Board upgrades coming tomorrow...

SDS

We'll be upgrading to the newest release and the skin will change slightly. It will DEFINITELY be more polished, although I will need to do some final touch-ups.

That's cool.

I hope that this won't change the low-fi version much. That is currently working very well when I lurk from the cell phone.

That's cool.

I hope that this won't change the low-fi version much. That is currently working very well when I lurk from the cell phone.

I might need to fix that after the change. Feel free to remind me. I'll be working on that in the future as well.

That was a fantastic article you linked there PA.. thanks! :thumbsup:

I love reading about the earlier days of the Sabres. I also love how people were completely non-PC back then, and having a running feud and speaking your mind in public were not taboo. Awesome!

Will you be adding more emoticons? Honestly, if tragedy strikes, there ought to be a prayer emoticon. I have to resort to using the :worthy: one because I can't think of any other one that would be appropriate like the recent case of a referee whose throat was cut by a skate.

Hey SDS, can you make it so that links open in a new window like they used to? I think they still do over on TSW ...

Or is that a setting I am missing somewhere?

I noticed the same thing, BtP. Thought it was an issue on my end with Firefox and the TabMix Plus extension.

Hey SDS, can you make it so that links open in a new window like they used to? I think they still do over on TSW ...

Or is that a setting I am missing somewhere?

this is a human interface issue. The consensus is that the designer should not control your windows. Since you can right click and open in new tab or window you have a choice. If I force you to open a new window - I take away that choice. More and more sites and software packages are eliminating that feature.

In fact, they even deprecated that "open in new window" piece of code from the standards. Code won't validate if the old code is used (some use javascript to get around this).

Oh! Perfect, PA...thanks. I just finished Paul Weiland's book "Then Perreault said to Rico...", and your linky was an excellent follow-up to that :)

That book was OK, but it irked me. The author is pretty self-indulgent at times. I took parts of the book to be very big slaps at RJ. Any historical book about the Sabres surely requires almost equal treatment of Darling and Jeanneret. Rick barely got a mention.

Every time I read a factual error, it diluted my trust in the material a little more. Wieland had Perreault standing up before a home playoff game against the Canadiens early in his career and saying, "Let's beat those Frogs!" The author has the Sabres going on to eliminate the Habs that night. That's impossible.

I guess if you take the book as the "stories" of an aging man with imperfect memory, it's fine.

That book was OK, but it irked me. The author is pretty self-indulgent at times. I took parts of the book to be very big slaps at RJ. Any historical book about the Sabres surely requires almost equal treatment of Darling and Jeanneret. Rick barely got a mention.

Every time I read a factual error, it diluted my trust in the material a little more. Wieland had Perreault standing up before a home playoff game against the Canadiens early in his career and saying, "Let's beat those Frogs!" The author has the Sabres going on to eliminate the Habs that night. That's impossible.

I guess if you take the book as the "stories" of an aging man with imperfect memory, it's fine.

They're mass-produced, "factory" books, so take them for what they are.

If you really want an exercise in self-indulgence, take a look at Bob Swados's Counsel in the Crease. You'll come out thinking the guy scored the conference-winning goal in 1975.

They're mass-produced, "factory" books, so take them for what they are.

If you really want an exercise in self-indulgence, take a look at Bob Swados's Counsel in the Crease. You'll come out thinking the guy scored the conference-winning goal in 1975.

LOL.

Paul Wieland is a professor of journalism at Saint Bonaventure, so I guess I expected a better written and better edited result.

is there any way to add the button that takes you back to the top of the page. I used to find that to be the most convenient way to navigate the site, and still use it all the time over on TBD.

the footer there is a "Back to top" to the top link.

Archived