The Next Four Games

gregkash

Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Florida and Carolina.

We need all 4. We can't be losing to these caliber teams. This is an 8 point gift from the schedule so let's get it.

An eight point gift for God's gift to hockey, eh?

Carolina will be a very tough game. The Canes have been red hot for weeks. Heck, they'll all be tough.

Lalime may get two more starts.. he's going to start one of these four games.. my guess is against Florida. And then next week against Tampa Bay after the biggest game of the year against Ottawa, until the last game of the season.

An eight point gift for God's gift to hockey, eh?

Carolina will be a very tough game. The Canes have been red hot for weeks. Heck, they'll all be tough.

THIS.

I am not sure where this "they should be or are going to be easy games" attitude comes from but anyone who has been watching this team over the last couple of seasons knows these are the classic Sabres achilles heel games. aka pick your excuse games;

We loooked at their record and took them for granted, they were looser and playing for nothing to lose, we didn't have the desperation, we need to bear down on our chances, we tried to be too fancy and perfect instead of just get traffic and pucks to the net, we need to come out right from the start of games playing hard,.... blah, blah, blah....

I do agree Canes should be the toughest but any of these teams is capable of being Sabres kryptonite where we see that weak game rear its ugly head.

This time of season I agree we need to take advantage of what should be games the better team wins and thats what I will be watching. To see if this team has matured and is really different. If not I hope Nfreeman is right and all the players that fall back into those excuse categories are really gone this summer.

Hhmmm how do these tryout contracts work ? Rent to own ? Could Lalime be headed for the pressbox and someone be headed up to the big league?

Portland, Maine - The Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League announced this afternoon that they have signed goaltender Todd Ford to a professional try out contract.

Linky

Hhmmm how do these tryout contracts work ? Rent to own ? Could Lalime be headed for the pressbox and someone be headed up to the big league?

Portland, Maine - The Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League announced this afternoon that they have signed goaltender Todd Ford to a professional try out contract.

Linky

Enroth was hurt a couple of games ago. Ford is probably just trying out as a temporary back-up to Lamoureux.

Linky

There's been 4 or 5 guys that have had PTO's. They take a look and in most cases send them home after a week.

Enroth was hurt a couple of games ago. Ford is probably just trying out as a temporary back-up to Lamoureux.

Yep. Enroth is out at least a month with a high ankle sprain.

There's been 4 or 5 guys that have had PTO's. They take a look and in most cases send them home after a week.

Thank you for that quick detailed summary my astute hockey, Sabres fans and Sabrespace alumni.

Now thats what I'm talking about this board being as awesome as it is! :beer:

Linky

Lalime, or should I say "LaLemon" is another example of management ignoring glaring weaknesses in the team, not addressing them before the recent trade deadline and pretending all will get better before the end of the year. Just give it more time. Lack of vision, lack of bucks, lack of "pucks"!

We need all 4. We can't be losing to these caliber teams. This is an 8 point gift from the schedule so let's get it.

And the team usually goes 1-3 0-2-2 or some such against this group.

Please, we don't "need all 4"

I'll personally be disappointed if they come away with fewer than 5 points, but do you really think the team will suffer from going 3-1-0 over this stretch? Heck, going 3-1-0 could turn out to be enough to clinch the playoffs. 9th place NYR could very well struggle to reach 88 points on the season.

Remember, these are all teams that are on the outside looking in and DESPERATE for wins. I was foolish enough to assume that a similarly desperate Minnesota team would be an easy W.

I'll personally be disappointed if they come away with fewer than 5 points, but do you really think the team will suffer from going 3-1-0 over this stretch? Heck, going 3-1-0 could turn out to be enough to clinch the playoffs. 9th place NYR could very well struggle to reach 88 points on the season.

Remember, these are all teams that are on the outside looking in and DESPERATE for wins. I was foolish enough to assume that a similarly desperate Minnesota team would be an easy W.

Can't agree with you. The Sabres should be just as desperate to get home ice in the playoffs and clinch the division. These four games are against teams that aren't as good as we are. We need to win them. These next four games are imperative, We need to win games we're supposed to win, and these next four we are supposed to win.

Minnesota won due to "Swiss-Cheese Lalime" and the rest of the team not showing up in the first.

My point being, the Sabres can blame themselves for that loss, it's not like Minnesota came out firing on all cylinders, hitting everything that moved.

Can't agree with you. The Sabres should be just as desperate to get home ice in the playoffs and clinch the division. These four games are against teams that aren't as good as we are. We need to win them. These next four games are imperative, We need to win games we're supposed to win, and these next four we are supposed to win.

So you're saying we need to win them?

THIS.

I am not sure where this "they should be or are going to be easy games" attitude comes from but anyone who has been watching this team over the last couple of seasons knows these are the classic Sabres achilles heel games. aka pick your excuse games; We loooked at their record and took them for granted, they were looser and playing for nothing to lose, we didn't have the desperation, we need to bear down on our chances, we tried to be too fancy and perfect instead of just get traffic and pucks to the net, we need to come out right from the start of games playing hard,.... blah, blah, blah....

I do agree Canes should be the toughest but any of these teams is capable of being Sabres kryptonite where we see that weak game rear its ugly head.

This time of season I agree we need to take advantage of what should be games the better team wins and thats what I will be watching. To see if this team has matured and is really different. If not I hope Nfreeman is right and all the players that fall back into those excuse categories are really gone this summer.

All righty then we have our excuse for their first disaster, I know let's have a contest on what the next games

excuse might be.

I'm going to go with, with didn't expect them to play that hard and match their desperation. but lets add the compulsory losers lament, but "I like the way they came back and battled hard to make it a game late" (aka Lundy Ruff commenting on his only ability lately to get them to play alamo mode ).

All righty then we have our excuse for their first disaster, I know let's have a contest on what the next games

excuse might be.

I'm going to go with, with didn't expect them to play that hard and match their desperation. but lets add the compulsory losers lament, but "I like the way they came back and battled hard to make it a game late" (aka Lundy Ruff commenting on his only ability lately to get them to play alamo mode ).

I'm gonna go with :

"There are no easy games this time of year".

Archived