GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Ok dude, I love your "enthusiasm" but, I have a bleeding throat from screaming during that game. FU for criticizing the crowd [me] while you sit on the sideline. Not like I let in 5 goals today, or only scored 3.

THANK YOU. That place was rocking today, even while the Sabres were losing. But hey, a TV in Bradford must tell you more about the crowd than being there, right?

Good thing DD said it, because you didn't!

Oh yeah, his knee was in the way! Your honor, my client didn't rape that woman, he just fell on her ######. Wow, get a grip.

I don't think anyone suggested the thought process went like that. Nice strawman. The thought process certainly for the Bruins coming into the series was that they could take liberties on the Sabres' top player. The rep is out all over the league. He had the chance, he did it -- and Vanek knee buckled in in a grotesque way. If his right knee didn't get hurt, he has some very flexible ligaments. I'd like to hear you explain how a stick coming DOWN on someone's leg caused that reaction.

And the ref, watching it, called a phantom hook.

I said it was a slash, so your analogy doesn't hold. However, I also think he was trying to prevent the shot by trying to come down on his stick - not his leg.

Last year the Sabres play the Sens and the Sens showed everyone how soft the Sabres were and ran Miller all night. A week or so later Gomez, taking his inspiration from the Sens effort, ends the Sabres playoff hopes by running Miller.

This season? The Sens rough up the Sabres again. This time they tried to take Vanek out with a slash to his legs. What happens today? The Bruins slash Vanek's legs out from under him and take him out of the game if not longer.

The 1st paragraph was explicit, the 2nd was implicit.

and he hurt his left leg... unless he decided to skate off with his good leg in the air and you hurt one on the ice.

So what? Can't you see what that slash did to his right knee? Don't think I've seen that in a lot of years of watching the Sabres.

Are you trying to downplay the slash? The only reason he slides into the boards and apparently injures his other leg is because of the slash!

yes, it caused his leg to move and he fell. I took a lot of physics in college. I have also ice skated before... and have been slashed.

I am trying to analyze the play objectively, not feed a personal crusade.

yes, it caused his leg to move and he fell. I took a lot of physics in college. I have also ice skated before... and have been slashed.

I am trying to analyze the play objectively, not feed a personal crusade.

NHL? If not, shut the ###### up.

WHOA!!!!!

Everyone needs to chill the F out.....

It's 1-1

If by some miracle these guys go deep....you'll never make it. You'll be beating wives, dogs....not going to work....

I'm all for being a smartalec, but guys here are uncharacteristicaly going at each other.

Maybe spndchz can calm you all down with a webcam show.

THANK YOU. That place was rocking today, even while the Sabres were losing. But hey, a TV in Bradford must tell you more about the crowd than being there, right?

Perception is reality. There's not a hockey fan in the world who watched that game on TV and said, "Wow is that crowd rocking."

I shouldn't have written that the crowd "went back to sucking." I'm sure it was louder today than for a regular season game. But it sure sounded quieter than Game 1. Fewer LGB chants that made their way onto TV, let's put it that way.

WHOA!!!!!

Everyone needs to chill the F out.....

It's 1-1

If by some miracle these guys go deep....you'll never make it. You'll be beating wives, dogs....not going to work....

I'm all for being a smartalec, but guys here are uncharacteristicaly going at each other.

Maybe spndchz can calm you all down with a webcam show.

"Ghost of Dwight Drane appeals for calm"

And other unlikely headlines.

Wasn't able to post during the game, but I'm catching up on the discussion now, and it's very surprising to me.

I remember a pretty happy board, with a few constructive caveats for the 2nd period, after Game 1 (and that includes the usual naysayers). Now it's raining 'disaster' with Vanek's injury...Miller's sounding like a 'fragile little kid'...and the 'toughness' of the team. Eball said it already - each team has won 3 periods, and 1 game each! Why is the sky falling, PA and DeLuca? Is the series over? Have the Sabres folded and phoned it in already? Your responses say much more about your attitudes as fans than about this team right now. You choose only to look at the negative side, and to not have faith in anyone on the team or on the coaching staff with comments like:

All they have to do is keep to the formula and the Sabres may not have a chance in this series. The only hope is that Lindy Ruff has some drill or some film work scheduled to instill some heart and intensity into this roster.

The slash on Vanek in the Ottawa game was another one Swamp said was no big deal, seen 100 times a game. Sabres might have Swamp's mindset.

Oh yeah, the crowd went back to sucking again today.

There's criticism and then there's nihilism, and after ONE FRIGGIN' LOSS, you've thrown the team to the wolves.

Perception is reality. There's not a hockey fan in the world who watched that game on TV and said, "Wow is that crowd rocking."

I shouldn't have written that the crowd "went back to sucking." I'm sure it was louder today than for a regular season game. But it sure sounded quieter than Game 1. Fewer LGB chants that made their way onto TV, let's put it that way.

I'm a diehard hockey fan and I would say that crowd was rocking. In fact, I did say that to myself when I put the game on, because I was legitimately surprised.

You're just a whiny little bitch. There, I said it.

I think it was. I'm annoyed by people who try to relate their beer league games to the pro game. It's laughable.

No offense, but this is what someone says who has never played the game - beer league or not.

I didn't compare a bodychecking incident, I made a reference to slashing. Unless you can illuminate us on how getting hit with a stick is radically in beer league, the NHL, lacrosse, or in a back alley then you really have no point. It is only ignorance on your part that can't separate the similarities from the differences.

I'm a diehard hockey fan and I would say that crowd was rocking. In fact, I did say that to myself when I put the game on, because I was legitimately surprised.

You're just a whiny little bitch. There, I said it.

I also said it out loud. I could hear maybe 50% of what the NBC announcers said. They were constantly drowned out by the noise.

Um no, it was NOT called for. SDS IS the reason that we are here, end of story.

:thumbsup:

Also, by your logic PA, any comments that you, I, and everyone here make means we all should shut the eff up...because last time I checked, none of us were 'NHL'.

No offense, but this is what someone says who has never played the game - beer league or not.

I didn't compare a bodychecking incident, I made a reference to slashing. Unless you can illuminate us on how getting hit with a stick is radically in beer league, the NHL, lacrosse, or in a back alley then you really have no point. It is only ignorance on your part that can't separate the similarities from the differences.

No sh*t, Scott. I've seen slashes in beer leagues make the chop to Vanek's knee look like a love tap.

GO SABRES!!!

Um no, it was NOT called for. SDS IS the reason that we are here, end of story.

I guess my responding to your post proves that it is indeed anything but the "end of the story."

The Sabres are why we are here. SDS simply provides one over many forums available to Sabre fans. Many of us have been here a long time and enjoy the day to day bantering by the regular group of posters. Though I do not often agree with many of the posters are the board it would not be as enjoyable. SDS should get all the credit for allowing to use his forum. But make no mistake, we are here for our love of the NHL and our home town team. And the story goes on.

This is great reading.It's like half of you are leafs fans and half are sabres fans.Fighting and arguing and forgetting who's side we're all on.There's this thing called agreeing to disagree which kind of makes you more of a man then continuing a fight where there's no disernable way of winning.We can all agree that the sabres have to pick up their game to get through this series and thats about it.I can tell you this with certainty and thats that the sabres are already going through the process of putting this one behind them and looking to the next game and figuring out how to play better and get a win.Dwell on todays game and they'll lose.

Let me guess,,,BROKEN FOOT!!! :death: :death:

I'm going with general body soreness.

Everyone sit down. I am going to say something positive and I don't want anyone to fall down and get hurt.

Maybe, just maybe, a injury like this will be the wake up call this team sorely needs. The only adversity this team has faced all season has been brought on by themselves. They are facing a team that has punched them in the nose and taken their milk money. Maybe a dose of reality will cause this team to get off of the ground and go get it back.

Archived