GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

ThePebble19

Eh... You have to remember that many people don't want to read about throwing in the towel while the game is still in play. It doesn't serve any purpose and it really isn't a "viewpoint" as much as it is just an antagonistic comment.

OK -- here's what I said. Tell me where I am throwing in the towel? -- "So far I've seen very little to make me feel optimistic about the Sabres. They put together a couple of nice back-to back games last week, followed by two losses (and staring at three). This inconsistency is maddening."

Two wins followed by two losses is a .500 average. That's not very impressive.

Now, I'm not throwing in the towel, but I am simply stating the facts: the Sens just scored twice while I was typing this response. What that means is that the Sabres need to score 3 goals to tie the game and 4 to win the game. So, let me repeat myself. So far, I've seen very little to make me optimistic.

Touche.

This team is the definition of jekyl and hyde. They looked so good last week and now look so terrible. Scary. The season is really on Miller's shoulders unless the players around him decide to bring it every night. It wouldn't hurt for Vanek to get back in form and to pick up a better backup goalie and/or a consistent scorer.

This is just laughable now...These guys just refuse to play well when Lalime is in there...I know we played badly the last two games before this one, but it just always seems that they don't play well when Patty is in there.

...Kaleta scores about 10 minutes too late...

I dunno if there's a book on him but he did play a bunch of years here but at least three of the goals were glove side high.

Also what is it with Buffalo teams that keep it close till end of game and then collapse. :wallbash:

As I type the only consitent working line last couple of games gets a goal and Kaleta deserved that.

Tough beans. :thumbsup: That's a phrase you don't hear enough of.

I just don't understand putting the meaning of a game in the grand scheme of things,..WHILE IT IS STILL GOING ON.

Just watch the game, have a beer (or six), and enjoy. Think about what it means tomorrow.

What if we come back and score seven unanswered? Will that mean as much?... Nope.

Actually, I'm watching the game while working on a box of wine -- yeah, I know that's not hockey, but there's no beer in the house. And I'm glad you liked the tough beans. I've always been fond of that phrase. My point was that the Sabres are not consistent. They play two tough games last weekend -- and win them both -- then come out flat for two games. They fall behind the Sens (who are nipping at the Sabres heels in the standings) in a game they desperately need to win. I mean, why can't this team figure out that they need to play like madmen every damn night. If they don't, they are going to be totally mediocre. And that's where I am afraid they are headed. They started out strong (against mostly second tier teams) but have not been able to maintain that pace. If the Sabres could score seven goals that would be great. But I haven't seen the consistency of effort to make me feel confident in their ability to do that. I haven't seen a consistent team effort -- yeah some player or another will play well on any given night, but I don't see any consistency in team effort. If I see the team working hard every night, I'll beel better about the team's chances. but until I see a total team effort every night, I can't believe the team will be able to compete for the Stanley Cup.

But I will say this -- at least they're not the Bills

Doesn't this team know any other shot from the point other than the long windup slapshot.

Second, if they had shown some of the enthusiasm last night in third they showed tonight they could've avoided this three game losing streak. Now I have to wait till wednesday to see if they get me over this nasty losing feeling.

OWNED again by Ottawa. I just ring up a Loss when we play these guys. Not totally on Lalime but this team needs to aquire or promote a solid backup. To me this is S.O.S = same old Sabres. Lot's of scoring chances early, can't finish, other team starts to dominate, take lot's of penalties, lose with our backup goalie, lose to Ottawa,,,AGAIN.

It's great that they built up all those early points because the inevitable slump would occur and now they at least aren't a ton of points behind. They are still in decent shape record-wise for the moment.

the next games are against Washington and Philthadelphia. Any speculation on how they'll do? they are on a 3-game losing streak -- and are facing a couple of tough teams on the road. I don't want to be accused of throwing in the towel, but the last three games have not been very reassuring. My guess is that they'll be lucky to split the two games.

Lindy's gotta go...I mean game notes -

- Why is Pominville still at the point on the PP. He has no shot and he can't keep the puck in the zone.

- Our wingers on D are too deep. Open ice isn't going to score on us, the guy at the point is.

- Why do you need to be down 4 goals before you start skating against a hated division rival.

- Can we decline penalties like in the NFL. Our PP is useless.

Archived