Summer moves...realistic and bizarre!

LabattBlue

See, in this instance, your wives are bothered by the Indian food just like preposterous trades. So, the lesson here, kids, is to throw out preposterous trade ideas, but only in moderation, just like eating Indian food, eat in moderation.

Having said that, being an Indian, I am somewhat immune to many of gastrointestinal problems that many face after consuming large quantities of Indian food as my body was conditioned to handle it basically since birth. So, does that mean I can throw out as many preposterous trades on this message board because my body can withstand the issues associated with Indian food? Hmm, that's an interesting question. I wonder if the correlation leads to causation?

If you are Indian, don't you just call it food?

If you are Indian, don't you just call it food?

Actually,.. no. People from India are vegetarians (they don't want to eat the souls of their ancestors). What we call Indian food is actually Pakistani food.

I love how while the attempt was to make another trade thread in an attempt to move all the "ridiculous suggestions" to one thread has simply resulted in a two page shpeel about indian food, ass kissing, and possibly the greatest christmas comedy of all time. Is Tampa in severe need of any of these things? Maybe we can get stamkos hedman and St. Louis for a washing machine.

I love how while the attempt was to make another trade thread in an attempt to move all the "ridiculous suggestions" to one thread has simply resulted in a two page shpeel about indian food, ass kissing, and possibly the greatest christmas comedy of all time. Is Tampa in severe need of any of these things? Maybe we can get stamkos hedman and St. Louis for a washing machine.

Kinda surprised that KTN guy hasnt posted anything else on this. But to your point, this thread is terrible. I wonder why the moderators deleted the July 1 one but they let this thing go on about indian food and stuff. Fun stuff, speaking of indian food tomorrow is St. Patricks day so YAY for Corn Beef, which has nothing to do with indian food... but it fits somehow.

Post off season FA/Trade proposals(realistic and bizarre) here, and also anything else on your mind like what you are having for lunch, indian food, stereotypes, etc..

PS Don't be a whiny little bitch when your proposal gets ripped apart. :lol:

Actually,.. no. People from India are vegetarians (they don't want to eat the souls of their ancestors). What we call Indian food is actually Pakistani food.

Per Labatt's original post, you are the first person on this thread to delve into the stereotype realm, so you are very much on-topic. Not only that, you happen to do it in relation to Indian food, so really if we were keeping +/- score right now, you'd be at +2 all at once. So congratulations and good job! :clapping:

So let's address them while we're here.

Stereotype: People from India are vegetarians.

Reality: People from India represent many different religions including Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, etc.

Stereotype: All Hindus are vegetarians (not explicitly stated, but somewhat implied, so extra points for that, so now you are +3)

Reality: Not all Hindus are vegetarians

Stereotype: Food = Meat

Reality: Food can be non-meat items such as fruits, vegetables, grains, lentils, legumes, etc. Sufficient consumption for a vegetarian to live on.

Having said all of that, you pegged me as I happen to be vegetarian, so now you are at +4 in this one post. Totally impressive. :worthy:

On an another note, also on topic as per Labatt's established rules for the thread, I had Taco Bell tonight for dinner (although it is not lunch, I'm going to assume dinner is still within the sphere of on-topic) for the first time in a long time. I realize now why it has been a long time since I last ate Taco Bell. Could be similar to nfreeman's situation with ingesting large quantities of Indian food.

Since I have hit stereotypes, Indian food, and what I had for dinner, the only thing I'm missing from this thread now is a FA/Trade Proposal, so here goes: Lightning trade Steven Stamkos to the Sabres for some Saag Paneer and put Stamkos on an exclusive Turli Tava lunch diet because he is of Macedonian descent. So, in that last sentence, I think I hit bizarre trade, Indian food, lunch discussion, and stereotypes. I think that puts me at +3 for this post.

too bad there arent any really good hockey players from india who are vegetarians and play for someone else... Sydney Crosby could be available this summer if we offer him some wings and beer, but Not anchor bar cuz they suck, he needs duffs. Also we could trade for Mike Green cuz washington wants Byron Brown to paly for hockey for them even though hed be better at basketball.... thenlabwilskmod8tonuts....

Maybe i start an indian food thread where we can talk about hypothetical and "impossible" trade scenarios

You should do it :thumbsup: but every post has to have a food reference in it. Like We should trade for a center who likes mighty taco

Hell how about this unlikely offseason move. Terry said no money limit on the office of hockey operations, we invest in mind control helmets for our players, trade noone, and integrate the helmets into a system operated by an xbox controller. Hand my buddy Josh the controller, and every other slapshot he takes will go in. I swear the kid HAS to be cheating.

Hell how about this unlikely offseason move. Terry said no money limit on the office of hockey operations, we invest in mind control helmets for our players, trade noone, and integrate the helmets into a system operated by an xbox controller. Hand my buddy Josh the controller, and every other slapshot he takes will go in. I swear the kid HAS to be cheating.

I am sorry but that trade idea belongs under the who has NHL 11 thread and you forgot to mention FOOD... but I like it, we could just have him do it for timmy and we would be getting somewhere.

Per Labatt's original post, you are the first person on this thread to delve into the stereotype realm, so you are very much on-topic. Not only that, you happen to do it in relation to Indian food, so really if we were keeping +/- score right now, you'd be at +2 all at once. So congratulations and good job! :clapping:

So let's address them while we're here.

Stereotype: People from India are vegetarians.

Reality: People from India represent many different religions including Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, etc.

Stereotype: All Hindus are vegetarians (not explicitly stated, but somewhat implied, so extra points for that, so now you are +3)

Reality: Not all Hindus are vegetarians

40ish% veg. another 40ish% eat meat infrequently. I'll say it again, people from India are vegetarians.

Stereotype: Food = Meat

Not stereotype. That one is true.

Reality: Food can be non-meat items such as fruits, vegetables, grains, lentils, legumes, etc. Sufficient consumption for a vegetarian to live on.

Sorry, but that is what food eats.

Having said all of that, you pegged me as I happen to be vegetarian, so now you are at +4 in this one post. Totally impressive. :worthy:

I don't know who you are so I didn't peg you at all.

On an another note, also on topic as per Labatt's established rules for the thread, I had Taco Bell tonight for dinner (although it is not lunch, I'm going to assume dinner is still within the sphere of on-topic) for the first time in a long time. I realize now why it has been a long time since I last ate Taco Bell. Could be similar to nfreeman's situation with ingesting large quantities of Indian food.

Good thing, as a vegetarian, that you ate Taco Bell because I' pretty sure that their "meat" is actually only 40% meat.

Since I have hit stereotypes, Indian food, and what I had for dinner, the only thing I'm missing from this thread now is a FA/Trade Proposal, so here goes: Lightning trade Steven Stamkos to the Sabres for some Saag Paneer and put Stamkos on an exclusive Turli Tava lunch diet because he is of Macedonian descent. So, in that last sentence, I think I hit bizarre trade, Indian food, lunch discussion, and stereotypes. I think that puts me at +3 for this post.

I'm thinking -1

Interesting. So Tandoori chicken is Pakistani? Sabrefan526 -- can you confirm?

Are there any Koreans in the Tampa Bay front office?

Adjust your setting to 40 posts per page and it's only 1 page at the time you posted.

Yes - they work in accounting.

Yes - they work in accounting.

Speaking of Koreans, I love that grill built into the table that some Korean restaurants have. That BBQ beef is outstanding.

I wonder if the FNG from Gladiator will roll up soon and complain about this thread again.

Speaking of Koreans, I love that grill built into the table that some Korean restaurants have. That BBQ beef dog is outstanding.

I wonder if the FNG from Gladiator will roll up soon and complain about this thread again.

Koreans are vegetarians - what you think of as Korean food is really laotian.

Speaking of Koreans, I love that grill built into the table that some Korean restaurants have. That BBQ beef is outstanding.

I love Korean BBQ. It's really good and I would expect it to be, considering every Korean is an accountant who eats BBQ.

Koreans are vegetarians - what you think of as Korean food is really laotian.

I was going to ask why there is no differentiation between north korean food and south korean food, but then I realized that it all must be south korean. They're probably eating cardboard up in the north.

Archived