GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I was at the game last night. The crowd was pretty fired up. Let's Go Buffalo chants during the warm ups, standing O for Miller's blocker save, most people were standing and cheering with a minute to go. Probably didn't see much of that on TV seeing as the 100's and 200's were pretty cleared out with 5 minutes to go.

That's the question. Why would so many people leave on a night when you can clinch the division?

I'll get flamed for this, but it's too funny to pass up. After The Save, MSG cut to the best crowd reaction shot it had, apparently. It's a pretty tight panning shot of maybe 10-15 people. No one is standing, except a teenage boy who is texting. A few are applauding. One guy casually sucks on his beer. Grandpa, not clapping, is sitting next to a little boy who looks like he wants to do something. A 30-something guy jumps up and looks like he wants to fire up his neighbors. He implores them to stand up or cheer or something. A woman looks at him suspiciously. The little boy spreads his hands apart -- HE'S GONNA CLAP! -- looks around with a perplexed look on his face and puts his hands back in his lap.

That's the question. Why would so many people leave on a night when you can clinch the division?

I'll get flamed for this, but it's too funny to pass up. After The Save, MSG cut to the best crowd reaction shot it had, apparently. It's a pretty tight panning shot of maybe 10-15 people. No one is standing, except a teenage who is texting. A few are applauding. One guy casually sucks on his beer. Grandpa is sitting next to a little kid who looks like he wants to do something. A 30-something guy jumps up and looks like he wants to fire up his neighbors. He implores them to stand up or cheer or something. A woman looks at him suspiciously. The little kid spreads his hands apart -- HE'S GONNA CLAP! -- looks around with a perplexed look on his face and puts his hands back in his lap.

Yeah, 10-15 people is a pretty good sample of a 18,000 crowd. :rolleyes:

I'll agree with the texting part. Too many people text'n friends while the games on.

Ennis: Briere is back

Hard not to agree. The move he had crossing the crease and lifting a backhand, only to be foiled by a ridiculous Lundy save, was pure Briere. If he wore 48, I bet more than a few might have a little deja vu.

Yeah, 10-15 people is a pretty good sample of a 18,000 crowd. :rolleyes:

I'll agree with the texting part. Too many people text'n friends while the games on.

I don't know if it's a good sample or not. Probably not, since there was a pretty loud ovation getting underway. Still, the control room has various shots to choose from, and if that was the best...

Hard not to agree. The move he had crossing the crease and lifting a backhand, only to be foiled by a ridiculous Lundy save, was pure Briere. If he wore 48, I bet more than a few might have a little deja vu.

Who Needs Briere?

When Ennis Is Hiere

which will be even funnier if we do play the phlyers

I'll get flamed for this, but it's too funny to pass up. After The Save, MSG cut to the best crowd reaction shot it had, apparently. It's a pretty tight panning shot of maybe 10-15 people. No one is standing, except a teenage boy who is texting. A few are applauding. One guy casually sucks on his beer. Grandpa, not clapping, is sitting next to a little boy who looks like he wants to do something. A 30-something guy jumps up and looks like he wants to fire up his neighbors. He implores them to stand up or cheer or something. A woman looks at him suspiciously. The little boy spreads his hands apart -- HE'S GONNA CLAP! -- looks around with a perplexed look on his face and puts his hands back in his lap.

There was a standing ovation that lasted at least thirty seconds. See what I mean about MSG not giving you the whole experience? What you describe makes me wonder if there was only one feed, controlled by the NYC crew.

Archived