I would not be shocked to see Lindy Ruff leave this team

navybillsfan

Ugh. Enough with the 'management does not care, only want to fill seats, money, money, blah, blah'. That was the LAST ownership group, you know, the ones currently in jail. This group cares, they're just not getting it done.

I'm a Lindy supporter. I don't think the blame rests at his feet. But I can be convinced that it's time for him to go, IF a good candidate is named to replace him. The thing I worry about is a repeat of the Bills scenario, where Wade Phillips wasn't getting it done, but still had a good record...and...well, you all know the rest.

I will support a new coach in place of Ruff...but it better be a good one. 'Cause I'll take 10 more years of Lindy Ruff than 10 years of no-playoffs with a new schmuck every 2-3 years.

I always enjoy these blah blah blah replies. If you took time out from paint sniffing, the last ownership took this team to the cup once and always went after top players during trade times. Show me what Tommy G has done for you...

Yeah Satan was a good player when we had no great stars in the team beside hasek of course. I use to like him and i remember after his goals he was always doing a celebration like one time he score and he start rolling on the ice or who can't remember the time he score then he act like he was talking on the phone with the G.M. saying he got traded :D because of him my favorite number now is 81 and twice he score the gwg in this serie against his former team

I always enjoy these blah blah blah replies. If you took time out from paint sniffing, the last ownership took this team to the cup once and always went after top players during trade times. Show me what Tommy G has done for you...

You're calling ME the paint sniffer and praising the group who are in jail for fraud, and who nearly cost Buffalo its hockey franchise at the same time? :blink:

Sanderson scored all of 7 goals in 49 games prior to coming to Buffalo in '98. His problem w/ Lindy wasn't that he had to play defensively, it was that he was rarely on the top line. He had little to no production in '97-'98 prior to coming to Buffalo. Was the lack of production in Carolina and Vancouver Ruff's fault as well? While he was rarely on Ruff's top line, he never earned getting put on it, and that on a team w/ pretty much NO goal scoring.

What didn't you like about Ziro's play? The 40 goal season, or the absolute refusal to go to the net to get the "hard" goal? I could be mistaken, but my guess is that Lindy was as frustrated w/ the lack of desire (for lack of a better word) as the fans were.

We can cry about this team all we want..All we really want is at some time for this team to win the Cup..I really dont care who is the GM or who the ###### is the coach..I am sick of the excuses..Teams raiding our players... Bad economic times.. we cant sign our players to the right contracts etc..Freaking Carolina and Tampa Bay have won the cup before us..What more needs to be said..Quit making excuses, get the right people in here to do the job.. It really shouldnt be as hard as our franchise is making it out to be..MY GOD....Enuff of the bs..Just do it....

At this rate a team from San Antonio is gonna win the cup before us..WTF..GEt the right players in here to do the damn job..I dont care about "core" players or were building this team the right way..How bout just winning the cup regardless..We had the best goalie of all time on this team..What more needs to be done..Maybe instead of making our captian sit for a year we couldve signed him and made something out of a season..Maybe we couldve locked up Briere Dumont Drury Mckee grier and added to them instead of making excuses....Lets stop giving these jerks excuses... Make them do the right thing..They wont do it on theyre own..So drink the koolaid and buy your season tix again and keep believing...

So if Ruff is stiffling these amazing scorers and stars in his "system", how do you explain guys like Briere, Drury, and Campbell being All Stars in buffalo, and then becoming overpaid no bodys when they leave?

Joe Juneau? Sanderson? Satan? what have these guys done in the league with or without Ruff as a coach? Did anyone know Satan even played for Boston until this series?

Both have a cup. That's what they did.

It's a team sport; bad players have their names on the Cup. Satan did more in this series than he did to help Pittsburgh win it last year. He was in the minors at the end of the season and didn't get called up until game 5 of the second round.

It's a team sport; bad players have their names on the Cup. Satan did more in this series than he did to help Pittsburgh win it last year. He was in the minors at the end of the season and didn't get called up until game 5 of the second round.

I'm not wrong, though. And goal scorers are told to play defense by Lindy Ruff.

For the record, Satan was/is not a bad player.

When did Juneau play on a Cup winner? Unless I am missing something in his bio I don't see it.

EDIT: Never mind. Missed the Caps cup in 97-98. Trying to block that one out I think.

You're calling ME the paint sniffer and praising the group who are in jail for fraud, and who nearly cost Buffalo its hockey franchise at the same time? :blink:

No man, not at all. Im saying that they did more to try and win than TG is doing with this team. There are rumors out there that he is trying to sell the Sabres. I want for once to win a championship for this city and the fans. We are the best damn fans in football and hockey. I dont think we will see the Bills ever do anything but the Sabres could if this owner would pull his head out of his ###### and do something about it.

Im just tired I guess. Sorry about the comment.

When did Juneau play on a Cup winner? Unless I am missing something in his bio I don't see it.

EDIT: Never mind. Missed the Caps cup in 97-98. Trying to block that one out I think.

You can tell its late, or that I am really losing it. Caps didn't win the Cup that year (haven't won one yet) and Juneau (as far as I can tell) was not on a Cup-winning roster for Montreal or Boston. So no Cup for him, unless I am again missing something.

You can tell its late, or that I am really losing it. Caps didn't win the Cup that year (haven't won one yet) and Juneau (as far as I can tell) was not on a Cup-winning roster for Montreal or Boston. So no Cup for him, unless I am again missing something.

No, you are right. He never won a cup. For the life of me I think of who I was thinking of.

It still doesn't change the fact that I want Ruff gone.

No man, not at all. Im saying that they did more to try and win than TG is doing with this team. There are rumors out there that he is trying to sell the Sabres. I want for once to win a championship for this city and the fans. We are the best damn fans in football and hockey. I dont think we will see the Bills ever do anything but the Sabres could if this owner would pull his head out of his ###### and do something about it.

Im just tired I guess. Sorry about the comment.

It's okay, after tonight, I get the frustration, I do. And Golisano is not a perfect owner by any means. He really helped screw up the Drury-Briere-Campbell stuff (even if they've all declined since leaving).

But just so you know, here are the cap figures for the team, followed by the cap limit for the league, since the lockout:

05-06 / 28.5 million / 39.0 million

06-07 / 39.9 million / 44.0 million

07-08 / 45.0 million / 50.3 million

08-09 / 50.6 million / 56.7 million

09-10 / 56.0 million / 56.8 million

What I see when looking at those numbers isn't an owner who isn't paying out. The salary cap has gone up every year, and he's gone up with it. They don't spend all the way to the cap (except this year), but they come pretty close. And when it does come to trades or free agency, the Rigases weren't calling the shots there. That was Muckler or Darcy. You can say that they paid for them...but it's not like Golisano isn't. Darcy just doesn't believe in big trades. That's a management style...which is certainly fair game for critique.

I guess I just don't agree with the logic that Golisano could care less. I see effort and the willingness to pay...the game plan's just not working out. The 'style' of building from within and signing our core isn't working.

It's okay, after tonight, I get the frustration, I do. And Golisano is not a perfect owner by any means. He really helped screw up the Drury-Briere-Campbell stuff (even if they've all declined since leaving).

But just so you know, here are the cap figures for the team, followed by the cap limit for the league, since the lockout:

05-06 / 28.5 million / 39.0 million

06-07 / 39.9 million / 44.0 million

07-08 / 45.0 million / 50.3 million

08-09 / 50.6 million / 56.7 million

09-10 / 56.0 million / 56.8 million

What I see when looking at those numbers isn't an owner who isn't paying out. The salary cap has gone up every year, and he's gone up with it. They don't spend all the way to the cap (except this year), but they come pretty close. And when it does come to trades or free agency, the Rigases weren't calling the shots there. That was Muckler or Darcy. You can say that they paid for them...but it's not like Golisano isn't. Darcy just doesn't believe in big trades. That's a management style...which is certainly fair game for critique.

I guess I just don't agree with the logic that Golisano could care less. I see effort and the willingness to pay...the game plan's just not working out. The 'style' of building from within and signing our core isn't working.

Define "working." I bet Golisano and Quinn think things are working to perfection.

Management does not care about winning. Only filling seats and we are dumb to pump money into this bull year after year. ZERO help at the trade deadline. Same ole same ole.... Yeah, we made the playoffs, so what. We are not better or cant hang with the big boys. ######, we just lost to Boston.

If Lindy was smart, he would go off on his own. See what he really can do without his arms tied every year

I've been a Lindy supporter, and I don't agree with a lot of sentiment I sometimes read on this Board, but I must say that whether by his own accord or by force, I think Lindy leaving the Sabres now makes sense even to folks like me. Buffalo is not going to start to act big-market all of a sudden. It might be time to see if a different approach can deliver more on the Sabres business model. I still think Lindy is a smart hockey man... but maybe the time has come for a change in Buffalo.

Management does not care about winning. Only filling seats and we are dumb to pump money into this bull year after year. ZERO help at the trade deadline. Same ole same ole.... Yeah, we made the playoffs, so what. We are not better or cant hang with the big boys. ######, we just lost to Boston.

If Lindy was smart, he would go off on his own. See what he really can do without his arms tied every year

Let's all take a step back from the edge for a second. Not sure you realize but Golisano is building a business, nothing new, but what I mean is he is in it for the long term. That trickles down. Darcy and Lindy are here for the long term. Example: Last off-season they realized they needed to address their size and toughness, so what did they do??? I'll tell you what they didn't do: Go out and sign some big, tough veterans who could make this team instantly better and help our youth and Make a RUN at the Cup.

What they did do: DRAFT 5 guys all over 6 feet tall and most over 200lbs. What does that say?? Long term!

What was their goal all year??? Make the playoffs! They basically achieved their goal on and off the ice and their business model is very sound. So, c'mon get a clue if you think anyone is leaving in the front office.

What really bugs me is from day one or %^I*&k, day one from this franchise. How do they get away with a goal of: making the playoffs??? "Let's just make it back to the playoffs...hey anything can happen in the playoffs, right?" Well, I say HORSE-S%#$%!!!! Do you really think teams like Detroit talk about making the playoffs. Do you ever think they had that goal.......Damn, all anyone talked about the whole off-season was how if we had just one one or two more games, we would have made the playoffs. We need new goals!!!

He's not going anywhere.

Let's all take a step back from the edge for a second. Not sure you realize but Golisano is building a business, nothing new, but what I mean is he is in it for the long term. That trickles down. Darcy and Lindy are here for the long term. Example: Last off-season they realized they needed to address their size and toughness, so what did they do??? I'll tell you what they didn't do: Go out and sign some big, tough veterans who could make this team instantly better and help our youth and Make a RUN at the Cup.

What they did do: DRAFT 5 guys all over 6 feet tall and most over 200lbs. What does that say?? Long term!

What was their goal all year??? Make the playoffs! They basically achieved their goal on and off the ice and their business model is very sound. So, c'mon get a clue if you think anyone is leaving in the front office.

What really bugs me is from day one or %^I*&k, day one from this franchise. How do they get away with a goal of: making the playoffs??? "Let's just make it back to the playoffs...hey anything can happen in the playoffs, right?" Well, I say HORSE-S%#$%!!!! Do you really think teams like Detroit talk about making the playoffs. Do you ever think they had that goal.......Damn, all anyone talked about the whole off-season was how if we had just one one or two more games, we would have made the playoffs. We need new goals!!!

All well and good, but if the offense remains reliant on Roy, Connolly and Pominville, the supporting cast could all be 6'6 and it wouldn't matter a damn thing.

I hope Lindy does leave. I beg it to happen, and take Regier with him.

I have had enough, either Ruff and Regier are gone or I as a fan am gone, its that simple. 12 seasons with no championship, bye bye now.

Can the admins just make a rule that if someone makes a threat to leave, we just shut them out?

Becuase obvioulsly they don't really have the stones to do it themselves, they just cry......and say bye bye, But they won't really leave. Please just go already. b-by! :beer:

Can the admins just make a rule that if someone makes a threat to leave, we just shut them out?

Becuase obvioulsly they don't really have the stones to do it themselves, they just cry......and say bye bye, But they won't really leave. Please just go already. b-by! :beer:

I gotta say, that's a pretty strong eleventh post. :thumbsup:

While I was disapointed with the loss, it also came as a relief. It was apparant after game two that the if the Sabres were lucky enough to win this series,they would probably get smoked in round two. This team was not ready for a tough, phyical series, mentally or phyically. Where does the blame for that lay? Lindy has served this team well, overacheiving with lesser players many times; but as any coach (or player) will tell you, there's a shelf life on coaches.The message gets old, players tune you out and the team doesn't respond. It's time for some new blood. This team also needs to get bigger,tougher and more accountable. Was Regier bringing in players that Ruff wanted,and will we be seeing new players with a new coach? Or is it time for Darcy to go too? I hope this team honestly evaluates what direction it wants to go in this off-season, and makes the changes it deems necessary. The front office has been too passive in the past.

Whats the matter, mommy didn't change your daiper, so you can't handle the criticism of a team 12 years without a championship under the same management.

Can the admins just make a rule that if someone backs inept leadership we just shut them out?

Because obviously they don't really have a clue as to what they speak on, they just defend the status quo over and over and attempt to blow their egos out over any type of change.

Please just see reality already. School doesn't let out for you, does it now? b-by :beer: :beer: :beer:

Can the admins just make a rule that if someone backs inept leadership we just shut them out?

Because obviously they don't really have a clue as to what they speak on, they just defend the status quo over and over and attempt to blow their egos out over any type of change.

Please just see reality already. School doesn't let out for you, does it now? b-by :beer: :beer: :beer:

Only if the same holds true for those who suggest we should replace our coaching staff with the French Connection and our GM with Pat LaFontaine.

Archived