Steven Stamkos Tweet

PASabreFan

Just had one of the best steaks of my life with Steve Downie at the "Chop House" in buffalo.

Just swallowed a giant juicy kielbasa with Steve Downie at Polish Villa II.

Edit: OK....googled kielbasa to see if I had correct spelling, and found a great article. Imagine being so good, that you don't even need a nickname because your actual name is better than anything you could think of...

My link

I'm surprised that players eat at restaurants in the other teams' areas. Remember when the Sabres got food poisoning in Ottawa last year? I'd stay in the suite and cook up some good pasta and meat sauce (great carb-load meal.)

Young men cooking in a hotel would never result in food poisoning. :nana:

I remember during the playoffs (like 10 years ago) that Shredd & Reagan did a call-in interview with the female manager (Madam?) at Mademoiselle's (strip club) by the airport. She said that when away hockey teams would come in the night before a game, they would comp them drinks, dances, girls, and other things in order to get them as wasted and exhausted as possible the night before having to play the Sabres.

Reagan signed off the interview, "Thank you, Mademoiselle's, for all that you do for Western New York."

Tweet that.

I remember during the playoffs (like 10 years ago) that Shredd & Reagan did a call-in interview with the female manager (Madam?) at Mademoiselle's (strip club) by the airport. She said that when away hockey teams would come in the night before a game, they would comp them drinks, dances, girls, and other things in order to get them as wasted and exhausted as possible the night before having to play the Sabres.

Reagan signed off the interview, "Thank you, Mademoiselle's, for all that you do for Western New York."

Tweet that.

:worthy:

my sister's husband's brother works at the snooty fox and their steak is amazing.

someone was telling me Kennedy's Cove has great steak as well...we tried to go eat there this past Saturday Night and the place was so jammed you could barely walk in the door and there was an hour and 20 minute wait...guess I see why they don't do reservations...

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I'm thinking. We need a center, and the Lightning are definitely going to do whatever they can to re-sign Stamkos, who will demand top dollar. The Lightning will probably have to dump salary because of this. Here's my solution - Why don't we make a run for Lecavalier? It seems like he's old as dirt but he's actually only in his early 30's.

Looking for a center and looking for a captain? He's the guy.

Your thoughts?

I'm not entirely sold on lecavalier. His contract is toxic IMO.

Here's why:

Vinnys contract has him locked up until 2020 with a cap hit of 7,727,273 every year. Whoever has him at that point is going to be paying a forty year old more than we pay Vanek now. His numbers are good, but not that good. I feel like that contract was made with the idea that he would be much better than he was, and now he's being outshined by stamkos and St. Louis. He's still a great player, but he's on the decline, and not nearly worth the money.

Here's what I'm thinking. We need a center... - Why don't we make a run for Lecavalier? ...Your thoughts?

Here's how that conversation goes:

Regier: "Hey, looks like you need to free up cap room. Would you be willing to discuss moving Lacavalier?"

Yzerman: "No."

Since he was drafted first overall in '98 by Tampa Bay, he's treated by their owner like, and I use his words, "the Michael Jordan of hockey." He was the youngest captain ever at age 19 (he unseated Yzerman's record), and after feuding with long-gone Tortorella, he's been captain of the Lightning since 2008. He and St. Louis are that franchise, and he's got the contract to prove it.

His contract is toxic...locked up until 2020 with a cap hit of 7,727,273 every year.

Agreed.

But you're initial estimate is right: TBL will likely have to dump salary to keep Stamkos. If I'm Darcy Regier, I try to sign Stamkos to a pretty high level longer term offer sheet because Stamkos would be a dynamite addition and we have the cap space to play with: something like $7.6M x 6 years. That way, if Tampa wants to keep its golden boy, they eat that salary for a while and dump their depth. And even if they don't match, the compensation from us would only be 2 1st round picks, a 2nd, and a 3rd (not four 1st round picks) AND we get a franchise #1 center.

But you're initial estimate is right: TBL will likely have to dump salary to keep Stamkos. If I'm Darcy Regier, I try to sign Stamkos to a pretty high level longer term offer sheet because Stamkos would be a dynamite addition and we have the cap space to play with: something like $7.6M x 6 years. That way, if Tampa wants to keep its golden boy, they eat that salary for a while and dump their depth. And even if they don't match, the compensation from us would only be 2 1st round picks, a 2nd, and a 3rd (not four 1st round picks) AND we get a franchise #1 center.

^ This is what i've been talking about with my friends for a while, They all look at me crazy when i say we should try to acquire stamkos... crazy like a fox.

The attempt doesn't mean that we're a shoe in to sign him, far from it. But the attempt alone will do 1 of two things.

The first and most likely scenario is that they match any offer we make, and in turn, severely hamper their team for years to come by stretching their spending higher than they would like it.

The second and more unlikely event is that he in fact, signs with us, and we land our franchise center.

In my eyes, it's win win, and we'd be crazy not to at least make an offer for him.

^ This is what i've been talking about with my friends for a while, They all look at me crazy when i say we should try to acquire stamkos... crazy like a fox.

The attempt doesn't mean that we're a shoe in to sign him, far from it. But the attempt alone will do 1 of two things.

The first and most likely scenario is that they match any offer we make, and in turn, severely hamper their team for years to come by stretching their spending higher than they would like it.

The second and more unlikely event is that he in fact, signs with us, and we land our franchise center.

In my eyes, it's win win, and we'd be crazy not to at least make an offer for him.

I don't think many posters have been opposed to making an offer for him, but I think where most posters lie, is that no one will get that chance. TB will lock him up well before he gets to RFA status. Even if they don't and some team offers him 20% of the cap or whatever the max deal is, it will get matched. Players like him don't just leave their teams.

Archived