before he's done enough? Has Crosby or Stamkos or Ovechikin done enough to justify their status if they comes through in the clutch in two games during a 7 game series? Or do they need to do it more often? Not trolling here. Honest questions. I'm sure opinions vary.

Miller was very good, but not great, and was the difference in game 1. And he outright stole game 4. I don't think he's good enough to steal a series but he's played well enough to be the reason we won games 1 and 4. Does he have to steal a series?

So, my thought after game 4 is...

How many games is your star supposed to steal before he's done enough? Has Crosby or Stamkos or Ovechikin done enough to justify their status if they comes through in the clutch in two games during a 7 game series? Or do they need to do it more often? Not trolling here. Honest questions. I'm sure opinions vary.

Miller was very good, but not great, and was the difference in game 1. And he outright stole game 4. I don't think he's good enough to steal a series but he's played well enough to be the reason we won games 1 and 4. Does he have to steal a series?

To appease some, the answer is yes.

I looked around the internet and Hasek is listed as 6'1" or 6'2" or 5'11". From watching him and looking at the 100+ hockey cards I have of him he's not over 6 feet. All the cards I have, have him listed as 5'11" and 165lbs. I don't know where they are getting 6'1" or 6'2" from and it only seiems recent that he is being shown as that tall.

So i'm gonna say Hasek is listed as 5'11" 165lb

...and what I could find on Enroth, there are a bunch of listings of him as 5'10" and 174lbs. He does appear shorter than that but I could not find it.

Hasek is 6' (based on seeing him in person). Enroth is probably 5'10" (though I would believe 5'8").

Hasek is 6' (based on seeing him in person). Enroth is probably 5'10" (though I would believe 5'8").

I'm 5'11" and Hasek is taller than me. Not by much, but I've met him a few times and he's definitely taller than me. Also thin as a sheet of paper.

Archived