[OT] Shooting at City Grill

Ghost of Dwight Drane

My father used to say, the only folks out at 2:30a are people who have been drinking, drunks and cops. A volatile cocktail no matter how you parse it.

Sorry to see that the only way Buffalo can make the national news is through disaster or tragedy.

Hmm.. I just had a deja vu feeling...

My father used to say, the only folks out at 2:30a are people who have been drinking, drunks and cops. A volatile cocktail no matter how you parse it.

Sorry to see that the only way Buffalo can make the national news is through disaster or tragedy.

Hmm.. I just had a deja vu feeling...

Don't forget....hookers.

I like watching topics like this unfold on here. It helps me learn more about the posters. I don't care what your politics are, but to me it all comes down to common sense. I'm all about live and let live, but I am enough of a realist to understand how a certain situation can go south in a hurry that may have taken another direction under different circumstances.

In the meantime, the cops can't figure anything out with 100 witnesses and 10% of them shot.

Don't forget....hookers.

I like watching topics like this unfold on here. It helps me learn more about the posters. I don't care what your politics are, but to me it all comes down to common sense. I'm all about live and let live, but I am enough of a realist to understand how a certain situation can go south in a hurry that may have taken another direction under different circumstances.

In the meantime, the cops can't figure anything out with 100 witnesses and 10% of them shot.

And I'm guessing that the people who did know the shooter wound up in that 10%.

I'm not surprised bpd got it wrong. Cases like this are high profile and police want to provide quick results at the cost of solid police work.

And at the end of the day, the guy was violating his parole (according to the Buffalo News) so he's practically asking to be sent back to jail. If his mother wants to sue, she's got one hell of an uphill battle.

And at the end of the day, the guy was violating his parole (according to the Buffalo News) so he's practically asking to be sent back to jail. If his mother wants to sue, she's got one hell of an uphill battle.

Not really, the suit would have nothing to do with violating parole. His name and face were plastered all over the news as a murder suspect. They arrested him on bad info and without reviewing the tape which clearly exonerated him. The suit is for being labeled a murderer. Tough to win either way.

Not really, the suit would have nothing to do with violating parole. His name and face were plastered all over the news as a murder suspect. They arrested him on bad info and without reviewing the tape which clearly exonerated him. The suit is for being labeled a murderer. Tough to win either way.

So the suit belongs with the media, not the police. At the end of the day, the guy was breaking the law and wound up being arrested. If you don't want to go to jail, don't do something illegal.

But you're probably right though. With this over-litigious society, they'll probably give him a couple million.

So the suit belongs with the media, not the police. At the end of the day, the guy was breaking the law and wound up being arrested. If you don't want to go to jail, don't do something illegal.

But you're probably right though. With this over-litigious society, they'll probably give him a couple million.

The thing is he wasn't arrested for violating parole. You dont bring a swat team to arrest a parole violator. He was arrested as a quadruple murder suspect.

Suit is with police and possibly media.

Over litigous? juries give out awards not lawyers. Blame the jury.

The thing is he wasn't arrested for violating parole. You dont bring a swat team to arrest a parole violator. He was arrested as a quadruple murder suspect.

Suit is with police and possibly media.

Over litigous? juries give out awards not lawyers. Blame the jury.

At least the guy didn't spend half his life in jail like Anthony Capozzi did before the police realized their mistake. I'm not in law enforcement but I would think you want to be absolutely sure before you go out and arrest somebody.

Another thing, I would love to know how much that false arrest cost the City of Buffalo?

• 2 weeks later...

What annoys the ###### out of me is they have the guy on camera and won't release the picture. Why the ###### do you have cameras for? Spending tons of taxpayers money to install a huge system of cameras downtown to catch people committing crimes, someone shoots 8 and kills 4 people and you don't use the pic publicly to catch them? Would 5 dead be enough? How about 6? 7?

Oh they saw it, but there's the whole stupidity in the urban community about not snitching.

I forgot to use the sarcasm font. There are at least 75 people who know exactly who it is. 25 are protecting him, 25 want to get revenge by killing him themselves, and the last 25 don't care, but hate the cops so much that they refuse to help catch a murderer in their own community.

I forgot to use the sarcasm font. There are at least 75 people who know exactly who it is. 25 are protecting him, 25 want to get revenge by killing him themselves, and the last 25 don't care, but hate the cops so much that they refuse to help catch a murderer in their own community.

And then there's the people who protest the Buffalo News for showing this to be exactly what it was, a gang shooting. At least they're actually presenting some information unlike the police.

A lot of people figure, better stupid than dead.

Which encourages the gangs to continue this activity. The problem grows. There's no right answer here, but the whole no snitching thing is a major player in this problem.

Edit: So the guy turned himself into Channel 4? Talk about an attention grab.

Which encourages the gangs to continue this activity. The problem grows. There's no right answer here, but the whole no snitching thing is a major player in this problem.

Edit: So the guy turned himself into Channel 4? Talk about an attention grab.

NIce job, Mike Cejka.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived