Connolly's point streak is over...

LabattBlue

You probably had to grow up in the 70's to understand, but I am glad that Connolly did not break Perreault's point streak record?

I think your are right because I did(grow older in 70's, my wife would say I still have not grown up) and I agree on both points.

It doesn't have anything to do with winning or losing. :blink: Either way I would have still been glad that Connolly did not break the record.

He still would have been one game short had he scored, right? Anyway, I think people are too busy complaining about another loss instead if they hadn't pulled that one out.

Do you want Bert's goal-scoring record to stand forever too?

My answer would actually be - it depends. If a Sabre scored more than Bert's 512 in a Buffalo uniform I'd love to have it broken. Bert will always be special to anyone my age in/from Buffalo. I was 9 when the famous, that's an 11, not a 1 was called as the wheel stopped. On the other hand, Pierre Turgeon actually has more career goals than Bert. I don't think anyone considers him the Sabres all time leading goal scorer.

Different type of record. My point is that a chump like Connolly doesn't deserve to break any records of the one of the all-time great Sabres.

He won't be breaking any records, but if by some chance this was the moment where Connolly turned the corner in his career, I'm guessing you'll be just fine with it.

Like I stated in the first post, if you didn't live through the Perreault era, you might not agree. :doh:

It's not so much me disagreeing with you then it is me not understand you is all. Post-lockout, Connolly is pretty much a point per game player. On TSN they were talking about Connolly last week during his streak and one of their panelist said in 2005/06 (year we lost to Carolina) mid-to-late in the season he turned into maybe the BEST player in the world. It was short lived, only several months, until he got knocked out vs. Ottawa, but still i think that speaks volume. I don't really know what makes him such a "chump" besides a personal vendetta you may have towards him?

I don't really know what makes him such a "chump" besides a personal vendetta you may have towards him?

Oh I don't know...

Boyhood hero versus guy who has been stealing money from the Sabres for the last 3 years. Having a nice 15 game run doesn't make me forget how awful he was earlier this season. Let's see him come playoff time.

Archived