Calling All Miserable Superheroes....

Ghost of Dwight Drane

For some reason, I picture Larry Quinn rubbing his hands together and laughing like a mad man as he goes, "I got you again, suckas....hahahahaha!!"

For those that don't like Sully, he's got nads. He doesn't back down. Not from Miller, not from Pegula.

Harrington is emerging as the real star.

I loved John Vogl's one question. Holy man.

I think "Sweeney" was intended. Sully had just been blamed for the Sabres lack of heart and was probably muzzled by the News the past few days to make nice-nice. Nice little instigator move.

The problem with assuming Pegula can put together quality management is that he has just made it clear Darcy is his top hockey mind. He said he will be adding positions UNDER him. Black and Sweeney....I mean Sawyer, are your guys.

I agree about having him prepared for an interview, but I will give Pegula credit for facing the music. He seems sincere, and I can respect that. If he doesn't change some of his views in short order though, we could be in for a world of frustration.

This REALLY bothered me. Did Boston not have a star on their team out with an injury last Spring? Do other teams not rise above injuries? Excuses. Blech.

I hope that interview was just a show for the team to see he has their back publicly and that he is much more critical behind closed doors. But it has me concerned for just how much of a fan he really is.

Right, I'm sure they will love hearing how they're quitters.

Harrington is emerging as the real star.

I loved John Vogl's one question. Holy man.

I have a hard time hearing who is who.

Another thing I am taking out of this week.....Gaustad will probably be the next captain. Roby was setting up a ballwashing last night, and Pegula mentioned him as a leader the first thing out of his mouth.

Another thing I am taking out of this week.....Gaustad will probably be the next captain. Roby was setting up a ballwashing last night, and Pegula mentioned him as a leader the first thing out of his mouth.

I caught that too. Looks like another role player as captain.

So which Q was the one Vogl asked?

It's that little tinny squeaking voice. "What other owners do you admire?" You're sitting in an editorial board meeting with the rare chance to really open up and ask tough questions. That's what they're for. And you rehash a question about 100 people have asked the last two days?

For some reason, I picture Larry Quinn rubbing his hands together and laughing like a mad man as he goes, "I got you again, suckas....hahahahaha!!"

For those that don't like Sully, he's got nads. He doesn't back down. Not from Miller, not from Pegula.

TP has earned more money than all of us on this board combined and you're already waiting for the village idiot (Sully) to carve him to pieces. The Sabres are not accountable nor answer to Sully. Sully "has nads"? Perhaps, but there are plenty in this world who have nads but not the brains, and that's how I define Sully. He relies on sensationalism to sell his stories, but all he does is state the obvious and blow steam. His attack on Miller demonstrates that point, plus that he doesn't know hockey. If Buffalo were still a 2 newspaper town. neither Sully nor Gleason would be around.

Also, do you really think TP is going to hang his GM out to dry? No successful businessman does that.

And Ted Black certainly hung his owner out to dry on the issue of ticket prices. At the presser, Terry clearly said he didn't plan to raise ticket prices. Ted claimed Terry said he merely hadn't considered it or thought about it yet.

Come on guys, get your story straight.

The issue from Ted's point of view seemed to be keeping revenues high enough to get revenue sharing from the NHL. So the poor people of Buffalo are going to have to pay more for tickets so a three-billionaire can get a welfare check from Gary Bettman?

TP has earned more money than all of us on this board combined and you're already waiting for the village idiot (Sully) to carve him to pieces. The Sabres are not accountable nor answer to Sully. Sully "has nads"? Perhaps, but there are plenty in this world who have nads but not the brains, and that's how I define Sully. He relies on sensationalism to sell his stories, but all he does is state the obvious and blow steam. His attack on Miller demonstrates that point, plus that he doesn't know hockey. If Buffalo were still a 2 newspaper town. neither Sully nor Gleason would be around.

Also, do you really think TP is going to hang his GM out to dry? No successful businessman does that.

Obviously Pegula respects Sullivan much more than you do, because Pegula said Sully was able to break the backs and hearts of $55 million worth of payroll and make them quit.

Sullivan is an instigator, but he also stands up for his teammates. Twice now in one week.

Obviously Pegula respects Sullivan much more than you do, because Pegula said Sully was able to break the backs and hearts of $55 million worth of payroll and make them quit.

Sullivan is an instigator, but he also stands up for his teammates. Twice now in one week.

Ya know who else is good, scary good? Mike Harrington.

Great question. "What did you think about July 1, 2007?" Sneaky. At first, Pegula seemed to have no idea about the significance of that date. It's hard to tell on the tape if Ted or someone else clued him in.

And he was upset he didn't make a run at buying the Sabres before Golisano did because he didn't know the team was for sale?!

Seriously, what kind of fan is he?

Bitchers will be bitchers. Some of you even will just make stuff up to bitch about. This thread is closed as for me. I'll root for the Sabres; you all can keep rooting for misery. (I don't know how DeLuca would live if the Sabres won a Cup.)

This is just sad. :doh:

Bitchers will be bitchers. Some of you even will just make stuff up to bitch about. This thread is closed as for me. I'll root for the Sabres; you all can keep rooting for misery. (I don't know how DeLuca would live if the Sabres won a Cup.)

Did you listen?

Come on, you're better than this.

Since when does "rooting" have to be void of any reality?

I have been as positive as anyone about the chances of Pegula buying the team and what his pockets would be able to do. He has proven that is to be the case.

I am glad Pegula put himself out there. He sounds like he is being honest. I also am excited about the renewed energy and return to roots we have seen this week.

I am not happy about GM/Coach for life somehow entrenching themselves into another administration.

This isn't quite as damning at the Watergate tapes, but anyone that has the hopes of a quick turnaround must certainly temper those a bit after listening. At least, any objective and rational person.

Archived