GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Strow

He is expected to rejoin the team sometime today, but probably will not play. Does not make a lot of sense to me considering the injuries.

The story quotes Ruff as saying Gerbe "probably" won't play, so I'm not sure why the headline is so definitive.

Grier's mom just died, he hasn't practiced, he'll be traveling across country -- maybe even today. I don't see how he should be expected to play.

The story quotes Ruff as saying Gerbe "probably" won't play, so I'm not sure why the headline is so definitive.

Grier's mom just died, he hasn't practiced, he'll be traveling across country -- maybe even today. I don't see how he should be expected to play.

What if he went to Lindy and pleaded to be in the lineup?

Gerbe out for the game with a groin injury per WGR. Portland is close by. Please call up Ennis instead of dressing Paetsch as a forward.

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sabres/

Well that doesn't bode well for his chances then. Has himself a physical game and ends up on the DL.. Das ist nicht gut.

It's a long season.... i want a win and hope we win, but if they don't, it doesn't mean too much for this team. This game is really far from a must-win.

This team needs to stop being streaky. It's a must win. You don't beat Chicago and Washington and then lose to the Rangers.

Back to back nights for Sabres. Two nights off for NYR. Mid-December game. Must win? Please. Don't make me laugh.

The Sabres are riding perilously close to the 05-06 trendline. If they lose tonight that puts them closer. I'd like to see a bit more of a cushion personally in case they have a rough patch. It's a must win to keep this team on track.

Did anyone have a chance to see what Brian Kozial wrote on GR's Website? I guess Connolly went of on him about him not taking faceoffs. Give it a looksee.

4-2 Sabres.

They'll need a decent effort. Mirrior image game from last saturday.

Do you mean this? Paul Hamilton wrote it. Wow. Pissy. And so is Hamilton.

"Do you mean this? Paul Hamilton wrote it. Wow. Pissy. And so is Hamilton."

Thats the one. Sorry wrong name.

Maybe they can have a slap fight.

Mark Mancari called up. Butler to the IR.

via Sabres Twitter.

Great.

So Grier is in or out?

Maybe he and Pommer can take turns bouncing shots off a squared up Lundqvist.

Gerbe's out with a groin problem (see article that Eleven linked), so Mark gets the call. Goose is still out, but if Grier is back, then Mair or Ellis is probably sitting (assuming Mancari is, in fact, playing.)

Edit: seems Grier will be rejoining the Sabres tonight, but will not be playing. So, Mark will take Gerbe's spot.

Archived