Diminutive Nathan Gerbe plays big for Buffalo Sabres

26CornerBlitz

His head in that pic looks about as big as Mancari's left ass cheek.

Tenacious G!

Now that Mancari's nether region has been brought into the discussion, I believe I can legally mention that, man, he adjusts his junk a lot on the bench.

bigger bodies (which means everyone else).

Not entirely true, which is one reason that he is doing fine. While he may be the shortest player in the NHL, he is not nearly the lightest. For example, Ennis is much skinnier than Gerbe is and only a little taller. I equate Nate with a Bulldog; they may be short, but they are solid. He uses his low center of gravity, combined with his strength/mass, quite effectively.

Wordsmiths -- is diminutive even an appropriate word choice? Very small, tiny, miniature?

A diminutive is also taking a root word and attatching a suffix to show intimacy or affection...the italians do it all the time.

Linguisically......Hockey culture is famous for the diminutive...

Millsy, Greirzy , Royzy, Enzo.......formerly Mairzy,....although the Sabres have gravitated toward the non-diminutive abbreviated name recently....

Staff, Leo, Gaus, Gerbs, Van...

Now that Mancari's nether region has been brought into the discussion, I believe I can legally mention that, man, he adjusts his junk a lot on the bench.

LOL... man we need a game bad..

Archived