Calling All Miserable Superheroes....

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Those millenials keep trying to add me to their group!

Where's weave and sizz, I wanna be in their group.

Aww come on the Millenials are a peaceful ppl full of positive attitudes that lack cynicism... wait a second never mind.

Just because I find it intriguing which hockey player would I be? Feel free to pile on, it is an amusing conundrum.

I will say that over the last year I have pissed off people and said things that were outlandish, but through all of that I would like to think I have maintained and grown in my knowledge of the game and the league. If I am one of these "annoying, stupid, shoot me in the face" new posters than I am sad. My only intent has ever been to try and flush out this teams flaws and cast my eye around the NHL to find players that could make us better.

My biggest is flaw is that I believe, 365 days from now, we won't be discussing how bad they are, but how great they are about to become. The young guys, Gerbe, Myers, Ennis, Sekera, Adam, Kassian, McNabb, Enroth. These guys are the backbone of a Stanley Cup winner. I can't prove that but I know it. I think that the young guys are pushing back against the old status quo and that is one of the reasons for this teams dysfunction. Look at the defense. They are actually pretty good with all things considered because there is NO ONE from the Briere/Drury era back there anymore. This team being horrendous this year may be the best thing that could happen. Change is coming.

Having finally listened to Pegula's soundbites, he sounds equal parts pissed and exhausted. I loved him saying he aspires to be like Ilitch, Kraft and the Rooneys as an owner and organization. If it takes time to build that, I'll gladly be patient. However, when he said the media is too hard on the team and staff -- that most people, if exposed to that level of criticism, probably wouldn't even show up for work, he lost me.

On that level, he sounds like a complete neophyte.

Archived