GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Actually, Directv may have a case here. MSG most likely controls the signals and what is broadcast. that doesn't change the fact that Directv support absolutely sucks.

Here's what I'll do... I'll DVR the next game including the postgame, and i'll upload the end to youtube and send you all the link so you can see that I get to watch the show! Again, I have dish network, and i've seen all but one or two shows. Dtv is the reason why it gets cut off as soon as RJ says goodnight... I had Dtv last year, i know this!

Just Cause

1. There were some wild scrums in front of both nets last night. Unfortunately one of them occurred short handed and resulted in a goal.

2. Buffalo hit 3 posts, Philadelphis hit 2 posts. The score in that one could have been much higher.

3. Emery and Miller got caught wandering. Emery came back and made a clutch save and Miller got flat out lucky that Sekera covered the goal. If Philly managed to put a shot on net, that would have been a very damaging goal. Check out how Tim Thomas lost the game last night wandering. I don't think I've have ever seen a goalie get beaten quite like that. Thomas had a brutal night. He gave up the tying goal with 0.4 seconds left too.

4. The defense was on the run last night for some significant stretches in that game. That Philly team as presently constituted is one heckuva team.

5. Kennedy to Ennis.. A glimpse of the future.

6. There was no back down in Ennis last night.

7. That first hit by Kaleta on Parent was awesone. He flew into at fullspeed and crushed him behind the net. The camera angle was perect to capture it. That might have been his best hit of the season.

8. Miller is spoiling us this year. Another worthy outing.

9. Is there anything more deflating then a SHG against? I'm still surprised that didn't cost them the game.

10. Edmonton, Calgary and Philadelphia, 3 games, four nights, six points. Great week for the Sabres.

11. Bonus.. The entire NE lost yesterday except Buffalo. 12-4-1 looks pretty nice. Ottawa and Boston picked up loser points. Montreal was shutout by Preds. Calgary sent the Air Canada Center patrons home unhappy.

Solid weekend. I really liked what I saw. Not much to add; however, I will throw this out for discussion: could we have been seeing a team last weekend that was still battling the flu? It would explain quite a bit.

I don't think so. The big difference in the two games against Philly is that the ice is much better in Philly, which gives a huge boost to Buffalo's speed and transition game.

I don't think so. The big difference in the two games against Philly is that the ice is much better in Philly, which gives a huge boost to Buffalo's speed and transition game.

Buffalo's passing was quite crisp last night. Why do you think the ice is so bad in Buffalo? You'd think that the northern climate would be better for ice. The arena's age can't be a factor.

Buffalo's passing was quite crisp last night. Why do you think the ice is so bad in Buffalo? You'd think that the northern climate would be better for ice. The arena's age can't be a factor.

I have a vague recollection that it has more to do with humidity than temperature.

That was a sweet game to watch. Last weekend Buffalo allowed Flyers to wear their third jersey in Buffalo. Buffalo wore the ugly whites and lost the game. Tonight Buffalo got to wear the third blue and paid them pack.

For lack of a better term, that was good karma.

post-1053-12582700050493_thumb.jpg

Ouch! :o

Great picture, classic butterfly on display...Thanks man.

Wow, keen observation. I didn't see the puck jumping as much and it did appear to settle down quicker.. I am going to have to watch that closer now... Next good question already asked by Wjag is why especially in Buffalo a northern city ? To much humidty as eleven mentions sounds feasible, could it be due to being so close to lake erie?

Beating the Flyers always feels soooo good.

and props to the Philthy fans for booing when Butler was down on the ice bleeding. Classy guys, classy.

They're not known for having the best of manners. A cursory glance at their primary messaging board is proof of this. It removes all doubt to their obnoxiousness and outright rudeness. They always complain that the refs and the league cut the Sabres slack whenever our boys play the Flyers. Um, excuse me, but if the league cut us some slack, we would have had at least 1-2 Stanley Cups by now, so I don't want to hear this from a bunch of boys and girls pretending to be men (and possibly women).

1. As I said last night, Gaustad's $2.3MM per year doesn't seem so expensive now, does it? He fought Phaneuf last night as part of sticking up for MacArthur, and he tried to fight Pronger tonight. He wore the A tonight (didn't see who had the other one, although I noticed that it wasn't Roy). This kid is stepping up into a leadership role. He reminds me of Jim Schoenfeld.

Pominville.

I agree that the ice helped the Sabres out a lot, but they seemed to be hustling a lot more in the last game. Considering it was the second game of a back to back after a hard earned win the night before, I think something else could have been at play.

Well it is a city full of douchebags

All too true - our other office is in Philly. They work on a project for several months, then send it to us to do our bit and immediately want to know when it will be done. It's as if they are completely dismissing our role in the process.

Back a couple of playoff seasons ago (the year of the Campbell hit on Umberger), I lurked on the Flyers' message board for a while. There was a guy who (and I'm paraphrasing here) said that if he ever saw Danny Briere up close, he would cut his face up. The vitriol he spewed was frankly scary. I wonder how that dude feels now that Danny is on his team?

Oh, and I'm glad the Phillies lost, too.....

Back a couple of playoff seasons ago (the year of the Campbell hit on Umberger), I lurked on the Flyers' message board for a while. There was a guy who (and I'm paraphrasing here) said that if he ever saw Danny Briere up close, he would cut his face up. The vitriol he spewed was frankly scary. I wonder how that dude feels now that Danny is on his team?

Oh, and I'm glad the Phillies lost, too.....

Everyone of us can say some really idiotic things some times (hold the snide comments about me, peanut gallery). So we know that the things we say can be used against us.

However, when someone puts forth threats like this for everyone to see on the Internet, that person might be placed under closer surveillance. I seem to remember someone posting a death threat on the Pens board a few months ago, and IIRC that person was criminally investigated. (Perhaps someone could refresh my memory about that incident).

Everyone of us can say some really idiotic things some times (hold the snide comments about me, peanut gallery). So we know that the things we say can be used against us.

However, when someone puts forth threats like this for everyone to see on the Internet, that person might be placed under closer surveillance. I seem to remember someone posting a death threat on the Pens board a few months ago, and IIRC that person was criminally investigated. (Perhaps someone could refresh my memory about that incident).

Didn't someone say they were going to kill Ovechkin or something?

Didn't someone say they were going to kill Ovechkin or something?

Yup, someone on the Pens' board threatened to kill Ovechkin if he scored against the Pens in that playoff series.

I thought it was blown out of proportion, but who knows with these things nowadays. I sympathize with the authorities in general; after that Ft. Hood loony, where do you draw the line as to what you should take action against, and what you should ignore as ranting?

Archived