Tim Connolly

Rabbit151

All the injuries are setting up beautifully for the end of season press conference where DR/LQ explain that the reason they got bounced in the playoffs were all the injuries. <_<

Hey, but don't you fret none. Darcy's real bueaty of a line is coming directly after the Stanley Cup run is over and FA is in full swing.

"We didn't see anything in FA or a player to trade for that would have helped our team, we are going to build from within"

:thumbsup: :lol:

All the injuries are setting up beautifully for the end of season press conference where DR/LQ explain that the reason they got bounced in the playoffs were all the injuries. <_<

I don't know, it sounds like to me that Vanek should be back by the weekend, Hecht is basically resting for the last couple games, the Tin Man should be back early first round and Kaleta with an outside chance of early first round. Of course I remember when the Tin Man got lit up in the Ottawa series game 2 and Ruff came out and said that there was a chance he'd be back for Game 3. Obviously that was nowhere near the truth.....

it said on NHL network canada all night that he was out for the season. did they mean, regular season, like he's restin,or playoffs too

Heard a rumor that he has a broken bone in his foot. No linkie sorry... not even sure how credible.. so maybe I shouldn't have bothered but figured I would throw it out there.

What's your implication here? Are injuries to key players not relevant to playoff success? Or is it that you know of several trade deadline deals the Sabres should have struck to obtain players who are injury-proof? If you do have such knowledge, that would be worth something.

What's your implication here? Are injuries to key players not relevant to playoff success? Or is it that you know of several trade deadline deals the Sabres should have struck to obtain players who are injury-proof? If you do have such knowledge, that would be worth something.

I am saying that in order to justify bringing back the team as it is currently is made up, which is the status quo for DR(except for outgoing UFA's), it is easier to do when they can come up with an excuse for leaving the team intact.

i.e. We made great strides this year and if it wasn't for an injury or two, we felt that we would have made a deep run. We will continue to grow as a team, the players will get more mature, there will be a comprehensive review in the off-season, if we can find a way to make the team better we will, it's not easy to find trading partners in the NHL, blah, blah, blah...

i.e. We made great strides this year and if it wasn't for an injury or two, we felt that we would have made a deep run. We will continue to grow as a team, the players will get more mature, there will be a comprehensive review in the off-season, if we can find a way to make the team better we will, it's not easy to find trading partners in the NHL, blah, blah, blah...

"...This is a recording.".

it said on NHL network canada all night that he was out for the season. did they mean, regular season, like he's restin,or playoffs too

Yeah, the blurb on screen said "Out for season", but eventually they said verbally that it's regular season. Pissed me off, too.

I am saying that in order to justify bringing back the team as it is currently is made up, which is the status quo for DR(except for outgoing UFA's), it is easier to do when they can come up with an excuse for leaving the team intact.

I realize there is a consensus among many on this board that the Sabres don't "do enough" in FA or through trades to "really" become a competitor for a Cup. I get it. I also realize, though, that this team has performed significantly better than most expected. "It's because of Miller" you say -- well, what organization locked him up and prevented him from departing via free agency? "It's because Myers is such a surprise" you may retort -- well, what organization drafted Mr. Myers?

It just gets old is all...and the players who are currently injured are SIGNIFICANT contributors to the team and keys to postseason success. If they can't play, the team is worse.

I also realize, though, that this team has performed significantly better than most expected.

With 2 games left in a season where Miller has been lights out and will probably win the Vezina, they are 7 points ahead of last years team which was without Miller for 15 games or so due to injury and missed the playoffs.

3 or 4 more wins makes them significantly better?

I am excited for the playoffs and hope for the best, but like I have said in recent posts, I have set the bar low in terms of what I am expecting.

I realize there is a consensus among many on this board that the Sabres don't "do enough" in FA or through trades to "really" become a competitor for a Cup. I get it. I also realize, though, that this team has performed significantly better than most expected. "It's because of Miller" you say -- well, what organization locked him up and prevented him from departing via free agency? "It's because Myers is such a surprise" you may retort -- well, what organization drafted Mr. Myers?

It just gets old is all...and the players who are currently injured are SIGNIFICANT contributors to the team and keys to postseason success. If they can't play, the team is worse.

I have a lot to say about this, but in the name of Solidarity, I'm keeping quiet. I'm joining th S+K crew until the playoffs are over. No matter what I think, there is nothing that can be done about it now. There is only one outcome that doesn't suck so I'm sending all my positive energy to the Sabres.

Heard a rumor that he has a broken bone in his foot. No linkie sorry... not even sure how credible.. so maybe I shouldn't have bothered but figured I would throw it out there.

[/quo

did anyone see when James woods was interviewed a few weeks ago?? He said that he heard earlier in the day that Tim had broke his foot. When is said that Sylvester just quickly changed the subject and nothing else has been mentioned about it. I too Think he has a broken foot and will not be back for the 1st round

I think he tried to play through it for a couple games...I remember him taking the shot off of his foot that they were calling a bruise for a few days, then he was just out. If he could play on it for a game or two then I'd assume he could probably make it back sometime in the first round...

I'm not worried about our injuries, we're going to win the cup. wink.gif

We have 12 guys with 10 or more goals each - the most balanced scoring team in the NHL.

Tyler Ennis is stepping up BIG TIME!

We have the best goalie in the world!

These are only some of the reasons why I will agree with your statement!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

With 2 games left in a season where Miller has been lights out and will probably win the Vezina, they are 7 points ahead of last years team which was without Miller for 15 games or so due to injury and missed the playoffs.

I am excited for the playoffs and hope for the best, but like I have said in recent posts, I have set the bar low in terms of what I am expecting.

It's NOT that the 3 or 4 more wins makes them significantly better! It is that they are more mature, as in, experience is invaluable! And, the best is yet to come!!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

I said "significantly better than most expected." How many folks had Buffalo winning the Northeast? Is there not a legitimate argument that keeping the team basically intact with a couple of blueline additions proved to be a successful strategy? The team still has a chance to finish 2nd in the freaking conference.

I don't think the Sabres are perfect; far from it. I'd love to have a true "gamebreaking" forward out there. I honestly believe, though, that they're better equipped to win a Cup than the 06-07 team was, but having Vanek, Connolly, and Hecht in the lineup are key pieces to that puzzle. If they can't play and the Sabres are bounced early, it doesn't strike me as a "lame" excuse to acknowledge that missing three of your top six forwards would have an impact.

Great post ... I wonder if you'll get p***** on for being optimistic.

Archived