"Money on the board"

PASabreFan

It was a pretty interesting story, but did I miss something with your Stafford reference there?

After Stafford scored the game winner in Minny, Sylvester or Rayzor was interviewing him and said it was a big goal blah blah, he said something like "especially with money on the board."

After Stafford scored the game winner in Minny, Sylvester or Rayzor was interviewing him and said it was a big goal blah blah, he said something like "especially with money on the board."

Ahhh, us out of towners don't get any postgame with the center ice package.

That kind of sux. The post-game stuff used to be fun.

I still like it. At least for home games with Roby Kevin and Rayzor. It completes the whole experience of watching a hockey game -- it's kind of like when you go to a Sabres game, when you're trying to get out of the parking lot and on the way home, you turn on WGR550 and listen to the fans calling in and taking about it. I like to hear what they have to say. So you watch a Sabres game on TV, you watch the post game interviews, Lindy's post game q&a, and analysis of the whole game. IDK. I enjoy it.

DirecTV typically shows all of the post game coverage.

No, no it doesn't. Sometimes it will get a little ways in, sometimes it cuts off immediately when the game coverage ends. Once in a great while it will show the whole Lexus shootout but that's pretty rare.

DirecTV typically shows all of the post game coverage.

No, no it doesn't. Sometimes it will get a little ways in, sometimes it cuts off immediately when the game coverage ends. Once in a great while it will show the whole Lexus shootout but that's pretty rare.

I'd guess that somehow Mox has ended up w/ DTV thinking he's in the Buffalo market, as I am in the Sabres' primary market but lose the shootout on a fairly regular basis (hasn't happened that often this year, but last year I probably lost it on 15-20 games). It appears that they thought for some reason that I wasn't in the Sabres' primary market. :censored: (But I did get a fair amount of credits when I'd complain about it. :thumbsup: )

They are supposed to show it to people in the Sabres 'local' market but AFAIK that is the only area that is supposed to get the post-game show. Maybe it comes as part of the DTV Sports Package, but I really doubt that as I have had that since I switched to DTV and as mentioned I lost the post game show on a regular basis last year.

I get the Center Ice package through Time Warner. On occaision, they do show the post-game shows, for about half an hour. This is rare, and it is always noted on the Center Ice listing, with an asterik, indicating post-game coverage. There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason as to when they show it.

Typically, with the Time Warner feed, however, they just cut it off, within moments of the game ending...it is always a litte unsatisfying, particularly after a great game like last nights!

If I can watch it live, and nothing else to do, I usually go to the GR streaming and listen to the post-game show. Amazing, I can follow the Buffalo Sabres that closely, living in Texas. I pretty much missed the entire Sabres of the 90's, because you just couldn't follow the NHL in those days, if you were in an non-NHL market. Back in those days, I would see about 4 or 5 regular season games on ESPN2, and the playoffs. How far it has come since then.

I was disappointed last night, however, when the listnig indicated the Sabres/Bruins game would be in HD, but it wasn't...just that miserable NESN feed...! :censored:

I was disappointed last night, however, when the listnig indicated the Sabres/Bruins game would be in HD, but it wasn't...just that miserable NESN feed...! :censored:

I'm on comcast and typically one game a night is listed as being in HD. Half of the time the station doesn't actually work though. I've never been able to figure that one out.

I'm on comcast and typically one game a night is listed as being in HD. Half of the time the station doesn't actually work though. I've never been able to figure that one out.

With TW, where I am anyway, they have #'s 960-974, IIRC devoted to Center Ice. Then, on 1158 and 1163 they show the HD games...anywhere from 2-4 games a night.

With TW, where I am anyway, they have #'s 960-974, IIRC devoted to Center Ice. Then, on 1158 and 1163 they show the HD games...anywhere from 2-4 games a night.

We have just about the same number of stations for the standard broadcasts. The single HD broadcast is usually on the highest station in that group, but recently they've been randomly throwing the HD game anywhere in that range. I never realized they could flop a station back and forth between being standard def and HD, but apparently they can.

Archived