Ted Black Chat News

PASabreFan

When asked if there will be any more numbers retired soon, "There is a certain goalie..."

I've peppered them with some mildly tough questions that I don't expect him to answer.

The best chat I took part in was with Sully on SuperBowl Sunday. He must have been drunk because he posted just about every one liner I had.

Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming.

I'm glad they're going to finally look into the ice problem. This team plays better on the road for a reason. Our ice BLOWS.

There is a reason, and it's not the ice. It rhymes with "shmimmaturity."

These guys are bad ass.

It continues to boggle my mind that the heavens opened up and delivered to us what looks like the best owner a Sabres fan could possibly hope for.

I know it's old school, but I don't care for the current third jerseys.

I'm pretty lukewarm on them too. My favorite 3rd jerseys were the red ones.

It continues to boggle my mind that the heavens opened up and delivered to us what looks like the best owner a Sabres fan could possibly hope for.

I thought it was real cool that Ted Black not only chatted for over 3 hours, but said he was at the arena's office with Terry and Kim Pegula eating Chef's and watching Carolina and Detroit. Maybe other owners do that too, idk, but i just thought it was pretty cool that our owner and president stayed at HSBC Arena and watched some hockey on our night off.

I thought it was real cool that Ted Black not only chatted for over 3 hours, but said he was at the arena's office with Terry and Kim Pegula eating Chef's and watching Carolina and Detroit. Maybe other owners do that too, idk, but i just thought it was pretty cool that our owner and president stayed at HSBC Arena and watched some hockey on our night off.

I feel good about this, but it's a little like when a hot chick shows immediate interest in me and talks too much...feels good. I know she's gotta be poppin the Paxil.

This is sort of feeling like Orphan Annie meets David Koresh.

I hope there are long term results on the ice. I still don't see a hockey man that is not a yes-man.

Def. he said that the hotel doesn't have NHLN but the arena conference room did. lol

I'm pretty lukewarm on them too. My favorite 3rd jerseys were the red ones.

I HATED the red ones, they reminded me of Carolina's uniform and I hate them so I could never warm up to those red jerseys. In fact Hate may not even be a strong enough word to voice my dislike of those red jerseys.

Maybe a spruced up version of the goats head would be a good choice for a third jersey for the Sabres for sometime in the future.

I never cared for the "Goats Head" in any version. Was the absolute worse uniform I have seen a "Buffalo Sports Team" wear. Might as well just bring back the slug!!!! :o

I feel good about this, but it's a little like when a hot chick shows immediate interest in me and talks too much...feels good. I know she's gotta be poppin the Paxil.

This is sort of feeling like Orphan Annie meets David Koresh.

I hope there are long term results on the ice. I still don't see a hockey man that is not a yes-man.

You'd better stay away from Ed Kilgore's column. He's drinking TP's chardonnay already.

"Yes, having the late spark of new owner Terry Pegula turning Buffalo into a place players want to play didn't hurt..."

If you say so Ed.

Also: "Now here we are with the Sabres headed for the playoffs again, only they never contended for a division title and had to make a spirited run over the second half of the season to squeak into the post season."

Color me superstitious.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/117276/4/Sabres-Better-Now-Than-a-Year-Ago

You'd better stay away from Ed Kilgore's column. He's drinking TP's chardonnay already.

"Yes, having the late spark of new owner Terry Pegula turning Buffalo into a place players want to play didn't hurt..."

If you say so Ed.

Also: "Now here we are with the Sabres headed for the playoffs again, only they never contended for a division title and had to make a spirited run over the second half of the season to squeak into the post season."

Color me superstitious.

Source lol

Sabres will be investing in equipment to improve the ice, deal with high humidity

this is big, to me -- the home ice has been brutal over the last few weeks. just brutal.

They didn't get to my question about releasing a bison onto the ice when the Sabres score, to the tune of the Bonanza theme song. Ted Black sucks.

:lol:

When asked if there will be any more numbers retired soon, "There is a certain goalie..."
Gotta be Miller, right PA?

god bless you, k-9.

That's interesting. Ted seemed to hint the problem is high humidity. Has the humidity been high?

like every city on a big lake, we generally have high humidity. people talk about it mostly when it gets warm out ("it's not the heat, it's the humidity"), but the fact is that high water content in our air is something that we get throughout the year. i just checked the NWS page for buffalo -- we're at 93% humidity and 37 F.

my wife studied at UB in a graduate sciences program in the 90s. there was a large contingent of chinese nationals in her program, several of whom were from parts of china that had seriously cold winters. even so, i heard several complaints from some of them about how buffalo's cold was more bone-chilling than they were accustomed to because of the humidity that accompanied it.

Archived