Ted Black Chat News

PASabreFan

I'll keep updating this. Others join in please.

In a chat starting at 6 p.m. on sabres.com, Ted said:

Sabres will be investing in equipment to improve the ice, deal with high humidity

Sabres will be keeping their third jersey next season

Sabres will move some people off of the season ticket waiting list

Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming.

I'm glad they're going to finally look into the ice problem. This team plays better on the road for a reason. Our ice BLOWS.

A quality ice surface in Buffalo seems like such a no brainer for a nothern city.

Sabres have sent someone to Vancouver to check out the Canucks' lockerroom. Sabres' lockerroom will be renovated over the summer. "More space. Much better amenities. Newest equipment. We have several thousand square feet of space that we will be designing in the upcoming weeks for the off-season project."

Terry is "all over" the process of upgrading the scouting department. "It is in process."

Terry "does not compute." lol

Sabres have sent someone to Vancouver to check out the Canucks' renovated lockerroom. Sabres' lockerroom will be renovated over the summer.

Terry is "all over" the process of upgrading the scouting department. "It is in process."

Why can't Terry buy the Bills too?

Why can't Terry buy the Bills too?

While he (and his crew) have been saying and doing the right things to date, can we at least get through 1 off-season of actual hockey moves before we annoint him King of Erie County?

(But yeah, if he lives up to the promise he's started with, I'd be all for it.)

Is it sad that I literally hurt myself laughing at this?!?!

This guy has a wonderful sense of humor. Cracking off the one liners left and right. I encourage all to look up this chat.

Ma, the meatloaf!!!

I think you got your question in PA. :lol:

He didn't get to any of mine. :(

I'm sure they were better questions than mine.

They didn't get to my question about releasing a bison onto the ice when the Sabres score, to the tune of the Bonanza theme song. Ted Black sucks.

Sabres will be keeping their third jersey next season

"no changes for jerseys" next season.

Was there a question about the third jersey in particular or did he just say that there wouldn't be any changes for the jerseys next year? The latter could just be in reference to the primary jerseys. As I've mentioned before, the plan (earlier this season, but under the previous owner) was to keep that jersey for this season only. I don't know what paperwork/time-line the NHL has for changing such plans.

Was there a question about the third jersey in particular or did he just say that there wouldn't be any changes for the jerseys next year? The latter could just be in reference to the primary jerseys. As I've mentioned before, the plan (earlier this season, but under the previous owner) was to keep that jersey for this season only. I don't know what paperwork/time-line the NHL has for changing such plans.

There was a specific ? about the thirds and he said they were staying the same for next year.

Edit: here it is:

6:14[Comment From Jeff] Are the sabres going to keep the third jerseys they currently have?

6:14[Comment From Guest] Hi Ted I'm so happy how things have worked ouut so far...are things progressing faster than you've imagined?

6:15[Comment From Brandon C.] Have there been any talks about any special benefits for season ticket holders?

6:15BUFFALO SABRES: I am watching red wings with Terry and Kim in the office (hotel doesn't get center ice). We are keeping 3rd jersey for next year.

Archived