When is Darcy's love affair with Connolly going to end?

LabattBlue

No doubt, the offensive numbers are disappointing. But with most everyone else in the tank offensively, you have to wonder where to rest the blame. Well, I don't wonder, but someone might want to.

I blame the Top 6 players themselves for not performing. I do not blame Darcy, Lindy, the Zamboni drivers, the astologists, the palm readers, the sorcerists, the trainers, Larry Quinn, Tom Golisano, Dick Jauron, or Pee-Wee Herman.

Excuse making is worthless. No more apologist nonsense. If a player is not performing up to his contract than the player needs to be called out, period. Giving free passes by deflecting blame is a sure fire way to never solve a problem.

Same goes with giving credit to players exceeding expectations. Fortunately, this team has more overachievers than underachievers, which is why we are in 1st place.

When it comes to the team's record, I give credit to Ruff and Darcy for putting together the right players and making the collective successful. If they tank and end up missing the playoffs, than they deserve to take the heat.

NO MORE EXCUSES! ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS WHAT WE NEED!

I blame the Top 6 players themselves for not performing. I do not blame Darcy, Lindy, the Zamboni drivers, the astologists, the palm readers, the sorcerists, the trainers, Larry Quinn, Tom Golisano, Dick Jauron, or Pee-Wee Herman.

Excuse making is worthless. No more apologist nonsense. If a player is not performing up to his contract than the player needs to be called out, period. Giving free passes by deflecting blame is a sure fire way to never solve a problem.

Same goes with giving credit to players exceeding expectations. Fortunately, this team has more overachievers than underachievers, which is why we are in 1st place.

When it comes to the team's record, I give credit to Ruff and Darcy for putting together the right players and making the collective successful. If they tank and end up missing the playoffs, than they deserve to take the heat.

This. +1. :beer:

I would not be messing with sorcerers.. Just saying..

He's one of the top penalty killers on one of the top penalty killing teams in the league. Does that count for nothing?

And, after winning last night we are now top 5 in the NHL! Connolly is only our 2nd highest scorer. The guy is integral to our work in progress - another cog in a resilient group!

Did I forget to metion that we are 10 - 3 - 1 in our last 14 which is 75%. His experience is invaluable to the team and up and comers like Kennedy amongst others!

They call them armchair quarterbacks in the football arena is there a hockey equivalent?

Methinks street hockey pro is what I would proffer to call some of our over exhuberant analyzers - which is why the ice hockey pros are on the path and we can only observe their wherewithal!

Oh & dude, I have always thought that LR & DR are essential to our goal - notwithstanding the ability to question or suggest rational methodology to achieve what we all so very much desire. And, THIS team is developing that sense more so than perhaps at any other time in Sabres history; pretty much sans rent-a-skater!!!

The FAB 5 as a whole have been underwhelming to say the least and you would think that Connolly being the elder statesman of the group would be leading them upward not into a season long funk.

I don't think I have yelled at Connolly so much as last night's game... from f'in shoot to just dump it to hit him, to just plain skate, each game he looks like he is going more and more through the motions... pathetic... Think it is time to bring up some hungry AHL guys and sit Connolly.

And, after winning last night we are now top 5 in the NHL! Connolly is only our 2nd highest scorer. The guy is integral to our work in progress - another cog in a resilient group!

Did I forget to metion that we are 10 - 3 - 1 in our last 14 which is 75%. His experience is invaluable to the team and up and comers like Kennedy amongst others!

They call them armchair quarterbacks in the football arena is there a hockey equivalent?

Methinks street hockey pro is what I would proffer to call some of our over exhuberant analyzers - which is why the ice hockey pros are on the path and we can only observe their wherewithal!

Oh & dude, I have always thought that LR & DR are essential to our goal - notwithstanding the ability to question or suggest rational methodology to achieve what we all so very much desire. And, THIS team is developing that sense more so than perhaps at any other time in Sabres history; pretty much sans rent-a-skater!!!

Good name, but I prefer to call them other things. Things you can't put on a family message board like this. They are sooooo annoying.

...or you could summarize it more accurately and concisely by saying that Miller has been lights out all season and that is the big difference between this year and the past two. ;)

Amen. Coaching only goes so far. The top 6 needs to dig deep and find the production in themselves. If all of our scrubs like Mair, Ellis and Paetsch can find that, why can't our talent players?

...or you could summarize it more accurately and concisely by saying that Miller has been lights out all season and that is the big difference between this year and the past two. ;)

and this. Miller is the team right now. And he's getting support from the players giving the effort and playing smart hockey. Problem is...it's the wrong players.

I used to have trouble telling Kennedy and Connolly apart on the ice because their games were so similar. Great stick work, scrappy attitude, playmaking, but now they couldn't be more different since Timmy mailed it in. I know Connolly has a lot more points, but he plays double the minutes on our top line, plus the power play. Kennedy is strictly checking the other team's top line. I miss Connolly's edge...he was no pushover, but now he's just Mr. Invisible.

I used to have trouble telling Kennedy and Connolly apart on the ice because their games were so similar.

WHAT? Kennedy has shown more grit in 30+ games than Connolly has shown in a career. Connolly had an edge? When was that? I could not disagree with you more on this point.

WHAT? Kennedy has shown more grit in 30+ games than Connolly has shown in a career. Connolly had an edge? When was that? I could not disagree with you more on this point.

I think you have forgotten that Connolly was always known for having a quick temper and being only too willing to throw his body around. He was about the only Sabre last year to jump in when Miller got ran, and also had a couple other times when he went after guys who were taking cheap shots. He only became passive the past couple months.

I think you have forgotten that Connolly was always known for having a quick temper and being only too willing to throw his body around. He was about the only Sabre last year to jump in when Miller got ran, and also had a couple other times when he went after guys who were taking cheap shots. He only became passive the past couple months.

I don't recall Connolly having a quick temper in past years, but even so, what does that have to do with this year and confusing Connolly and Kennedy? :blink:

I don't recall Connolly having a quick temper in past years, but even so, what does that have to do with this year and confusing Connolly and Kennedy? :blink:

As I said, very similar puckhandling and play-making styles. You honestly don't see any similarities? Look, I'm the first person to bash Connolly when he deserves it, but you must acknowledge he has some skills.

Look, I'm the first person to bash Connolly when he deserves it, but you must acknowledge he has some skills.

Where did I question Connolly's skill level? I thought we were comparing the grit of Connolly vs. Kennedy? :blink: As long as you brought it up, it is more of a question of his effort level which would in turn showcase those skills even more.

Trade Connolly for picks. Move Kennedy up to top two line center.

Sign Peca as a free agent :thumbsup:

I saw Mike walking around the Pepsi Center the other day. One of my buddies had a quick chat with him. He's apparently pretty bummed no one picked him up in the summer, and still has some fire in his belly. Man still wants to play hockey. Put him on the PK, let him win some faceoffs and let's get into the playoff mentality.

Trade Connolly for picks. Move Kennedy up to top two line center.

I saw Mike walking around the Pepsi Center the other day. One of my buddies had a quick chat with him. He's apparently pretty bummed no one picked him up in the summer, and still has some fire in his belly. Man still wants to play hockey. Put him on the PK, let him win some faceoffs and let's get into the playoff mentality.

Oddly enough, I'd be okay with that.

Oddly enough, I'd be okay with that.

Hey Tiger!

Me disgree! Kennedy NOT ready for that role, besides the Sabres system is predicated on

variability of lines - matching the skill level of the individuals into coherent lines

based on perceived chemistry. Hence, LR tweaking the lines. It's a drawn out process and injuries as well as opponents and schedule are other factors. Contrary to popular opinion, LR & DR have a good plan and a versatile bunch of players to work it with. We don't need rent-a-skaters. It dilutes from the energy available within the organization.

Based on what I have been reading here over the last few years I will unequivocally

state that......."It's better than NO organization at all"...... :worthy:

GOOD JOB BOYS!!! :thumbsup:

Hey Tiger!

Me disgree! Kennedy NOT ready for that role, besides the Sabres system is predicated on

variability of lines - matching the skill level of the individuals into coherent lines

based on perceived chemistry. Hence, LR tweaking the lines. It's a drawn out process and injuries as well as opponents and schedule are other factors. Contrary to popular opinion, LR & DR have a good plan and a versatile bunch of players to work it with. We don't need rent-a-skaters. It dilutes from the energy available within the organization.

Based on what I have been reading here over the last few years I will unequivocally

state that......."It's better than NO organization at all"...... :worthy:

GOOD JOB BOYS!!! :thumbsup:

Hey, if Myers can step in and play as well as he has, what's to say Kennedy couldn't step up to that level. The only thing keeping him down is the fact that Connolly exists. Sure I'd love a real number 2 center who can win almost as many faceoffs as Goose, but come on. If anything, young players in this organization have done a good job of proving that when given the chance, they can make our lazy vets look expendable.

And if anyone is diluting energy, it's Connolly.

He is still one of my favourite Sabres of all time........... :beer:

Archived