When is Darcy's love affair with Connolly going to end?

LabattBlue

Facts...

1. Connolly has a good, but injury plagued year coming out of the lockout. Great start to the playoffs which ended with him getting smoked. His reward...3 years 9 million dollars despite the concussion symptoms being nowhere near gone.

2. One year of not playing at all, followed by two years @ 48 games each. His reward...2 years 9 million(I don't suppose this new contract had anything to do with Quinny and Connolly's father being good friends, would it?).

3. Has been pretty much absent this year except for a handful of games. He has even wussed out of taking faceoffs because he is supposedly playing hurt.

IMO...Connolly has been living off his great "potential" since he came to Buffalo. Please tell me that Kennedy, Adam or Ennis will be ready for full time duty as a scoring line center next year. If not, send him packing and bring in a vet stop gap for a year or so until one of the previously mentioned players is ready to go.

I have officially named Connolly my whipping boy for the rest of this season.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=31850

Facts...

1. Connolly has a good, but injury plagued year coming out of the lockout. Great start to the playoffs which ended with him getting smoked. His reward...3 years 9 million dollars despite the concussion symptoms being nowhere near gone.

2. One year of not playing at all, followed by two years @ 48 games each. His reward...2 years 9 million(I don't suppose this new contract had anything to do with Quinny and Connolly's father being good friends, would it?).

3. Has been pretty much absent this year except for a handful of games. He has even wussed out of taking faceoffs because he is supposedly playing hurt.

IMO...Connolly has been living off his great "potential" since he came to Buffalo. Please tell me that Kennedy, Adam or Ennis will be ready for full time duty as a scoring line center next year. If not, send him packing and bring in a vet stop gap for a year or so until one of the previously mentioned players is ready to go.

I have officially named Connolly my whipping boy for the rest of this season.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=31850

All good points. The faceoff thing is really bothering me. I have done a lot of yelling at the TV because of "Timmy Turnover" this year as well.

I'm as unhappy with TC's frequent invisibility as anyone (and wouldn't be surprised if he had an injured shoulder or ribs or something), but this theory, which has been mentioned before, is crazy. Successful businessmen don't give away $9MM to the wayward kids of their HS buddies.

Problem: He's under contract until next year and I don't see how he isn't here next year. No real way to get rid of him.

Correct, unless we take back someone else's problem contract in the bargain. Not impossible, but not likely either.

I am on board with you Blue. It might be different if he at least appeared to be giving the effort night in and night out, but he seems to turn it on in spurts. Very short spurts. Then you don't hear from the guy for games.

This is a serious discussion....... :sick:

Ok, Ok DR HOLLIDAY, you want serious, ok.

I didn't start posting on this board until recently. But, I stated on other boards he should have been traded at the deadline last season. It could have been done, I don't care what anyone says. Then, during the offseason, I stated they should not resign him, not because of his injuries, but because since his injuries he really was an unknown commodity.

He has put up line 2 numbers however, as far as the points go. He should not be a center, but a winger, which ever wing he shows more promise on. Which would lead to the question of who would center him successfully?

As others have already correctly pointed out, he is not going to be traded, he is going to finish this contract here in Buffalo or atleast until next seasons trade deadline.

I'm as unhappy with TC's frequent invisibility as anyone (and wouldn't be surprised if he had an injured shoulder or ribs or something), but this theory, which has been mentioned before, is crazy. Successful businessmen don't give away $9MM to the wayward kids of their HS buddies.

Never doubt Quinny. Besides, it's not his money, it's OSP's. ;)

Well, what if they $$ ain't yours and your career as a business man is mostly just a sham?

Never doubt Quinny. Besides, it's not his money, it's OSP's. ;)

They also don't give away their boss' money when it's that much cash and the deal is that much under a microscope.

Bad hockey decision? Possible-to-likely, although he'll probably end up with 65-70 pts this year, and Pommer's contract is still much worse (how's that for cold comfort?). But felony embezzlement (which is what this would be)? Not plausible.

I don't know, what's a good PKer worth, 1.5 mill? Still got about 3 mil of offense to find.

they should trade connoly while he still has value and give up a draft pick for a star forward, that is what this team needs, a real veteran power forward, and if they cant find a proper suitor, then someone with gobs of talent and some leadership in the dressing room

I'm sure we could find some scrub to play the PK just fine. If players with the talent of Kaleta can do it, what do we need Connolly for?

Kaleta may be able to do it, but Ruff hasn't given him much of a chance.

I had to laugh at this nugget in one of the Toronto papers this morning: "Adam Mair was declared unworthy by the Leafs almost a decade ago but is part of one of the NHL’s top penalty killing units."

They also don't give away their boss' money when it's that much cash and the deal is that much under a microscope.

Bad hockey decision? Possible-to-likely, although he'll probably end up with 65-70 pts this year, and Pommer's contract is still much worse (how's that for cold comfort?). But felony embezzlement (which is what this would be)? Not plausible.

Are you literally saying LQ could be legally charged with something for giving this contract to Connolly? Or did you mean "felony embezzlement" in a metaphoric sense? :blush:

Felony embezzlement? We're not talking about stealing money(even though some would categorize what Connolly is doing this season as "stealing money"), just the possibility of a guy being re-signed to his current team due to a relationship between the teams managing partner and the players father. Let's say this was the case(which I have no proof of), Quinny could have made this decision on his own without ever mentioning in to anyone. Far from embezzlement at that point. Just a case where a player is signed to a contract exceeding his worth. Something you see in the NHL all the time by dumb general managers.

I don't know, what's a good PKer worth, 1.5 mill? Still got about 3 mil of offense to find.

No doubt, the offensive numbers are disappointing. But with most everyone else in the tank offensively, you have to wonder where to rest the blame. Well, I don't wonder, but someone might want to.

No doubt, the offensive numbers are disappointing. But with most everyone else in the tank offensively, you have to wonder where to rest the blame. Well, I don't wonder, but someone might want to.

The FAB 5 as a whole have been underwhelming to say the least and you would think that Connolly being the elder statesman of the group would be leading them upward not into a season long funk.

Archived