Miller vs. Lack of Offense

BuffaloFansR_Crazy

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you blame more for the Sabres being in 11th place

• Ryan Miller's goaltending
    • Sabres Offense

Not counting tonight's game against the Pens, Miller has allowed 104 goals for a GAA of 2.68 and a SV% of .913. The Sabres have scored 133 goals to rank 22nd in the NHL.

The answer is neither.

Management decided they were going to try and duplicate the success they had with Hasek in net. Have a really good goalie and hope you can scrape up a goal or two. The failures of this season fall directly onto Darcy Regier for not doing anything in the off-season to improve this hockey team.

Can't blame Miller for last night. Timmy kicked one in, Leopold let that guy walk in and take a wrister from the middle of the circle on another and Cooke was all alone in front on the other. Sabres need more goals. The score two early goals and nothing the rest of the way. Ennis had several great opportunities, I bet in the years ahead he burries stuff like that. I really think a guy like Kaleta would have made a big difference last night. I really like our young fast players, but a little more size up front will be nice. I'm pretty optimistic that our scoring depth will be fine as these younger players get better, but they should add a veteran scoring forward in the offseason.

Can't blame Miller for last night. Timmy kicked one in, Leopold let that guy walk in and take a wrister from the middle of the circle on another and Cooke was all alone in front on the other. Sabres need more goals. The score two early goals and nothing the rest of the way. Ennis had several great opportunities, I bet in the years ahead he burries stuff like that. I really think a guy like Kaleta would have made a big difference last night. I really like our young fast players, but a little more size up front will be nice. I'm pretty optimistic that our scoring depth will be fine as these younger players get better, but they should add a veteran scoring forward in the offseason.

The goalie isn't supposed to stop wrist shots from that far out?

What will? The goalkeeeping or the offense? I thought about adding the Def as well as coaching and management but I really wanted to see what people thought about these two factors.

All of it will change. A championship team doesn't tune up one part of its game and forsake the rest in the process. If a team is to be built properly they will address all areas of weakness.

This season Miller is not as good as he was last year, but he has the potential to become to a Hasek like dominator from time to time.

He can bring the cup to Buffalo, if one of this phases come during the playoffs. Without an goalie in a very good shape you can not win the cup.

He is the basis for this hopefully coming event.

In my opinion he shoul never been traded

LaLaLafontaine

Null vote. There is an overall lack of talent on this team. Offense, defense, backup goaltending.

This. I don't get the Miller hate. A properly constructed NHL team would have no problem being successful with the likes of Ryan Miller in goal. Ryan Miller is way down the list (probably last) of what is wrong with this team.

This. I don't get the Miller hate. A properly constructed NHL team would have no problem being successful with the likes of Ryan Miller in goal. Ryan Miller is way down the list (probably last) of what is wrong with this team.

No "Miller hate" here; I just don't think he's having a very good year this year. I suspect there are a few others who feel that way but whose feelings don't rise to the level of "Miller hate."

No "Miller hate" here; I just don't think he's having a very good year this year. I suspect there are a few others who feel that way but whose feelings don't rise to the level of "Miller hate."

I agree he's not having his best season, but even with that there are countless other things to complain about before Miller with this team.

Miller has reverted back to his career numbers. For the most part his career numbers are not and have not been good enough(save one year on a stacked team and lost to Carolina) to get to the playoffs let alone advance in the playoffs.

Even after his career year last year, where did that get Buffalo? Nowhere. Miller was outplayed badly last year by a backup. Boston was the lowest scoring team in the league, had a backup goalie, and Buffalo had 2, 2 goal advantages. Yet Miller could not even come close to sealing the deal. If he couldn't do it last year after he had a great year, and he couldn't get it done in 05/06 or 06/07 with stacked teams, when and how long do we have to wait for him to put it all together to carry this team to the top of the heap? None of us are getting any younger. In my opinion I do not think Miller is capable of leading a team to the Stanley Cup. I really do not understand the love affair with average goaltending. Most here tabbed Marty as not being good enough and Miller is good enough to take this team all the way yet Millers and Martys career numbers are eerily similar, yet Miller has played with undoubtedly better talent. Some of those teams Marty played on were absolutely horrible, and no I don't want Marty back. I just don't get it.

Miller has reverted back to his career numbers. For the most part his career numbers are not and have not been good enough(save one year on a stacked team and lost to Carolina) to get to the playoffs let alone advance in the playoffs.

Even after his career year last year, where did that get Buffalo? Nowhere. Miller was outplayed badly last year by a backup. Boston was the lowest scoring team in the league, had a backup goalie, and Buffalo had 2, 2 goal advantages. Yet Miller could not even come close to sealing the deal. If he couldn't do it last year after he had a great year, and he couldn't get it done in 05/06 or 06/07 with stacked teams, when and how long do we have to wait for him to put it all together to carry this team to the top of the heap? None of us are getting any younger. In my opinion I do not think Miller is capable of leading a team to the Stanley Cup. I really do not understand the love affair with average goaltending. Most here tabbed Marty as not being good enough and Miller is good enough to take this team all the way yet Millers and Martys career numbers are eerily similar, yet Miller has played with undoubtedly better talent. Some of those teams Marty played on were absolutely horrible, and no I don't want Marty back. I just don't get it.

Ok then, let's ditch Miller and let the Enroth era begin! :wallbash:

Miller has reverted back to his career numbers. For the most part his career numbers are not and have not been good enough(save one year on a stacked team and lost to Carolina) to get to the playoffs let alone advance in the playoffs. Even after his career year last year, where did that get Buffalo? Nowhere. Miller was outplayed badly last year by a backup. Boston was the lowest scoring team in the league, had a backup goalie, and Buffalo had 2, 2 goal advantages. Yet Miller could not even come close to sealing the deal. If he couldn't do it last year after he had a great year, and he couldn't get it done in 05/06 or 06/07 with stacked teams, when and how long do we have to wait for him to put it all together to carry this team to the top of the heap? None of us are getting any younger. In my opinion I do not think Miller is capable of leading a team to the Stanley Cup. I really do not understand the love affair with average goaltending. Most here tabbed Marty as not being good enough and Miller is good enough to take this team all the way yet Millers and Martys career numbers are eerily similar, yet Miller has played with undoubtedly better talent. Some of those teams Marty played on were absolutely horrible, and no I don't want Marty back. I just don't get it.

but, but, but, " on any given night, HE WILL BE READY!!!"......

GP W L OT MIN GA SO GAA SV%

Fluery 302 148 106 30 17164 808 16 2.82 0.907

Miller 333 187 104 33 19609 839 17 2.57 0.914

Ward 272 138 100 23 15415 717 12 2.79 0.905

How did Fluery and Ward manage to win Stanley Cups with those not even Miller-esque career numbers? Again, singling out Miller on this team is asinine.

GP W L OT MIN GA SO GAA SV%

Fluery 302 148 106 30 17164 808 16 2.82 0.907

Miller 333 187 104 33 19609 839 17 2.57 0.914

Ward 272 138 100 23 15415 717 12 2.79 0.905

How did Fluery and Ward manage to win Stanley Cups with those not even Miller-esque career numbers? Again, singling out Miller on this team is asinine.

:clapping:

DID YOU WATCH... (the two playoff runs in 05/06 & 06/07, and last season????).

Miller played well. Boston's goalie last season in the playoffs was NOT their backup (is now, with Thomas back on his game, and Rask playing down from his last-season's level .. plus all he had to do was stop OUR offense...). Bad luck in 05/06 & 06/07 (Miller saved some key moments in those early series wins over Islanders & Rangers), and now, they aren't yet a complete team, which will hopefully change with the new ownership (and IMO, Miller should be part of our puzzle, unless the hockey experts have good reason to believe the "Enroth era" can be at least on a par with what Miller brings, night-after-night).

Will be interesting to see if Enroth gets more play (early) next season. As part of the new group's "hockey evaluation" (isn't that how Miller came up, then took over for Biron?).

GO SABRES!!

Archived