LQ, DR and Lindy

Mbossy

16 members have voted

1. 1. How long for the objective review?

And the Sabres really do exude cheapness, don't they? Love the bedsheet on the wall.

:lol:

They must have borrowed it from the window of some run-down 50-year-old mobile home down in Cattaraugus County.

I, for one, LOVE the fact that Ruff said the reason he keeps coming back is because "I want to win the Cup IN BUFFALO". I'll take him coaching here for the next 20 years just so I can experience that moment.....

What else would he say "the cash baby, the cash."

Another wasted hour in Sabres history. Sixty minutes hearing how hard it is to do anything. Laying the ground work for another meaningless off-season. <_<

Another wasted hour in Sabres history. Sixty minutes hearing how hard it is to do anything. Laying the ground work for another meaningless off-season. <_<

We know you've seen this team through thick and thin. However, wouldn't you just love to see them prove you wrong, for once?

We know you've seen this team through thick and thin. However, wouldn't you just love to see them prove you wrong, for once?

The first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem. This franchise refuses to admit it has a problem. Why expect Quinn, Regier or Ruff to change so dramatically in one off-season enough to make a significant difference? They think they are doing a fine job and nothing will change that.

Quinn said that he'll be working on extending Lindy and Darcy this summer. Also that he had talked with Lindy during the season that they wanted him back and Lindy said yes. They just had to wait for the season and the contract to end before they made the extension public.

Is it really too much to ask OSP to put in a token appearance? Just a few sentences, no questions, then turn it over to the 3 amigos? I know Quinn is his mouthpiece, but I'd like to hear something from the boss man.

Does anyone know if he was at any of the 3 playoff games?

Is it really too much to ask OSP to put in a token appearance? Just a few sentences, no questions, then turn it over to the 3 amigos? I know Quinn is his mouthpiece, but I'd like to hear something from the boss man.

Does anyone know if he was at any of the 3 playoff games?

I don't know enough of the owners out there to know the answer, but how many make those appearances for the team? The obvious ones like Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban (and unfortunately Ralph) come to mind, but it seems like far more prefer to linger in obscurity.

I, for one, LOVE the fact that Ruff said the reason he keeps coming back is because "I want to win the Cup IN BUFFALO". I'll take him coaching here for the next 20 years just so I can experience that moment.....

Maybe that creates too much pressure?

All coaches want to win the Stanley Cup.

The moment for you is going to be about seeing Lindy win a Cup?

Darcy reminds me of the little bald dude in the Dilbert strip who gets away with doing no work.

Bucky asked Darcy is he would be active in the trade market this summer. Darcy's response was classic: "I will try to be busy."

DeLuca, you must have loved the explanation about how tough it is to address the Sabres' deficiencies at center. If we can find a center, Darcy said, "we'll probably try to acquire" him. Darcy thinks that elusive number one center can only be had if you're really bad and get the top pick.

I might have missed it, but in response to the Torres failed experiment, did Lindy chime in at all on the subject or just DR? Wouldn't the head coach have some insight as to why it didn't work out at all?

Lindy didn't say anything.

Maybe that creates too much pressure?

All coaches want to win the Stanley Cup.

The moment for you is going to be about seeing Lindy win a Cup?

No, the moment for me is when the whole city can enjoy it after so many years of failure. It was how Ruff said what he did - not what he said. He made it very obvious that not only did he want to win a cup but he wanted it to be IN BUFFALO.

Enjoy the freakin' team for once because none of us have any say on who stays or who goes. Bring on 2010 season because I'll have just as much fun as I do every year.

His silence speaks volumes. Sounds like a classic case of coach and player not on the same page whatsoever.

I think it shows some respect for Torres. It didn't work, fine. He shouldn't go dissin' the guy. He's a free agent this year, he doesn't need his last coach or GM calling him names and blaming him for whatever.

No, the moment for me is when the whole city can enjoy it after so many years of failure. It was how Ruff said what he did - not what he said. He made it very obvious that not only did he want to win a cup but he wanted it to be IN BUFFALO.

Enjoy the freakin' team for once because none of us have any say on who stays or who goes. Bring on 2010 season because I'll have just as much fun as I do every year.

I think the fans have a big say. The support of the team on many levels provides the cover for maintaining status quo. When that support dwindles -- when LQ and OSP get hit where it hurts -- change will come.

I guess I misinterpreted your comment: "I'll take him coaching here for the next 20 years just so I can experience that moment..... "

It sounds like you're saying you don't care if Lindy fails to win a Cup the next 19 years. The 20th year will be the payoff, because it will come with Lindy behind the bench. I don't get that. This has nothing to do with Lindy's dream of winning a Cup for Buffalo. It's nice that he feels that way, but you do what gives you the best chance to win. If that's some mercenary who wants to win a Cup for himself and his career, fine.

20 more years? The idea of watching Lindy coach the Sabres when I am in my 100s frightens me.

Archived