GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Per dollar, Roy is giving you a lot more than Pommer or Vanek. It's just that with his contract being so cheap and his performance in the past (especially spring of 2008), when he's not giving you great value, it means that he's underachieving.

People never seem to notice the goals that Vanek creates when he's not getting on the score sheet. Most of the powerplay goals that don't come off of his stick are usually a direct result of his screen in front of the net. I have a hard time with statements like the bolded one above. There are things that can't be quantified.

People never seem to notice the goals that Vanek creates when he's not getting on the score sheet. Most of the powerplay goals that don't come off of his stick are usually a direct result of his screen in front of the net. I have a hard time with statements like the bolded one above. There are things that can't be quantified.

Intangibles?

Really? The Sabres are an American team? I've never understood the "USA USA USA" mentality at NHL games. It's beyond retarded. So is not knowing, apparently, that Canada has been our military ally and also celebrates Veterans Day. So yeah, on Veterans Day, let's kick a little Canadian ass!!! Ohhhahhhh. Ugly American defined.

Just hi lighting a key point, since you're the PC police.

We should start keeping track of subjective assists. I wouldn't be surprised if teams do it already. Big hit in the corner jars the puck loose, and you score five seconds later... there's an assist. shrader has the perfect example -- Vanek setting a screen.

Just hi lighting a key point, since you're the PC police.

My response wasn't an objection to political uncorrectness. It was about how dumb it is on Veterans Day to want an "American" team -- with an Austrian, a German, a Slovakian, a Finn, two Swedes and a bunch of Canadians -- to beat a "Canadian" team with a similar UN makeup. It's dumb on so many levels, it's hard to use a word other than retarded.

My response wasn't an objection to political uncorrectness. It was about how dumb it is on Veterans Day to want an "American" team -- with an Austrian, a German, a Slovakian, a Finn, two Swedes and a bunch of Canadians -- to beat a "Canadian" team with a similar UN makeup. It's dumb on so many levels, it's hard to use a word other than retarded.

Hey, we have an American guy on our team! Plus, as long as they sing the Star Spangled Banner last, its an American team no matter who plays, retards included!

I'm pretty sure that Roy's diving backcheck, followed by him spining on his knees and firing the puck out the zone, all to break up an odd-man rush didn't show up on the score sheet either (except maybe the +/-.) It works both ways.

Sabres get back on track tonight. Miller will come back solid, the Oils' injuries and the fact that they will be tired will help as well. 4-1. Vanek nets 2, Staff and Clarkie get 1 too. Staff might put up all 4 points for the sabres tonight, he's an animal against the oil.

Sabres get back on track tonight. Miller will come back solid, the Oils' injuries and the fact that they will be tired will help as well. 4-1. Vanek nets 2, Staff and Clarkie get 1 too. Staff might put up all 4 points for the sabres tonight, he's an animal against the oil.

He likes putting on a show for his uncle. Too bad his uncle doesn't work for the sabres.

Archived