[OT] What's your perfect weather day?

PASabreFan

I bring it up because today's getting pretty close for me. Yeah, it's a touch on the cool side at 60 with a pretty strong breeze. But it's sunny with some fair weather clouds, and the humidity is low. Give me eight to 10 more degrees and... perfecto.

There might have to be a sub-discussion -- perfect fall/winter weather. It's hard to beat one of those crisp (maybe 10 or 15 degrees), clear, calm days in January with a fresh snowfall at your feet. Or the 60-degree beauty in October at 1 p.m. on a Sunday that makes you leave the house for three hours and 11 minutes. :)

I bring it up because today's getting pretty close for me. Yeah, it's a touch on the cool side at 60 with a pretty strong breeze. But it's sunny with some fair weather clouds, and the humidity is low. Give me eight to 10 more degrees and... perfecto.

There might have to be a sub-discussion -- perfect fall/winter weather. It's hard to beat one of those crisp (maybe 10 or 15 degrees), clear, calm days in January with a fresh snowfall at your feet. Or the 60-degree beauty in October at 1 p.m. on a Sunday that makes you leave the house for three hours and 11 minutes. :)

Just a perfect day

drink Sangria in the park

And then later

when it gets dark, we go home

Just a perfect day

feed animals in the zoo

Then later

a movie, too, and then home

Oh, it's such a perfect day

I'm glad I spend it with you

Oh, such a perfect day

You just keep me hanging on

Just a perfect day

problems all left alone

Weekenders on our own

it's such fun

Just a perfect day

you made me forget myself

I thought I was

someone else, someone good

I'm glad I spent it with you

Oh, such a perfect day

You're going to reap just what you sow

Just a perfect day

drink Sangria in the park

And then later

when it gets dark, we go home

Just a perfect day

feed animals in the zoo

Then later

a movie, too, and then home

I'm glad I spend it with you

Oh, such a perfect day

Just a perfect day

problems all left alone

Weekenders on our own

it's such fun

Just a perfect day

you made me forget myself

I thought I was

someone else, someone good

I'm glad I spent it with you

Oh, such a perfect day

What's the source of these lyrics?

65-75 F with 40% or lower humidity, sunny with those big puffy cumulus mediocris floating by. :thumbsup:

I'm with you Duds, only I would specify winds 5-10 mph. B-)

This. As a golfer, I wouldn't mind a little breeze for an added challenge now & then...but not too much.

And to PA's idea of a sub-discussion, a crisp 50-degree day in late September/early October can't be beat. Good for attending a football game or even an 18-hole match.

I do love summer, I really do.

But, for me, the perfect weather day has to be this: A raging blizzard outside, the kind where you keep pulling back the curtains to look out and are shocked at how fast it's piling up. Inside, a fire in the fireplace, a stocked refrigerator, chocolate chip cookies baking, my family together watching hockey.

Honest.

But, for me, the perfect weather day has to be this: A raging blizzard outside, the kind where you keep pulling back the curtains to look out and are shocked at how fast it's piling up. Inside, a fire in the fireplace, a stocked refrigerator, chocolate chip cookies baking, my family together watching hockey.

Honest.

I sure do miss those days........

Honest.

That was beautiful.

The perfect weather day.

Wake up and it is sunny and warm. You can smell the rain from the night before.

It gradually keeps getting warmer as you head to the beach or a picnic.

You get that final swim in right before dinner time and it's still warm.

During dinner you get that nice breeze off of the lake.

Cools off enough to make the camp fire effective.

Heading to bed to the sounds of a major thunderstorm and heavy rain.

Wake up the next day and start all over again.

Archived