Sabres-Bruins series all but certain now

PromoTheRobot

He won't b able to handle the pressure. He'll crack. He's not as mentally prepared as Miller.

Is losing the Gold Medal weighing on Miller's mind? Rask wouldn't be the first rookie goalie to tear it up in the playoffs.

Beating the Bruins is going to take a huge effort and will be no small accomplishment. They are #2 in face-offs and #3 in penalty killing right behind the Sabres. They also had the fourth least amount of turnovers in the league which can negate the Sabres transition game. The Bruins are the more physical team.

This may be the best possible match-up for the Sabres. Not in terms of ease. The Bruins are a physical team that will force the Sabres to step up their physical play. The Sabres will also have to play a smarter brand of hockey than they have for most of the year. Bad penalties and giving up odd man rushes will have the Sabres home early.

Is losing the Gold Medal weighing on Miller's mind? Rask wouldn't be the first rookie goalie to tear it up in the playoffs.

Beating the Bruins is going to take a huge effort and will be no small accomplishment. They are #2 in face-offs and #3 in penalty killing right behind the Sabres. They also had the fourth least amount of turnovers in the league which can negate the Sabres transition game. The Bruins are the more physical team.

This may be the best possible match-up for the Sabres. Not in terms of ease. The Bruins are a physical team that will force the Sabres to step up their physical play. The Sabres will also have to play a smarter brand of hockey than they have for most of the year. Bad penalties and giving up odd man rushes will have the Sabres home early.

Miller's numbers are not brilliant since the Olympics. 2.41 GAA I think. He was well under 2 in October and November. Should have mentioned him as someone who can elevate his game in the playoffs.

Miller's numbers are not brilliant since the Olympics. 2.41 GAA I think. He was well under 2 in October and November. Should have mentioned him as someone who can elevate his game in the playoffs.

If you take out the terrible Atlanta game he's .922 and 2.25 after the Olympic break. 2.14 and .924 before the break

If you take out the terrible Atlanta game he's .922 and 2.25 after the Olympic break. 2.14 and .924 before the break

OK let's take out a few more of his bad games and see what we have. :unsure:

I was pointing out his start to the season vs. his finish.

Here's my 2 cents:

1. The Sabres could easily lose this series.

2. I expect a tight, low-scoring series. Goaltending, limiting mistakes, and capitalizing on infrequent opportunities will be important. If one team does substantially better than the other on the power play, that team will probably win the series.

3. Very glad to see Kaleta back in the lineup yesterday. The Sabres don't play until Thursday so TC and Hecht have more time to rest up.

4. Myers vs. Chara. Awesome.

5. I'd like to see Butler stay in the press box in favor of Sekera. I think Sekera's been better than Butler since the Olympics, and that Rivet plays better without Butler.

6. If TC and Hecht are back for Thursday night, who sits? Ennis, Mair or Ellis? Ennis seems to have tailed off a bit in the last couple of games -- I saw a few rookie mistakes yesterday, for example.

7. The Roy-Vanek-Kennedy line is looking pretty good.

Playoffs!

Here's my 2 cents:

1. The Sabres could easily lose this series.

2. I expect a tight, low-scoring series. Goaltending, limiting mistakes, and capitalizing on infrequent opportunities will be important. If one team does substantially better than the other on the power play, that team will probably win the series.

3. Very glad to see Kaleta back in the lineup yesterday. The Sabres don't play until Thursday so TC and Hecht have more time to rest up.

4. Myers vs. Chara. Awesome.

5. I'd like to see Butler stay in the press box in favor of Sekera. I think Sekera's been better than Butler since the Olympics, and that Rivet plays better without Butler.

6. If TC and Hecht are back for Thursday night, who sits? Ennis, Mair or Ellis? Ennis seems to have tailed off a bit in the last couple of games -- I saw a few rookie mistakes yesterday, for example.

7. The Roy-Vanek-Kennedy line is looking pretty good.

Playoffs!

I would play Ennis instead of Ellis. He plays well at home, not so much away. He really should have put that open netter in yesterday.

Gerbe would be gone first I'd assume.

Archived