I would not be shocked to see Lindy Ruff leave this team

navybillsfan

Management does not care about winning. Only filling seats and we are dumb to pump money into this bull year after year. ZERO help at the trade deadline. Same ole same ole.... Yeah, we made the playoffs, so what. We are not better or cant hang with the big boys. ######, we just lost to Boston.

If Lindy was smart, he would go off on his own. See what he really can do without his arms tied every year

Management does not care about winning. Only filling seats and we are dumb to pump money into this bull year after year. ZERO help at the trade deadline. Same ole same ole.... Yeah, we made the playoffs, so what. We are not better or cant hang with the big boys. ######, we just lost to Boston.

If Lindy was smart, he would go off on his own. See what he really can do without his arms tied every year

Zero help at the deadline? Raffi Torres ring a bell? The guy who scored 19 goals for Columbus, but went from 1st line to 4th line to benched in the playoffs? Why bring in players when Ruff can't figure out how to use them?

What I want to know from all of the people who want him gone is who would you replace him with? One name I bet surfaces if he does indeed leave would be Randy Cunneyworth.

It's Regier's job to find his replacement, not mine. Are you trying to say that there aren't some bright young coaches out there in the hockey ranks somewhere?

It's Regier's job to find his replacement, not mine. Are you trying to say that there aren't some bright young coaches out there in the hockey ranks somewhere?

I didn't want to make it sound like I'm a Ruff supporter. I think it's time. I'm just curious as to what names people would either like to see or think are serious possibilities. Speculation is what the internet is all about.

I didn't want to make it sound like I'm a Ruff supporter. I think it's time. I'm just curious as to what names people would either like to see or think are serious possibilities. Speculation is what the internet is all about.

Is it my imagination or are coaches getting younger and younger? At 50 or whatever, Ruff has to seem ancient to these kids. Consider recent Cup coaches -- Labialette, Babcock, Bylsma.

Is it my imagination or are coaches getting younger and younger? At 50 or whatever, Ruff has to seem ancient to these kids. Consider recent Cup coaches -- Labialette, Babcock, Bylsma.

I'd hate to break it to you, but Peter LaPurple is 46 and Babcock's 47. Bylsma's about to turn 40, so I'll give you that one.

I misunderstood.

Reality in my mind is that Darcy has stuck with his players and made Ruff deal with it..When Darcy has given him players who can score he for some reason retards there ability( Sanderson, Juneau,) to name a few....For some reason when Ruff has a offensive type player he ruins them..Roy has regressed as has Conoly, Satan went south, as did Sanderson and a few others I am having a hard time remembering at this point...These two(ruff, Regier) Seem to have grown apart when certain type players have been brought in and Regier seems to have stopped trying to bring those players in..I remember the trade that brought Dumont and Gilmour here, the trade that brought Brierre here. htey were moves of genious.. This front office has been retarded by ownership and maybe they need to be removed and replaced..There are a few good young players that can be built upon..BUt the "core" really needs to be broken up..Roy, Pominville, Gaustad, Connoly etc had theyre chance and they pretty much all ran and hid for the most part... It was funny to see Gerbe and Ennis getting key playing time..And why the F wasnt Kaleta getting more ice time..He was a force.....I am confused......Dont really know where this team goes from here besides Miller Myers Ennis and KAleta I could care about any one else on the roster..

Ugh. Enough with the 'management does not care, only want to fill seats, money, money, blah, blah'. That was the LAST ownership group, you know, the ones currently in jail. This group cares, they're just not getting it done.

I'm a Lindy supporter. I don't think the blame rests at his feet. But I can be convinced that it's time for him to go, IF a good candidate is named to replace him. The thing I worry about is a repeat of the Bills scenario, where Wade Phillips wasn't getting it done, but still had a good record...and...well, you all know the rest.

I will support a new coach in place of Ruff...but it better be a good one. 'Cause I'll take 10 more years of Lindy Ruff than 10 years of no-playoffs with a new schmuck every 2-3 years.

He had a couple chances to leave when his contracts ended...

I understand that but he has a helluva goalie to build on and he Knew it, I didnt think he was all that but he definatly showed it..Ruff rode Hasek to the brink of a cup and I kinda think he thought he had the same type in Miller..The only difference so far is the surrounding cast.There is no Peca type leader on this team..There are no go to players in the clutch. There is no one you can bank on to win a key faceoff..Basically besides a few good young players and Miller this team is void of quality players who play like they give a crap..

As I've said before, I'm fine with Lindy going, but Darcy better be going, too. Why would Darcy deserve a 13th season? If you're going to make that big move, clear them both out.

I really dont want to see Ruff go..I would rather see us bring a GM that knows what type of players can bring it when it counts...I am Fine wwith Ruff....

Reality in my mind is that Darcy has stuck with his players and made Ruff deal with it..When Darcy has given him players who can score he for some reason retards there ability( Sanderson, Juneau,) to name a few....For some reason when Ruff has a offensive type player he ruins them..Roy has regressed as has Conoly, Satan went south, as did Sanderson and a few others I am having a hard time remembering at this point...These two(ruff, Regier) Seem to have grown apart when certain type players have been brought in and Regier seems to have stopped trying to bring those players in..I remember the trade that brought Dumont and Gilmour here, the trade that brought Brierre here. htey were moves of genious.. This front office has been retarded by ownership and maybe they need to be removed and replaced..There are a few good young players that can be built upon..BUt the "core" really needs to be broken up..Roy, Pominville, Gaustad, Connoly etc had theyre chance and they pretty much all ran and hid for the most part... It was funny to see Gerbe and Ennis getting key playing time..And why the F wasnt Kaleta getting more ice time..He was a force.....I am confused......Dont really know where this team goes from here besides Miller Myers Ennis and KAleta I could care about any one else on the roster..

How the frig did "Lindy ruin Sanderson?"

You do realize that when Sanderson came into the league, the goalies were predominantly "stand up, reaction" goalies, right?

You also realize that by the time he got to the Sabres, the goalies were predominantly "butterfly" or "hybrid" goalies, right?

For those keeping up, that means that Sanderson's patented come down the right wing and fire a blast from the top of the faceoff circle would no longer score. That wasn't Lindy's fault. That was Allaire's fault.

How the frig did "Lindy ruin Satan?"

Yes, Ziro scored 8 goals in 12 regular season games for Ted. He then proceeded to score 0 in the 7 playoff games that Ted gave him Ed Ronan's playing time. Which oddly enough was another huge sticking point between Muckler and Ted (Muckler thought Ted should play Ziro, Ted knew he had no heart and wanted no part of him). Ziro had far and away his best seasons as a Sabre under Lindy.

Zhoey Zhuneau was NEVER a goal scorer. Except for the year he was on Oates line and Oates had 97 assists, he never broke 15 goals. (Having Adam feed him he managed to get 32.) Shoot, I probably could have had 15 getting fed by Oates that year. How exactly did Ruff ruin Zhoey?

Connolly, when healthy, is a point per game player. I fail to see where Ruff is messing him up either.

I really dont want to see Ruff go..I would rather see us bring a GM that knows what type of players can bring it when it counts...I am Fine wwith Ruff....

With the size of the Bruins and with Brian Burke running the Leafs, the Sabres better get a whole lot bigger and a whole lot tougher if they're going to succeed in the future.

How the frig did "Lindy ruin Sanderson?"

You do realize that when Sanderson came into the league, the goalies were predominantly "stand up, reaction" goalies, right?

You also realize that by the time he got to the Sabres, the goalies were predominantly "butterfly" or "hybrid" goalies, right?

For those keeping up, that means that Sanderson's patented come down the right wing and fire a blast from the top of the faceoff circle would no longer score. That wasn't Lindy's fault. That was Allaire's fault.

How the frig did "Lindy ruin Satan?"

Yes, Ziro scored 8 goals in 12 regular season games for Ted. He then proceeded to score 0 in the 7 playoff games that Ted gave him Ed Ronan's playing time. Which oddly enough was another huge sticking point between Muckler and Ted (Muckler thought Ted should play Ziro, Ted knew he had no heart and wanted no part of him). Ziro had far and away his best seasons as a Sabre under Lindy.

Zhoey Zhuneau was NEVER a goal scorer. Except for the year he was on Oates line and Oates had 97 assists, he never broke 15 goals. (Having Adam feed him he managed to get 32.) Shoot, I probably could have had 15 getting fed by Oates that year. How exactly did Ruff ruin Zhoey?

Connolly, when healthy, is a point per game player. I fail to see where Ruff is messing him up either.

My point is that when our Gm gave Lindy a goal scorer he made him play a two way defensive system they werent use to playing..He might not have ruined them but he sure as ###### didnt let them play to there strengths..I dont disagree with that or agree with it but why get a goal scoreer or a playmakeer if your coach isnt gonna let them play to theyre strengths..Dont waste the trade...Sanderson bitched the whole time he was here about not being able to play his game..I didnt llike Satans play either and I sure as ###### dont like the way Connoly turned out..But why stick any money or players into getting them or keeping them???? Listen I am pissed right now, I am torn between many thoughts so maybe I am not making any sense at all but I do see this that our Front office and our coach are miles apart in the way they play theyre game....Something has to give.....

So if Ruff is stiffling these amazing scorers and stars in his "system", how do you explain guys like Briere, Drury, and Campbell being All Stars in buffalo, and then becoming overpaid no bodys when they leave?

Joe Juneau? Sanderson? Satan? what have these guys done in the league with or without Ruff as a coach? Did anyone know Satan even played for Boston until this series?

My point is that when our Gm gave Lindy a goal scorer he made him play a two way defensive system they werent use to playing..He might not have ruined them but he sure as ###### didnt let them play to there strengths..I dont disagree with that or agree with it but why get a goal scoreer or a playmakeer if your coach isnt gonna let them play to theyre strengths..Dont waste the trade...Sanderson bitched the whole time he was here about not being able to play his game..I didnt llike Satans play either and I sure as ###### dont like the way Connoly turned out..But why stick any money or players into getting them or keeping them???? Listen I am pissed right now, I am torn between many thoughts so maybe I am not making any sense at all but I do see this that our Front office and our coach are miles apart in the way they play theyre game....Something has to give.....

Sanderson scored all of 7 goals in 49 games prior to coming to Buffalo in '98. His problem w/ Lindy wasn't that he had to play defensively, it was that he was rarely on the top line. He had little to no production in '97-'98 prior to coming to Buffalo. Was the lack of production in Carolina and Vancouver Ruff's fault as well? While he was rarely on Ruff's top line, he never earned getting put on it, and that on a team w/ pretty much NO goal scoring.

What didn't you like about Ziro's play? The 40 goal season, or the absolute refusal to go to the net to get the "hard" goal? I could be mistaken, but my guess is that Lindy was as frustrated w/ the lack of desire (for lack of a better word) as the fans were.

Archived