Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

I don't know where 10 in 14 is coming from.

I thought that's what I heard the announcers say during the telecast. If I'm wrong, my apologies. Either way, they were flat. They should probably fire Lindy right now.

GO SABRES!!!

Edit: Just checked. It's 9 in 15. I was way off.

Monty with the play that sums up the night. Other than keeping Miller on his routine and treating injuries, I hope Lindy forbids these guys from even looking at a rink until Friday. They are gassed. 10 games in 14 nights? After that emotional game Sunday? We could have predicted their flatness.

But it ain't over yet.

GO SABRES!!!

Monty had a few gaffes and WTF plays tonight.

I'll give the Canes credit, they played a good road game and got good goaltending. We need to rest and come back strong on Saturday. All is not lost. We still control our own destiny.

GO SABRES!!!

This. Sabres definitely looked slow from the start and struggled to maintain pressure. Even in the end, with Miller on the bench they seemed to not have enough fight or legs or whatever to win the battles along the boards. I saw a lot of guys waiting for the puck to come to them rather than fighting and digging it out.

I don't think they deserved to be boooed, but they definitely didn't play as well as the past 2 weeks. I see the press box in MNTADOR's future, the whole Defense was bad at moving the puck up today, passing was pretty awful. I guess some credit should go to WARD he made a lot of saves but nothing really spectacular. The 1st star forthe Canes should go to the refs for taling the Sabres out of it with 3 minutes left, horrible call.

I gotta ask (and maybe someone else already did, and if so I apologize)....why do you put the player names in all caps?

It's my opinion. Deal with it or go slit your throat. This was an epic choke job, plain and simple. Getting shut out at home against a team breathing down their necks for the 8th spot?

:death:

:unsure:

I don't know where 10 in 14 is coming from.

By my count it was actually 9 in 15, unless I am miscounting the schedule. It just feels like 10 in 14 after the Rico game last night.

Well we shot all the pucks low on ward ya need to get them high to beat him. Started out a little flat but controlled last 3/4 of 1st period just couldnt get a goal. Disappointing loss given the separation we could have gotten but big weekend ahead and team gets a few days to rest and get hecht back. Monty needs to go back to the cheap seats sitting one out didnt seem to help any. Was nice to see fans into game more during 2nd and 3rd.

Disappointing, but not surprising. 9th game in 15 days, 3 in 4 nights. Still 40 shots, in it the whole game. Hot goalie. Get a few days and come back after it. They need to freshen up.

Why in the heck did they keep on saying they played 10 in 14 nights? That's impossible anyway!

Well we shot all the pucks low on ward ya need to get them high to beat him. Started out a little flat but controlled last 3/4 of 1st period just couldnt get a goal. Disappointing loss given the separation we could have gotten but big weekend ahead and team gets a few days to rest and get hecht back. Monty needs to go back to the cheap seats sitting one out didnt seem to help any. Was nice to see fans into game more during 2nd and 3rd.

Agreed. He was the only guy who didn't have the excuse of tired legs since he sat out the last game. Of all players he should have had energy and brought a strong game. I miss the old Monty :(

well miller played good... wish ward hadn't... deep breath and prepare for the next game, Like Pegula says "don't panic" (yes i paraphrased)

That's EXACTLY the attitude the team should take. TP is right.

But some of the ladies around here are gonna get their knickers all bunched up anyways.

GO SABRES!!!

That's EXACTLY the attitude the team should take. TP is right.

But some of the ladies around here are gonna get their knickers all bunched up anyways.

GO SABRES!!!

:blink:

Are all the ladies around here in nursing homes?!? All the girls I hang out with wear panties

It's my opinion. Deal with it or go slit your throat. This was an epic choke job, plain and simple. Getting shut out at home against a team breathing down their necks for the 8th spot?

Slit my throat? How about you pay attention to the entire season, or better yet, the past 2 weeks. They had 40 shots and just couldn't bet a very good goalie. If they had scored one one of the 22 shots they had during the first period we wouldn't even be hearing from you. Glad they are getting a few well deserved days off after a long road trip and an emotional weekend. As much as you wish it was, the sky is not falling.

:blink:

Are all the ladies around here in nursing homes?!? All the girls I hang out with wear panties

I was trying to be deferential to their elderly status. Then again, they're more menopausal than anything. So, panties it is. Except for PA: he's old enough for knickers.

GO SABRES!!!

This game should have felt like a playoff game but I didn't get that sense from either team. Rather boring, lackluster game. The fatigue finally caught up to the Sabres as they played tired all night and Carolina took it to them early but just sat back the rest of the night. No intensity from either side.

This game should have felt like a playoff game but I didn't get that sense from either team. Rather boring, lackluster game. The fatigue finally caught up to the Sabres as they played tired all night and Carolina took it to them early but just sat back the rest of the night. No intensity from either side.

Tired? They put up 40 shots. Their arms may be tired.

I would say that it was a playoff game given the low score, but actually watching the game there was a lot of defensive breakdowns and sloppy play. If it wasn't for Miller (and Ward) the game could have easily been a higher scoring affair.

Fast paced high-risk game works well in the regular season but not playoff time when teams buckle down and play a more physical defensive game. I didn't really see 'playoff hockey' tonight save for a nice effort from both keepers.

Being reported on other message boards that during his press conference, Lindy stated that he told the team to cut down on physical play because Carolina is diving. :wallbash:

So how were they supposed to win? Ice Capades style?

He ain't going nowhere!

Being reported on other message boards that during his press conference, Lindy stated that he told the team to cut down on physical play because Carolina is diving. :wallbash:

He ain't going nowhere!

when was the last time we had a physical team that struck fear into the opponent? I'll wait...

He ain't going nowhere!

Freakin' floppers. In this case, we should definitely hit them harder so there's no doubt we hit them.

The excuses are irrelevant. You're telling me a team thats been this hot for the past 2 weeks cant put it past the goalie once on 40 shots in a playoff like atmosphere? No excuses or that.

You kind of answered your own question/statment. 40 shots from a hot team, and 40 saves by Cam Ward. That was just a great game by Cam Ward. No team (outside of maybe the Devils) are going to win every game.

Archived