Roy Allegedly Pops Connolly at Miller's Event

That Aud Smell

It would be great?

It would be great if Roy, who presumably will be here for a while after TC presumably leaves this presumable summer, cared enough about the team to presumably call out TC for his crappy play at this event, and cared enough to presumably slug him. That to me would mean that Roy is stepping up his leadership.

It would be great if Roy, who presumably will be here for a while after TC presumably leaves this presumable summer, cared enough about the team to presumably call out TC for his crappy play at this event, and cared enough to presumably slug him. That to me would mean that Roy is stepping up his leadership.

He's even disappointing people with his performance at charity events?

Dollars to donuts, if Roy did indeed slug Connolly, it had nothing to do with hockey.

He's even disappointing people with his performance at charity events?

Dollars to donuts, if Roy did indeed slug Connolly, it had nothing to do with hockey.

1. If it happened, it may have been the result of pent-up frustration at Connolly's attitude & play throughout the year. Or maybe Connolly was drunk(there were drunk Connolly sightings again Saturday night, but I guess you can't blame a kid for blowing off steam with a four-day break ahead).

2. Donuts cost almost a dollar now. Sad. I like that expression.

1. If it happened, it may have been the result of pent-up frustration at Connolly's attitude & play throughout the year. Or maybe Connolly was drunk(there were drunk Connolly sightings again Saturday night, but I guess you can't blame a kid for blowing off steam with a four-day break ahead).

2. Donuts cost almost a dollar now. Sad. I like that expression.

I never understood the expression, but I like it too.

I just don't think these guys care enough about the team to brawl over it.

Gotta be a over a girl. Or a guy.

i follow your reasoning - PA's nitpicking of syntax notwithstanding.

I never understood the expression, but I like it too.

as i understand it, the expression was intended to convey how sure the speaker was of his position. as in, i am so sure that XYZ is true that i will wager my hard-earned dollars while you must only wager your donuts that, while delicious, cost a mere fraction of a dollar per donut.

and i agree with eleven: the expression is regrettably becoming mooted by the inflationary trending of donut prices.

Gotta be a over a girl. Or a guy.

maybe they tried to re-create that picture that chz posts, and The Skill grabbed too earnestly. or not earnestly enough.

Or we could spin this the exact opposite way. There have always been questions about Roy's maturing. Punching a teammate at a charity function wouldn't exactly counter that belief.

well, so much for that rumor (see below).

vogl does himself and his employer a disservice, though, by taking such gratuitous shots at the twitter-sphere. sure there's a lot of nonsense there, but that's also where most newsorthy events in sports get reported first.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

Roy, Ruff deny rumor of Connolly getting punched

Nov 23, 2010 1:54:44 PM / Comment

Acting to end a rumor that began in the world of feces that is Twitter, Sabres forward Derek Roy and coach Lindy Ruff denied today that a welt under Tim Connolly's eye came from a Roy punch Sunday night at Ryan Miller's "Catwalk for Charity."

"I didn’t do anything to him," Roy said. "Trust me. I would not hit a teammate at a charity event, that’s for sure. I’m the last guy in this dressing room, if you ask anybody, who would do anything like that.

"I heard it about it this morning. I’m just upset about it because I didn’t do anything. I don’t know who would smear my name like that. I didn’t do anything.

"Nothing happened. It was obviously a rumor. I don’t know who would make that stuff up. If you want to know what happened, ask him."

Connolly, who also has a groin injury, was not at practice today in HSBC Arena.

"Derek did not touch Tim Connolly," Ruff said. "What happened was [Connolly] had an incident that was related to something that he was going to perform at the charity event. It’s fairly funny. If he wants to tell you, he can go ahead. It has nothing to do with fighting. It has something to do with what he was trying to practice for part of the program, and he wasn’t very good at it, obviously."

The Roy-Connolly story began Monday night with "rumors all over Twitter." After putting on hip waders, rubber gloves, a gas mask and taking an anti-vomit pill, I ventured to the God-forsaken site and discovered what I expected to discover: One person posted the rumor, and a lot of other people copied and/or linked to the one comment, making it look like more than one person actually had an original thought.

If they had a thought, it should have been to go outside and enjoy the world rather than sit and stare at a computer screen.

---John Vogl

Also, to be fair to the WGR morning guys--they reported the existence of the rumor and were very careful to stress that they were not reporting facts, other than the two sound bites of Lindy declining to explain what happened. I must say, the first of those sound bites made me think something had happened (and Howard Simon similarly stated).

Boy, that last line is a zinger. Never heard that one.

ever see vogl and stafford in the same room before?

i imagine that there's a member of this community who's been cleared of suspicion (who was/is that that has "i am not drew stafford" in his avatar area?)

Now go enjoy the pre-game buffet, and don't forget to ask Larry for some autographed Sabres swag for you nephew's Christmas gift.

full marks.

Archived