What is wrong with Vanek

novascotiaguy

he is supposed to be our game changing forward

Only in the uniformed opinion. He's a scorer, not a game changer.

score the big goals he looks lazy and slow.

He always looks lazy and slow, it's the way he moves. Tha fact that he makes Thomas Vanek face doesn't help. Here it is.

post-151-12579461350805_thumb.jpg

I don't think he looks good at all Tyler Myers is out scoring him he is supposed to be our game changing forward score the big goals he looks lazy and slow.

If Myers has more goals than Vanek by April, then there's a problem. They're 14 games into the season. Vanek will be around the 40 goal mark by season's end.

I think folks are spoiled by watching guys like Malkin & Ovechkin dominate with regularity. Vanek isn't that type of player. He's a PP goal scoring machine and a decent 5 on 5 forward. I've always thought of Vanek as a smaller, nimbler Dave Andreychuk.

Only in the uniformed opinion. He's a scorer, not a game changer.

He always looks lazy and slow, it's the way he moves. Tha fact that he makes Thomas Vanek face doesn't help. Here it is.

post-151-12579461350805_thumb.jpg

You should really learn how to spell and communicate effectively or someone on this board might start a thread about your spelling/grammar atrocities.

Thanks...

Sabres left wing Thomas Vanek has one goal in his last seven games. Ruff said he had a chat with the perennial goal-scoring leader and told him he expects harder skating during Vanek's shifts.

"It starts with your feet. When you're not moving, there's not much going on," said Ruff, who used Vanek for 17:26 during Saturday's 4-2 loss to Boston and received two shots.

"In that game he still played a lot of minutes, but at the same time we would have hoped for a little more."

You should really learn how to spell and communicate effectively or someone on this board might start a thread about your spelling/grammar atrocities.

I am not good with spelling and grammer I admit that. So if it is that big of problem to you just dont read what I write everone is not perfect so let it be.

I am not good with spelling and grammer I admit that. So if it is that big of problem to you just dont read what I write everone is not perfect so let it be.

This was a joke. It wasn't directed at you. I'm really not hung up on spelling or grammar. I find the whole discussion amusing...

There's something going on with Lindy and Vanek. There in the midst of some bickering it seems.

Look to the NYI game last week. The Sabres defeated the Isles 3-0, and Vanek had a goal and an assist.

His ice time you ask? 11:47. He was the least played forward on the team, yet he had a goal and an assist. He played well that game, had a couple of breakaway opportunities and set Stafford up for a nice goal (which Stafford fired wide).

Yet he only received 11:47 ice time. Something is up with that.

There's something going on with Lindy and Vanek. There in the midst of some bickering it seems.

Look to the NYI game last week. The Sabres defeated the Isles 3-0, and Vanek had a goal and an assist.

His ice time you ask? 11:47. He was the least played forward on the team, yet he had a goal and an assist. He played well that game, had a couple of breakaway opportunities and set Stafford up for a nice goal (which Stafford fired wide).

Yet he only received 11:47 ice time. Something is up with that.

I think that was more about getting an early lead and letting our third/fourth lines grind them down for the rest of the game. At least, that's what I hope it was.

Despite having arguably among the best hands in the game (top 10?), his Kotalikesque penalties and apparent non chalant sytle have him somewhat in Lindy's dog house. Is it deserved? He's a heck of a talent but he has some bad habbits that Lindy can't overlook.

Despite having arguably among the best hands in the game (top 10?), his Kotalikesque penalties and apparent non chalant sytle have him somewhat in Lindy's dog house. Is it deserved? He's a heck of a talent but he has some bad habbits that Lindy can't overlook.

Exactly. The guy has the ability to play better than he does. If we can win games with him getting minimal ice time, then who cares? Put the players on the ice who put the effort in. I don't care how much they get payed.

The penalties seem to be born of frustration. Here we go with the chicken and egg deal again.

Exactly. The guy has the ability to play better than he does. If we can win games with him getting minimal ice time, then who cares? Put the players on the ice who put the effort in. I don't care how much they get payed.

He was more efficient at scoring goals than Alex Freaking Ovechkin last season. What the hell do you want? :)

Archived