GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

tulax

Hopefully the hangover from the Ottawa loss lasts only one game. Per the Buffalo News, Pat Lalime is expected to get the start.

About time too. Miller has been in steady decline lately, and although the team in front of him must take it's fair share of the blame, I feel pretty convinced that road trip took more out of him than anyone feels like admitting.

That said, I won't be surprised if Lalime gets lit up tonight.

About time too. Miller has been in steady decline lately, and although the team in front of him must take it's fair share of the blame, I feel pretty convinced that road trip took more out of him than anyone feels like admitting.

That said, I won't be surprised if Lalime gets lit up tonight.

Oh God bite your tongue! Last time we saw the Sabres in Columbus it was embarassing (06-07) I really don't want to be embarassed AGAIN.

Things I want to see but probably wont :unsure:

60 minute effort

Lalime letting in less than 3 goals

Myers beating the crap out of someone, anyone.

I think we might get two out of the three.

I expect Lindy to be fairly animated tonight and so will the Sabres.

They need a win. Although, they needed a win against Ottawa and played poorly, and needed a win last night and played poorly and got poor goaltending. So who knows what they will do tonight. I could see a 2-1 win.... a 5-1 win.... or a 5-1 loss. Anything is possible with this team.

I watched NHL on the Fly last night after the game on the NHL Network...The commentators said the Sabres are sorely lacking offense...When Ryan Miller has a bad game- the Sabres are in trouble (see last night)...Darcy just doesn't get that this team doesn't have the horses..For example, I think Pomminstein is by far the most overpaid at 4.5..Why?? One good season...Trade maybe Gerbe, #1 Pick, Pommer and Weber for LeCavalier...Any thought??

Then, move another Center (Roy or Timmy) for a defensive defensemen...

By the way there are people out there that feel Toni Lydman is one of the best defensemen in the league... http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=600620

Okay, not sure what to expect. I will watch and hope for the best but I am prepared for the worst. Remote in hand many other games available where Hockey will be played.

FWIW I have decided that's one of the biggest things that has been bothering me with this team. They are a team of figure skater's that only stick check and have to be if not "the" softest then one of the softest teams in the whole league.

Okay bring on "Lindy's Lament on Ice".

FWIW I have decided that's one of the biggest things that has been bothering me with this team. They are a team of figure skater's that only stick check and have to be if not "the" softest then one of the softest teams in the whole league.

Totally agree. Darcy has a penchant for soft players, figure skaters. That's been the achilles heel of this team for years.

Does anyone else get a knot in their stomach everytime a shot goes in on lalime? This is a huge problem. I just don't trust him.

Lalime looks OK so far. Granted it's only the end of the first period, but I have no issues with him tonight

Something's been bugging me. I've been trying to understand why the last three losses have me so on edge -- and so many others.

Here's a different angle:

Who are the last three teams to eliminate the Sabres from the playoffs?

Very nice.

Which Sabres team out of those 3 had THE BEST shot at going all the way had misfortune (GM, rash of injuries, gift bounces) not struck?

Long time reader, first-time poster here...I'm a former upstate NY-er, lifelong Sabres/Bills fan, now in LA.

I recently saw both the LA-area games the Sabres played, and as bad as Lalime looked in Anaheim, I think he's earned a little more confidence than Lindy and some on the board are giving him right now. If you look at his previous 5 games, he was 3-0-2 against teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh (twice), and Colorado. And, I don't think many would argue that the shootout losses weren't on him, but on our lack of firepower.

He definitely deserved to get yanked versus Anaheim, but he should've been back in at least once, maybe twice, before tonight, IMO.

Long time reader, first-time poster here...I'm a former upstate NY-er, lifelong Sabres/Bills fan, now in LA.

I recently saw both the LA-area games the Sabres played, and as bad as Lalime looked in Anaheim, I think he's earned a little more confidence than Lindy and some on the board are giving him right now. If you look at his previous 5 games, he was 3-0-2 against teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh (twice), and Colorado. And, I don't think many would argue that the shootout losses weren't on him, but on our lack of firepower.

He definitely deserved to get yanked versus Anaheim, but he should've been back in at least once, maybe twice, before tonight, IMO.

Welcome friend. Yeah, the handling of the goalies is an absolute mystery.

Archived