GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

R_Dudley

Who looks like the last place team? Nice miss by Vanek there. WTF has he been? These Sabres have no intensity. Nice penalty. This is where I feel like not watching anymore. Same feeling I get when I'm watching a Bills game...I'm out.

Does Lindy really tell his team not to take other teams lightly, or is that just said for public consumption?

Looks like Michael Leighton is poised to join the pantheon of One Night Hall of Famers who've tended goal against the Sabres.

If Lindy has to tell the Sabres not to take the other team lightly, then Darcy has put together the wrong team. And quite frankly, I think that Darcy is the problem. She likes players who are soft, lazy and stupid.

Does Lindy really tell his team not to take other teams lightly, or is that just said for public consumption?

Looks like Michael Leighton is poised to join the pantheon of One Night Hall of Famers who've tended goal against the Sabres.

Not like we are really testing him.

Tripp Tracy has done a complete 180 from his Briere bashing days... He has anointed Ryan Miller as the USA starting goalie, and has compared him to Gretzky. Then, he said that Miller was the best goalie in Sabres history. Dude is smoking something...

Great 3rd period so far though!

So, I guess instead of a chat during the second intermission, Ruff made them drink coffee and pop caffeine pills.

Sekera is filling in nicely for Rivet, I think. His play has been very good the last several games he's been in - nice to see the entire D core willing to jump up into the play.

I guess that's why they play 60 minutes of hockey - so when after 40 minutes they don't show up and fan(s) lose their patience, things can look a lot different when the final whistle is blown. Still - they look like a shadow of the team that dominanted Detroit earlier this year. Someone said soemthing that acted as a wake-up call in that second intermission. Then again it's Carolina. No wonder we Buffalo fans are considered tortured. Wow -Miller.

It's nice to have the win, but........

I wonder if they learn anything when they win this way. Carolina outplayed them in the 1st two periods in all areas of the game (except goal thanks to Miller).

Oh well, take the points, and hope that they learn something before playing Toronto.

Well, you could have said, "hey this is a good night; lots of players breaking scoring slumps, including Vanek." You, however, chose to spin it another way. That is obvious.

When a player makes the kind of money that Vanek makes, he doesn't need my spin, or anyone else's spin. He just needs to produce, day in and day out. If you think that describes Vanek, then god love you. Personally I think vanek is a major disappointment. If he had scored when the Sabres were down 1-0 then that would be a great thing. But he scored when the team was up 4-1 with just a few minutes to go. You can spin that any way you want, but a garbage time goal is a garbage time goal. I want to see him score when the chips are down and the team needs a lift.

It's nice to have the win, but........

I wonder if they learn anything when they win this way. Carolina outplayed them in the 1st two periods in all areas of the game (except goal thanks to Miller).

Oh well, take the points, and hope that they learn something before playing Toronto.

They learn its better to get outplayed and win at times this year than outplay teams and lose like last year...

Archived