Sabres-Bruins series all but certain now

PromoTheRobot

The Bruins announcers would like their chances against the 80s Oilers teams. They are insufferable.

They may be insufferable, but they did not like the Bruins' chances against Pittsburgh or Washington. They wanted to see the Bruins play Buffalo.

And how did that work out for them in the 80s against the Oilers, anyway? Not even a power outage could save that team from the inevitable.

They may be insufferable, but they did not like the Bruins' chances against Pittsburgh or Washington. They wanted to see the Bruins play Buffalo.

And how did that work out for them in the 80s against the Oilers, anyway? Not even a power outage could save that team from the inevitable.

Well then go Habs!

Well, the Bruins' announcers seemed to like their chances against Buffalo. It all depends on Rask for them, IMO.

Every team like their chances against Buffalo. Montreal wants to play vs sabres cause they think they can beat them boston think the same thing i'm sure if they could ottawa would like to play against the sabres. Is there any team afraid of sabres????

So, basically, here is the possibilities:

Sabres lose to NJ:

- Will be the #3 Seed and play Boston

Sabres beat NJ, will be the #2 seed and play:

- Philadelphia if they beat New York, either in regulation or OT.

- New York if they beat Philadelphia, either in regulation or OT.

If my thoughts are correct, I don't think there is any way we can play Montreal in the first round, right?. If NY wins, they will be tied with MON in Points and Wins. Next tiebreaker is Goals For, and NY has them beat on that.

Now it is down to the final game as far and Boston or Montreal.... Buffalo loses they play Boston, they win they play Philly if Philly beats NYR in its last game.

Looks like Philly has more wins than Montreal and but not the NYR and if they tie in points who gets the tie breaker between NYR and Montreal... not sure. They would be tied in points. NYR can only get in if they beat Philly tomorrow. Montreal cannot move up. They do not have any more games, but they are in.

So, basically, here is the possibilities:

Sabres lose to NJ:

- Will be the #3 Seed and play Boston

Sabres beat NJ, will be the #2 seed and play:

- Philadelphia if they beat New York, either in regulation or OT.

- New York if they beat Philadelphia, either in regulation or OT.

If my thoughts are correct, I don't think there is any way we can play Montreal in the first round, right?. If NY wins, they will be tied with MON in Points and Wins. Next tiebreaker is Goals For, and NY has them beat on that.

No, next tiebreaker is head to head-Montreal was 3-1 against NYR. Montreal finishes 7th if NYR wins, 8th if Philly wins. Only team we can't play is NYR.

No, next tiebreaker is head to head-Montreal was 3-1 against NYR. Montreal finishes 7th if NYR wins, 8th if Philly wins. Only team we can't play is NYR.

I was wondering about that. Okay, so if the Sabres win it is either Philly or Montreal.

Yep, just caught my error. Good deal. I will be tuned in to that game tomorrow, it should be awesome.

Yeah, Buffalo playing Boston is far from a definitive certainty. If Buffalo wins the game tomorrow against NJ, Buffalo is second and we can't play Boston, b/c Boston is locked into the sixth. If the Rangers win, we play Montreal. If the Goon Squad wins, we play Philly. If we lose, or win in OT or SO, we play Boston. Way to many scenarios for anything to be certain.

That being said, for those who think we won't play well against Boston because of that last game, keep in mind we were down several starters to injury and rest. Miller didn't play, Connolly didn't play, Vanek didn't play. And if you don't think it would have made a difference, check the box score tomorrow on the Ottawa game. I think Miller and Vanek being in the lineup would have made a huge difference against the Bruins. If it is Boston, I say Buff in 6. We beat Philly in 5 or 6 and Montreal in 7. Second round, not so sure.

Well I believe Boston took 4 out of 6 against us so they have to be feeling pretty confident.Rask can be a gamebreaker but so can Miller.This should be a great series.I just can't stand the Boston commentators and their one sided play by play so hopefully I'll be able to get the Buffalo feed.

Archived