[OT] Pro Bowl

Eleven

Freaking awesome that the AFC won! I am so stoked for tomorrow, it isn't even believable. Can't wait to rub it in the face of NFC fans! This was pure sport--start to finish--and wow, it didn't disappoint. What a game!

:lol:

They should just cancel the game.

If I were king:

- Remove place kicking entirely (other than kick-offs, I suppose). If the weren't trying on most of the plays, the kicking was even less effort.

- Make the QB 2-hand touch. They're almost there now, just get it over with.

- Have a skills competition (maybe they already have this and I didn't see it).

- Give some incentive for trick plays and laterals (I don't know how). The game's a circus anyways, you might as well make in entertaining.

- Give some incentive for trick plays and laterals (I don't know how). The game's a circus anyways, you might as well make in entertaining.

I can't really agree too much with this. I happened to be in an establishment that was airing the game and witnessed the worst looking multi-lateral play I've seen in my 30 years of watching football. I was praying for one of those a-hole to tear an ACL.

Just a thought I had while watching 45 seconds of this wilderbeast afterbirth of a sporting event.

Of course I instantly started thinking about hockey.

It's been said by many people in hockey -- LQ among them -- that the game has a problem: fans can't easily and instantly identify who the stars are. Just the nature of the frantic pace of the game -- and helmets don't help.

Well, what if forwards and defensemen took a cue from the goalie and designed their own helmets? One forward and one defenseman in a different color scheme? Different color/font for the numbers?

Short of taking off the helmets, which isn't going to happen, I don't see how else the NHL can make players more identifiable.

Just a thought I had while watching 45 seconds of this wilderbeast afterbirth of a sporting event.

Of course I instantly started thinking about hockey.

It's been said by many people in hockey -- LQ among them -- that the game has a problem: fans can't easily and instantly identify who the stars are. Just the nature of the frantic pace of the game -- and helmets don't help.

Well, what if forwards and defensemen took a cue from the goalie and designed their own helmets? One forward and one defenseman in a different color scheme? Different color/font for the numbers?

Short of taking off the helmets, which isn't going to happen, I don't see how else the NHL can make players more identifiable.

I don't think helmets are the issue. The NFL has helmets that obscure the face far more than do most NHL helmets.

Freaking awesome that the AFC won! I am so stoked for tomorrow, it isn't even believable. Can't wait to rub it in the face of NFC fans! This was pure sport--start to finish--and wow, it didn't disappoint. What a game!

So the AFC win makes the Colts the home team in the SB right?

I don't think helmets are the issue. The NFL has helmets that obscure the face far more than do most NHL helmets.

Too many differences between the sports and how they are broadcast for this comparison to have much value.

I could watch tonight's game and never notice Sidney Crosby. It's a problem for the league.

They do have announcers, right? Get up off your davenport, walk over and turn the big analog volume knob on that old console TV to the right. :thumbsup:

I'd rather walk over and turn your knob.

You kids stop messin' with that yard grannie!!!!

Nah, I'm married but thanks anyways :sick:

Hey, it's February now, when are you gonna take down your Xmas decorations?

Yeah I didn't want to change anything when they were going pretty well. But after losing seven of 11, with Ottawa coming in, it might be time.

I don't know what to change it to though.

Too many differences between the sports and how they are broadcast for this comparison to have much value.

I could watch tonight's game and never notice Sidney Crosby. It's a problem for the league.

Betcha wish you had that one back. I'll bet the Pens had your comment on the bulletin board.

As for the rest of it, it is a fair point. NFLers are on the field for a certain amount of plays, then they jog off. NHLers change on the fly. That's the biggest difference, IMO, but it has nothing to do with helmets.

Betcha wish you had that one back. I'll bet the Pens had your comment on the bulletin board.

As for the rest of it, it is a fair point. NFLers are on the field for a certain amount of plays, then they jog off. NHLers change on the fly. That's the biggest difference, IMO, but it has nothing to do with helmets.

:rolleyes:

And in the NFL, there's one play, then a fair amount of time for cameras to close in on Brett Favre or Tom Brady. Lots more replays in the NFL too. We also see these guys with their helmets off on the sidelines during play.

:rolleyes:

And in the NFL, there's one play, then a fair amount of time for cameras to close in on Brett Favre or Tom Brady. Lots more replays in the NFL too. We also see these guys with their helmets off on the sidelines during play.

True, true. But I still don't think the helmets are the problem. NHLers' faces generally aren't obscured, but you're right, there's less stopped time to focus on them. (Which I see as an asset for the game; I hate the NFL's stoppages.)

Yeah I didn't want to change anything when they were going pretty well. But after losing seven of 11, with Ottawa coming in, it might be time.

I don't know what to change it to though.

A picture of Ruff yelling at Vanek would be fitting.

Or maybe a shot of the crowd at HSBC, just sitting there, doing nothing.

You should start a thread and ask for opinions. You're bound to get something good out of one of us....

Archived