GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

ThePebble19

There are several great Canadian hockey minds out there and the guy was selected as an associate coach for the olympic team. What an honour. He's brought sabres teams from different era's deep into the playoffs. Ya, if we didn't have Miller we'd be screwed. If we didn't have Hasek in 99 then we wouldn't even be discussing the Hull goal..... A week ago this team was unbelievable and everyone was on board with how different the team is. Three losses in a row and look at us on here.....

I can't be bothered to do a search, but I feel fairly confident there were one or two posters saying the exact same things once they started slumping after their hot start last year.

The problem with the current losing streak is not that they're losing. It's that they're losing in the exact same way that has kept them out of the playoffs for two seasons straight - By not showing up.

This team has things to prove, and it's nobody's fault but their own. Now's a good time to start.

Come on, wjag, you're slackin!

Goals from Kaleta and Pominville back to back...

Buffalo: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Ottawa: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

LOL..

Once I issue the Rout, Rout, Rout line, I'm out.. I switched to Criminal Minds. I love my Sabres. But I can't stand to watch them get routed especially to Ottawa. I'm taking my family to BUF-OTT on 26 Dec. I'm going to have to sit through the whole thing then.

If there was ever a team that has another team's number, it's Ottawa over Buffalo. Having watched it over the years, it makes that Pominville SHG even more improbable and stunning.

LOL..

Once I issue the Rout, Rout, Rout line, I'm out.. I switched to Criminal Minds. I love my Sabres. But I can't stand to watch them get routed especially to Ottawa. I'm taking my family to BUF-OTT on 26 Dec. I'm going to have to sit through the whole thing then.

If there was ever a team that has another team's number, it's Ottawa over Buffalo. Having watched it over the years, it makes that Pominville SHG even more improbable and stunning.

Yeah, how we ever managed to win 4 games out of 5 against them is completely dumbfounding these days.

We always seem to play right into their gameplan, no matter what.

LOL..

I bet Ottawa fans would say "we" have "their" number, given the events of '97, '99 and '06.

I'm going to continue beating my drum from the offseason that Pomminstein needs to go. Take your gold chain and get the hell out. Take Stafford and Connolly with you. And Roy too if he happens to fit in the suitcase. I want real men who play real hockey.

Agreed. Amen to all of this!

I'd bet both sides would agree that the pendulum has swung.

If I was a neurotic Sens fan, I wouldn't feel that way. After the Flyers beat us the first four times in the playoffs, Grosek's goal in 98 didn't make me think the pendulum had swing. Despite the 8-0 elimination game in '01, I probably didn't feel that way until we beat them again in '06. I don't really care what happens during the regular season.

I bet Ottawa fans would say "we" have "their" number, given the events of '97, '99 and '06.

I've some friends that are from Canada living down here. One is from Ottawa and the other is from Toronto (were married). They *hate* Buffalo because "Buffalo always seems to beat them."

So, yes, there is truth to that statement.

Archived