[OT] Buffalo Bandits

Hank

Season starts this weekend? Is there enough interest on this forum to have a Bandits thread?

There is! On paper, my opinion right now is that the Bandits are the 2nd best team in the East, behind only Rochester. The major question going into the season is how the revamped D handles the losses of Hill, McCready, Kilgour, and Sanderson with the additions of Driscoll, Gibson, Corbeil, and Priolo. There is no better initial test than the Knighthawks' offense, who now have Grant and Evans back from injuries sustained last year. As a reminder, the game starts tomorrow night at 8pm and can be watched online at: http://www.nll.com/

That didn't go too well for the Bandits.

I have no idea what happened, but I find it difficult to take seriously any sport where music/SFX are playing while there is game action (NBA/NLL/whatever that soccer league calls itself now).

• 2 weeks later...

Bandits played like complete #%^$#! last night, very disapointing...

Just wanted to update this thread. 0-4 now. Maybe the thread needs to be deleted for the Bandits to win one?

Bandits finally get a win, YAY!!

Recap from bandits.com:

The Buffalo Bandits can exhale now after earning their first win of the season tonight against the Minnesota Swarm 11-7.

The Bandits record coming into tonight’s game was less than exhilarating as the team’s desperation was beginning to show after losing four straight games. Coach Kilgour emphasized the need for teamwork and elevated play from all his players, and tonight they responded.

Mark Steenhuis would play his best game of the season, registering eight points on the night (1+7). With pressure mounting from the Swarm defense, Steenhuis was forced to make some tough plays during the game.

“I’m starting to get the attention of the other teams, and it’s my job to find the open guys out there now” Steenhuis said. “They are making all the moves, and I’m just trying to see them.”

Also leading the offense was Hamburg native Frank Resetarits who earned a hat trick on the night. Scoring two goals in a matter of 31 seconds, Resetarits would prove to be just one of the many sparks that lit the lamp on the night.

“We just decided that we wanted to go back to basics this week and finally got those bounces” Resetarits said. “I had a pretty good shoot around earlier today and Steenhuis and Clancy did a great job of setting me up, all I had to do was shoot the ball.”

In his first career NLL game and debut as a Buffalo Bandit, Kyle Clancy would score shorthanded during the second quarter to earn his first career goal. Clancy would also register an assist on one of Resetarits’ goals in the first.

However, the strong defense in the third quarter would shut the Swarm out and shifted the team into the winning column. Specifically, the play of the rookies Steve Priolo and Chris Corbeil continued to be outstanding. Veteran defenseman Billy Dee Smith would also contribute on the scoreboard on an empty-net goal in the final seconds of the fourth.

“We aren’t chasing, we are forcing and it’s a small difference but a huge difference for our defense” Coach Kilgour said. “Once we got that straightened out we dominated in the second half.”

Ken Montour also held the team in the game by stopping 44 of 51 shots on the night.

The team was again without Tavares, Vyse, and Greenhalgh tonight. All are expected to return to the lineup within the next three weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congrats to the Bandits for making the playoffs!

It's certainly been a rough season: injuries to Tavares and Montour, the 0-4 start, losing at home to basement-dwelling Philly and Colorado, blowing the first half lead last week in Orlando...

But here's the bottom line: win the next three games and the Bandits are 2010 NLL Champions!

• 8 months later...

Archived