GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

For old times sake

Man that looks nice...

Buffalo: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: New York: :censored: :censored:

It sure does. In fact, it looks like.....

FIRST PLACE!!!!

This game is turning out OK. This is what you want to see from your team at this time of year: stare down the opposition, grab the opponent by the balls and squeeze, squeeze some more, and keep squeezing till there are tears in the opponent's eyes and his knees buckle. If only the Sabres could have done that the past two games. But I'll take this one, just to that that division thing out of the way.

ANOTHER Division crown! Cue the Lindy bashing, or do we get a break from that for tonight?

Dude, let it go. We did what we were supposed to do against ANOTHER TEAM THAT IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Was it a good win?.. Absolutely, but there are still elements to "the system" that are going to be tested against better teams.

Henrik Tallinder should buy Tyler Myers whatever he wants. The kid has resurrected Tallinder's career.

On a side note, Congrats to the Sabres. Say what you will but they just won their division and that is no small feat.

Ryan Miller is the MVP of the NHL>

Myers is the Calder Trophy winner>

Miller is the Vezina winner>

How about Roy and Lydman sticking up for Miller with Shelley???? I had to wipe my eyes. That was so unSabrelike it was beautiful.

Anything can happen in the dance. Let's hope it's a great ride!!!!

Dude, let it go. We did what we were supposed to do against ANOTHER TEAM THAT IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Was it a good win?.. Absolutely, but there are still elements to "the system" that are going to be tested against better teams.

Yes, another team not going to the playoffs, while we enjoy yet another Division crown under Lindy's watch. But hey, throw the baby out with the bathwater and get another coach with a better "system" so we can be one of those teams watching while others take the division.

i'm having a tough time figuring out how we just won the NE, despite the way this season has gone and the way most people have felt about the team this season....that said, you can only play the teams that are on your schedule, and at the end of the day, this team will finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference and that is to be commended.

i hope the crowd picks it back up for the postseason - it seemed like pulling teeth to get that last minute standing-O to congratulate them...

Ennis would have at least 5 points this game if the team had a few more finishers.

This kid is the "real deal" of our system. Honestly, the two Tylers should be locked up for as long as they can get 'em to sign. They are two special kids. Along with Miller, you build.

Henrik Tallinder should buy Tyler Myers whatever he wants. The kid has resurrected Tallinder's career.

On a side note, Congrats to the Sabres. Say what you will but they just won their division and that is no small feat.

Ryan Miller is the MVP of the NHL>

Myers is the Calder Trophy winner>

Miller is the Vezina winner>

How about Roy and Lydman sticking up for Miller with Shelley???? I had to wipe my eyes. That was so unSabrelike it was beautiful.

Anything can happen in the dance. Let's hope it's a great ride!!!!

Don't forget Lindy for coach of the year.

i'm having a tough time figuring out how we just won the NE, despite the way this season has gone and the way most people have felt about the team this season....that said, you can only play the teams that are on your schedule, and at the end of the day, this team will finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference and that is to be commended.

i hope the crowd picks it back up for the postseason - it seemed like pulling teeth to get that last minute standing-O to congratulate them...

I think they can thank Ottawa for a five game slide post Olympic break. If there was ever such a thing as a buzz kill, it was the Olympics to Ottawa. They were on fire heading into the break and gave away the division when they returned.

This kid is the "real deal" of our system. Honestly, the two Tylers should be locked up for as long as they can get 'em to sign. They are two special kids. Along with Miller, you build.

Ink and I called Ennis back during the prospect camp. I'm not surprised he played well. He's got that look to him.

Let's just get a whole team made of players named Tyler. ;)

Yes, another team not going to the playoffs, while we enjoy yet another Division crown under Lindy's watch. But hey, throw the baby out with the bathwater and get another coach with a better "system" so we can be one of those teams watching while others take the division.

:blink:

You know this is only the second time we've won it with Ruff, right?

blink.gif

You know this is only the second time we've won it with Ruff, right?

This could very well be Ruff's best edition.

We take the division with a style of game the rest of the NHL will have a difficult time contending with when the officiating is transparent!

Nine different scorers get at least a point. How do you defend against that?

And then there's Ryan Miller! Buffalo Sabres you got some game here!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Good thing Miller is so flexible. If that's an older goalie, he pulls his hamstring right off the bone when Shelley pushes him down. If that were me, I'da torn my acl or something really bad like that. We got lucky on that play. Could've been a disaster.

Good thing Miller is so flexible. If that's an older goalie, he pulls his hamstring right off the bone when Shelley pushes him down. If that were me, I'da torn my acl or something really bad like that. We got lucky on that play. Could've been a disaster.

Miller and Myers could have been injured tonight so I'm glad to win the division, but allot more glad to get the game over with before something bad happened.

Archived