GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

ThePebble19

Vanek move to Stafford's spot and Goose to Vanek's on the PP??

Gaustad AND Vanek on the same PP unit? Is Lindy actually doing that finally? yayyy :D

Vanek got the goal, but it looked like Goose did all the work

We'ive been begging for this configuration in GDTs at different times this season.. Finally..

They came out slow, but the second half of the first was a great effort by the Sabres, compared to the last two games especially. Ottawa has been playing well lately, so it's not surprise this game's tempo has been high so far. Look for the Sens to bring out the mean and nasty play in the second.

Nice to see the Goose and Vanek on the PP.

Tremendous defensive play by Vanek on that 2 on 1 with Alfredsson coming down. Here comes Thomas Vanek!

Kudos, for once, to Harry for his analysis of Leclaire's juicy rebounds moments before 26 put another one behind him.

Sekera playing the wing? Really? Didn't Lindy just say how bad it was to have three extra players? And how it wasn't a big deal to lose one, since you just call someone up from the minors? I don't get not fielding a full team.

Tremendous defensive play by Vanek on that 2 on 1 with Alfredsson coming down. Here comes Thomas Vanek!

Kudos, for once, to Harry for his analysis of Leclaire's juicy rebounds moments before 26 put another one behind him.

Sekera playing the wing? Really? Didn't Lindy just say how bad it was to have three extra players? And how it wasn't a big deal to lose one, since you just call someone up from the minors? I don't get not fielding a full team.

I think Sekera is a tweener... I believe he might be a good forward given the chance.

here we go with the crappy effort 2nd periods

I think lindy's new plan is to get the lead in the 1st. Sit back in the second and let the other team tire themselves out. If they can keep the lead thats a plus. Then in the 3rd, pour it on as much as possible.

If that actually is the plan, I should try out to be a 2nd period player.

EDIT:

Leclaire just did a split he never wanted to do. Legs wide, face between his own legs.... at least in public.

So far I've seen very little to make me feel optimistic about the Sabres. They put together a couple of nice back-to back games last week, followed by two losses (and staring at three). This inconsistency is maddening. I'm starting to hate Darcy again.

So far I've seen very little to make me feel optimistic about the Sabres. They put together a couple of nice back-to back games last week, followed by two losses (and staring at three). This inconsistency is maddening. I'm starting to hate Darcy again.

How about waiting until this game is over?

Archived