Update: Fan Appreciation Night, April 8

spndnchz

Throughout the game, season ticket holders will be selected though random drawings to win a jersey off the back of a Sabres player. The winning fans will then be brought down to the ice post-game, and will receive their game-worn jersey directly from their selected player.

April 8th fan appreciation night, all alumni invited, red carpet event, outdoor party with band, autographs and pictures.

That's nice for people that will be at the game. Now if they added to the press release that the entire event will be simulcast on MSG - that might get some more people excited.

So we need to match up previous Sabres, now retired to their respective cars. Let's go with the first year they played their first game as a Sabre.

Gilbert Perreault : 1970 1/2 Chevy Camaro Z28

Remember the car commercials the Connection did? Gil saying in his best accent...Ford Galaxy 500!!

I love this one:

"All attending alumni will be honored in a pre-game on-ice ceremony that will also include presentation of the 2010-11 Sabres MVP, Rookie of the Year and Hardest Working Player awards. In addition, an online vote will provide Sabres fans with the opportunity to make their choice for “The 7th Man” – the team’s Fan of the Year Award. Details of the online voting process will be announced shortly."

I had been planning to make the suggestion of bringing back the Unsung Hero, Star of Stars etc. Awards. Rookie of the Year seems a bit narrow. Why not "Best Newcomer"?

Hey it's a start.

These guys are good.

It says that T-PEGS is going to speak at a Power Play lunch, good maybe he can get the damn thing to work.

PEGULA is turning out to be a great owner, he shows that he really cares about the fans the team and alumni.

I can't remember if we've had such a proactive owner like this - if ever.

Now, here's a suggestion. Have Mr. Pegula drive up in a car like the one he had when he started his business.

I love this one:

"All attending alumni will be honored in a pre-game on-ice ceremony that will also include presentation of the 2010-11 Sabres MVP, Rookie of the Year and Hardest Working Player awards. In addition, an online vote will provide Sabres fans with the opportunity to make their choice for “The 7th Man” – the team’s Fan of the Year Award. Details of the online voting process will be announced shortly."

I had been planning to make the suggestion of bringing back the Unsung Hero, Star of Stars etc. Awards. Rookie of the Year seems a bit narrow. Why not "Best Newcomer"?

Hey it's a start.

These guys are good.

Scary good. :)

Archived