Peters retires

tom webster

Am I the only one that feels a little empathy for Peters? I mean, the dude was a beast when he was juicing and then he did the right thing and got off it. And it changed his whole personality and eventually cost him his job.

He was a lousy fighter when he got off the stuff. But I didn't want to see him run out of hockey. I hope he saved some cash for this day.

Am I the only one that feels a little empathy for Peters? I mean, the dude was a beast when he was juicing and then he did the right thing and got off it. And it changed his whole personality and eventually cost him his job.

He was a lousy fighter when he got off the stuff. But I didn't want to see him run out of hockey. I hope he saved some cash for this day.

He's a jerk.

I don't wish ill will on the guy, but the game passed him by a long time ago. I never thought he was much of a fighter even when he was juicing. His most memorable moment wasn't even a fight - it was the golf swing thing in the playoffs. His complete inability to skate a normal shift made him superfluous in today's NHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgwUmzDzm8

DR handing him a two year deal may go down as one of his most boneheaded moves during his tenure as a Sabre GM.

Peters would have taken a one year deal and not have hesitated one bit.

If handing a fighter a 2 year deal at roughly 550K per is one of his worst moves, then he's had a pretty great career.

If handing a fighter a 2 year deal at roughly 550K per is one of his worst moves, then he's had a pretty great career.

My point is that he gave a guy who didn't belong in the NHL, a multi-year deal. I don't care if it was for minimum salary or not. The guy couldn't even do his one job well and that was to fight.

What a surprise that once the Sabres smartened up and let him go, his NHL "career" more or less disappeared.

My point is that he gave a guy who didn't belong in the NHL, a multi-year deal. I don't care if it was for minimum salary or not. The guy couldn't even do his one job well and that was to fight.

What a surprise that once the Sabres smartened up and let him go, his NHL "career" more or less disappeared.

Like many former sabres draft picks who make the big team but fall off the hockey map once they leave buffalo. Which really puts the lie to Darcy's record of success in drafting players who end up in the NHL. Frankly, it's why I also believe that Ruff deserves a chance with a real NHL roster. Look what he has done (historically) with a bunch of scrubs, many of whom would never see the ice on a real team.

Yeah, I get that, but if that's the worst that management (I won't lay it all at Darcy's feet) ever did...well, let's just say that we all know it isn't even close to the worst thing they did.

Like many former sabres draft picks who make the big team but fall off the hockey map once they leave buffalo. Which really puts the lie to Darcy's record of success in drafting players who end up in the NHL. Frankly, it's why I also believe that Ruff deserves a chance with a real NHL roster. Look what he has done (historically) with a bunch of scrubs, many of whom would never see the ice on a real team.

Amen.

This is sad because he can be seen drowning his sorrows at a bar down the street from our rink in Rochester literally every single day. I guess I had no idea he had only played twice since October, which makes the drinking even more sad. Hopefully he cleans up his act or at least gets a job on the other side of the bar.

This is sad because he can be seen drowning his sorrows at a bar down the street from our rink in Rochester literally every single day. I guess I had no idea he had only played twice since October, which makes the drinking even more sad. Hopefully he cleans up his act or at least gets a job on the other side of the bar.

That sucks.

Distillery on Winton?

That's so sad... :cry:

Archived