THN - who deserves the cup most?

tragicheadjam

As much as I'd like to agree w/ Adam that us long suffering Sabres fans "deserve" the Cup more than other fans, the reality is no fan "deserves" the Cup. One of these days our boys are going to be the best around and the league isn't going to AWARD the Cup to somebody else. I just hope I'm still here to see it when it finally happens.

Very interesting insights. I'd rather move Dallas from 22 to 30.

As much as I love you, I really think you need to let this Dallas thing go. It's not the organization's fault it happened, and they're actually a very solid and respectable organization, the past 10-15 years. I just don't get anything out of the recent whining about it. Thanks!

As much as I love you, I really think you need to let this Dallas thing go. It's not the organization's fault it happened, and they're actually a very solid and respectable organization, the past 10-15 years. I just don't get anything out of the recent whining about it. Thanks!

I'll do what I can. In that case, that should also apply to the rest of the Sabres fans who feel the same way about it as well. Thanks for the encouragement.

I'll do what I can. In that case, that should also apply to the rest of the Sabres fans who feel the same way about it as well. Thanks for the encouragement.

NO GOAL DAMMIT!!!!

There, as I scream out of my window the same line every morning the last 10 years, It worked the day after that fateful game, it worked this morning as well. :thumbsup:

As much as I'd like to agree w/ Adam that us long suffering Sabres fans "deserve" the Cup more than other fans, the reality is no fan "deserves" the Cup. One of these days our boys are going to be the best around and the league isn't going to AWARD the Cup to somebody else. I just hope I'm still here to see it when it finally happens.

I disagree. That just sounds like some psych 101 rationalization to make yourself feel better for not having it yet.

I deserve the Cup.

...dammit...

I'm playing the age card. Unless you have been following the Sabres since the fall of 1970 and are 50+, I deserve to see a Cup win more than anyone else. :nana:

So who is in the Sabres assisted living center with me? :D

Me!

(Texted from Jitterbug 2.0.)

NO GOAL DAMMIT!!!!

There, as I scream out of my window the same line every morning the last 10 years, It worked the day after that fateful game, it worked this morning as well. :thumbsup:

What I think Cereal was getting at was the fact that I've been beating a dead horse in various different ways all this time. I'm not going to argue against that.

As for what you want to do about that, well, I guess to each his own. :rolleyes:

I'm playing the age card. Unless you have been following the Sabres since the fall of 1970 and are 50+, I deserve to see a Cup win more than anyone else. :nana:

Me Too!

Although...I am not quite 50 but I DESERVE to be in your club and I DESERVE a cup. I was a little tyke in first grade that year and remember it well. And every year since.

My greatest fear is that I will leave this earth before the boys bring home the big prize. :cry:

The holiest of holy is EARNED. Get the 16 wins to hoist it EARN it

Who knows? One of these years, they'll shock all the naysayers, they'll win the Cup, and we won't be the butt of any more bad sports (or even bad city) jokes!

Just ask the New Orleans Saints... (yeah, I know. Saints are football, not hockey, but I think you get the point).

Me Too!

Although...I am not quite 50 but I DESERVE to be in your club and I DESERVE a cup. I was a little tyke in first grade that year and remember it well. And every year since.

My greatest fear is that I will leave this earth before the boys bring home the big prize. :cry:

I have reviewed your application and you have been sworn in. Welcome aboard and here's hoping to see you at a Cup parade one day. :)

The holiest of holy is EARNED. Get the 16 wins to hoist it EARN it

That's true, if you are talking about the players/coaching staff/front office/franchise. Unfortunately the fans don't have any say in getting the 16 wins necessary to earn it. The question was what cities deserve it most, which I took as the fanbase and region, and I think you are hard-pressed to find an NHL fanbase that "deserves" it more than Buffalo fans.

That's true, if you are talking about the players/coaching staff/front office/franchise. Unfortunately the fans don't have any say in getting the 16 wins necessary to earn it. The question was what cities deserve it most, which I took as the fanbase and region, and I think you are hard-pressed to find an NHL fanbase that "deserves" it more than Buffalo fans.

How true. We've seen teams that have been in existence for far fewer years than us already have that Holy Grail. Does the FO think that there's something wrong with that picture?

I'm 48 and saw my 1st game at the Aud in December 1970 when Craig Ramsay got the hat trick as a rookie against the Minnesota North Stars in a 3-1 win. I've been "living and dying" since. I honestly think the only cities that are "dying" for the Cup worse than Buffalo are Toronto and Vancouver.

I'm 48 and saw my 1st game at the Aud in December 1970 when Craig Ramsay got the hat trick as a rookie against the Minnesota North Stars in a 3-1 win. I've been "living and dying" since. I honestly think the only cities that are "dying" for the Cup worse than Buffalo are Toronto and Vancouver.

And it was a natural hat trick!

It certainly was.

I entered Internet ###### briefly this morning when looking up the term natural hat trick. One writer said you have to score the first three goals of the game. Another said all three goals must come in the first period. Yet another one goal in each of the three periods. :wallbash:

The only question I had was whether the goals all have to come in the same period, in a row. I don't think so.

But it was fun to read about the Mario Lemieux Hat Trick (one chemo treatment, one goal and one assist in the same day), the Rat Trick in Florida (Panther killed a rat before the game, then had a goal and an assist in the game) and some other hat trick named after a player who had a kid, a goal and an assist on the same day. And of course the Gordie Howe Hat Trick that he apparently recorded very few times.

At least that's what THEY said on the Internet. So who knows.

Archived