When is Darcy's love affair with Connolly going to end?

LabattBlue

For those of you who want to trade TC, how about shipping him to the Rags straight up for Capt. Intangible?!

As I see it, Darcy is not going to mess with the chemistry of this team, especially when they lead the division. In fact, I really doubt he'll trade any of the Fab Five, as he has pretty much hitched his wagon to them. So let's hope TC (and Vanek for that matter) snap out of their slumps soon. If they do, this season's ride will be so much more fun! If they don't, well, it'll give us lots to b*tch about for the rest of the season.

PM

For those of you who want to trade TC, how about shipping him to the Rags straight up for Capt. Intangible?!

As I see it, Darcy is not going to mess with the chemistry of this team, especially when they lead the division. In fact, I really doubt he'll trade any of the Fab Five, as he has pretty much hitched his wagon to them. So let's hope TC (and Vanek for that matter) snap out of their slumps soon. If they do, this season's ride will be so much more fun! If they don't, well, it'll give us lots to b*tch about for the rest of the season.

PM

Not even close to the same cap and salary numbers. Connolly is a 4.5 while Drury's cap hit is 7.05. And we don't have enough cap space to take that extra on.

Not even close to the same cap and salary numbers. Connolly is a 4.5 while Drury's cap hit is 7.05. And we don't have enough cap space to take that extra on.

Connolly and Hecht for Drury and Prospal? Both are about $8 million in cap, though the Sabres would gain about $800k in salary.

Connolly and Hecht for Drury and Prospal? Both are about $8 million in cap, though the Sabres would gain about $800k in salary.

We could fit it. I don't know about Hecht though, I've actually liked his play this year. Stafford, as ink suggests, would do it for me.

Although I'm still not sure I want Drury back. If Darcy and co. felt that he still has what it takes to be a top line center on THIS team, then I'd be all for it.

We could fit it. I don't know about Hecht though, I've actually liked his play this year. Stafford, as ink suggests, would do it for me.

Although I'm still not sure I want Drury back. If Darcy and co. felt that he still has what it takes to be a top line center on THIS team, then I'd be all for it.

Wow, I was very tongue in cheek with my "suggestion" to trade TC for Drury. Even with the other parts thrown in, Darcy would never do it, nor do I think he should!

PM

I think Derek Roy would still qualify as the teams number one center. Still Drury/Roy > Connolly/Roy

Can we stop nitpicking the players? You would think this is a Montreal fan site. The team is winning with depth, which I think is a good thing considering the injury rate in the NHL.

The FAB 5 have been below average since the start of the season and you want to defend them? They can thank their lucky stars for Ryan Miller's play or this team would be once again wallowing around 9th or 10th places. Have you forgotten the last two seasons? Before the Sabres got hot over the last two weeks, they were on a streak of 8-8-1. Were you okay with their play during that time because that kind of extended play is not going to get you very far in this league?

The FAB 5 have been below average since the start of the season and you want to defend them? They can thank their lucky stars for Ryan Miller's play or this team would be once again wallowing around 9th or 10th places. Have you forgotten the last two seasons? Before the Sabres got hot over the last two weeks, they were on a streak of 8-8-1. Were you okay with their play during that time because that kind of extended play is not going to get you very far in this league?

LabattBlue, I love the Fab 5 label lol.

This. ^

In fairness to Darcy, though, he has been working on ramping things up. Purging softies like Kalinen, Kotalik, Numinen and Afinigenov over the past couple years and replacing them with tougher, harder working guys has made a big difference. Plus, this past draft was nothing but bulldogs from, top to bottom.

I think the NHL style has seriously changed the past couple years, making soft, finesse stick handlers virtually obsolete. Packing the middle with size and shot blocking, coupled with a rejuvenation of the trap, has made the game conducive to power over finesse. Scoring requires power forwards clearing ice with pounding forechecks and bull rushes to the net. the pretty passing game is dead, and that means soft skill guys like Roy, Connolly and Pominville are not going to be nearly as effective anymore.

I would wholeheartedly disagree! NHL is committed to skill versus interference!

The fact of the matter is that the NHL management has yet to come full circle on its implementation - and NOT for lack of trying; it is a work in progress!

The top brass needs to implement a quality control performance mechanism whereby the officiating crew is evaluated for each game, period, call - video doesn't lie!

The discipline on head shots needs to be consistent across the board. When a head shot is made perp & victim input should be required as well as post trauma (if any) health records submitted under severe penalty for embellishment (NOT unlike a dive!)

The NHL IS FOR EVERYONE means that those who play by the rules are welcome to the premier hockey venue in the world! :worthy:

So guys like Connoly, Pomminstein, Roy, Kennedy, Gerbe & others around the league are welcome. Have y'all forgotten our common law heritage as in David and Goliath?

If you can skate welcome to the NHL!!! :thumbsup:

Mancari.

;)

I guess I should have specified NHL power forward.

without training wheels, et al.

PM

Beat me 2 it.

I would wholeheartedly disagree! NHL is committed to skill versus interference!

The fact of the matter is that the NHL management has yet to come full circle on its implementation - and NOT for lack of trying; it is a work in progress!

The top brass needs to implement a quality control performance mechanism whereby the officiating crew is evaluated for each game, period, call - video doesn't lie!

The discipline on head shots needs to be consistent across the board. When a head shot is made perp & victim input should be required as well as post trauma (if any) health records submitted under severe penalty for embellishment (NOT unlike a dive!)

The NHL IS FOR EVERYONE means that those who play by the rules are welcome to the premier hockey venue in the world! :worthy:

So guys like Connoly, Pomminstein, Roy, Kennedy, Gerbe & others around the league are welcome. Have y'all forgotten our common law heritage as in David and Goliath?

If you can skate welcome to the NHL!!! :thumbsup:

Is the NHL now giving out kool-aid stand attendant buttons?

Without the rule breakers the league is boring. Like a soap opera where everyone gets along and pats each other on the back.

Without the rule breakers the league is boring. Like a soap opera where everyone gets along and pats each other on the back.

Interesting perspective. Hadn't thought about it like that.. So the fact that Sean Avery exists is GOOD for the NHL. I think I agree...

Connolly could fetch a mean, stay at home dman via trade near the deadline.

Something to consider.

We don't need a Dman, we need a forward that contributes putting the puck in the net on a regular basis. I'll pass on this idea. We are logjammed with Dmen as it is.

Archived