A Player Per Day: No. 21: Drew Stafford

Eleven

45 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

Early morning meetings tomorrow mean early posting of the poll tonight.

A fact from wikipedia: "He started playing hockey at an early age and played for the Waukesha Warhawks in Waukesha, Wisconsin, playing with local area legends Todd Rose and Damian Carrasco-Zanini."

Now, if Todd Rose and Damian whatshisname didn't insert that into the bio, who did?

Have fun, mouse potatoes.

The mouse potatoes line really stuck, didn't it? Told a lot about the guy. I forget the exact context of the comment, but I think he had been in a slump and had that comment saved up for his critics.

I look at Drew Stafford as the poster child for this teams inability to develop it's own young talent. We are constantly told how important it is. Shouldn't they be better at it? I see Stafford, Butler and Sekera heading down that same road as Kalinin, Kotalik, Max, Pialle and MacArthur.

ortant it is. Shouldn't they be better at it? I see Stafford, Butler and Sekera heading down that same road as Kalinin, Kotalik, Max, Pialle and MacArthur.

until these stiffs do something outside of buffalo, i wouldn't be so quick to blame "the system."

The most frustrating thing about Stafford is that he has the size and skill to be a prototypical power forward at the NHL level who could easily score 30+ goals a year as evidenced by some of his highlight reel goals over the last few years. He also has the size to be physical and be great in the corner battling for the puck. This past season, he also showed that he can do all right in the fisticuffs department.

Alas...all for naught.

PS One thing concerns me about dumping him. Supposedly he is good friends with Miller and I wonder what impact trading him would have on Miller, who in the past has been known to have a fragile psyche.

I thought "mouse potatoes" was funny and kind of clever. I like that he's in a band and actually has a personality. I just wish he would skate harder. It just makes me wonder what any of these players' motivation is lately. It certainly doesn't seem to be Lindy. Maybe we really do need that mythical 1st line center everyone is talking about these days for them to live up to their potential. I'm just tired of seeing another kid go down that same road of apathy that we've seen too many times before.

The most frustrating thing about Stafford is that he has the size and skill to be a prototypical power forward at the NHL level who could easily score 30+ goals a year as evidenced by some of his highlight reel goals over the last few years. He also has the size to be physical and be great in the corner battling for the puck. This past season, he also showed that he can do all right in the fisticuffs department.

Alas...all for naught.

PS One thing concerns me about dumping him. Supposedly he is good friends with Miller and I wonder what impact trading him would have on Miller, who in the past has been known to have a fragile psyche.

The way Miller's been calling out teammates left and right the second half of the season, I can't imagine he wouldn't understand why/if Stafford was sent packing.

I thought "mouse potatoes" was funny and kind of clever.

really? dude didn't make that phrase up. he likely learned it while administering an atomic wedgy to some hapless computer lab geek in high school.

I like that he's in a band and actually has a personality.

oh, he's got a personality, all right.

post-760-12731529960055_thumb.jpg

really? dude didn't make that phrase up. he likely learned it while administering an atomic wedgy to some hapless computer lab geek in high school.

oh, he's got a personality, all right.

post-760-12731529960055_thumb.jpg

If he was scoring 40 goals a year you wouldn't care.

The way Miller's been calling out teammates left and right the second half of the season, I can't imagine he wouldn't understand why/if Stafford was sent packing.

He really backed off the criticism in the days after the season ended. His petulant postgame remarks make him look like the fragile little kid.

He really backed off the criticism in the days after the season ended. His petulant postgame remarks make him look like the fragile little kid.

Miller's or Stafford's? Miller definitely backed off, but his quote in this article makes it clear he doesn't think he was at fault:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-sabreswrapup

Get rid of him.... hmmm yep, get rid of him... to buys quaffing his hair and trying to get his girly friends through security. P.S. He is not 6'2", he is as tall as Pat Kaleta...

I am done with his no effort and what burns me is that he has some talent but must have taken lessons from TC on how to not be tough. Bye... Bye!

Archived