Mair waived

Two or less

Interesting. They need a roster spot to activate Lydman off of IR as long as Enroth is here. But then again, if he's here for an extended period of time, they could've just put Lalime on IR. So now either Paetsch is our 13th forward, one of the kids is going to get the call, or something else is in the works.

VM, where'd you see it? I don't see it on the website yet, but I'll take your word for it.

Interesting. They need a roster spot to activate Lydman off of IR as long as Enroth is here. But then again, if he's here for an extended period of time, they could've just put Lalime on IR. So now either Paetsch is our 13th forward, one of the kids is going to get the call, or something else is in the works.

VM, where'd you see it? I don't see it on the website yet, but I'll take your word for it.

Sorry, it was from Bob McKenzie's twitter. I was just waiting until i could find a real link and assumed it wouldn't take wgr, buffalo news or sabres.com to post something. Here's the link though- http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Sorry, it was from Bob McKenzie's twitter. I was just waiting until i could find a real link and assumed it wouldn't take wgr, buffalo news or sabres.com to post something. Here's the link though- http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

It's kind of funny reading through the responses and seeing one person who I immediately knew was a friend of mine. All it takes is a few ECAC hockey comments. Anyway, thanks for the link. That's probably the last place I'd look for anything.

Even if waived he's still a part of the team until he's either claimed or he clears and is assigned to Portland. I'm sure you'll have more details on this soon enough.

If he ends up elsewhere, this team is dangerously thin in the grit department. I suppose McCormick could fill his role but I'm not optimistic about this teams overall toughness.

It does seem kinda strange that they'd waive him without a compelling need to do so, doesn't it? Maybe they are just trying to help Mair -- ie since he's not playing and presumably wants to be playing somewhere, they figured he might get picked up by someone who will play him regularly.

If he ends up elsewhere, this team is dangerously thin in the grit department. I suppose McCormick could fill his role but I'm not optimistic about this teams overall toughness.

Not sure I agree that losing Mair makes a difference in that department. I think the 3rd & 4th lines have plenty of grit. The problem is on the top 2 lines, which are neither gritty nor productive. This team has been dying for a Brenden Morrow type to play in the top 6 for 2 years. Losing Mair doesn't really affect that situation, IMHO.

This is interesting! The sabres aren't a team to un-necesarily expose an asset like Mair without a compelling reason. They have a glut of 3rd and 4th line players, but I thought Mair was part of that "team grit" they were so big on this year. Ellis has made him expendable to a point, but while Ellis will crash and bang and pot 10 goals to Mair's 8, Ellis will not willingly drop the gloves like Mair will.

This could be a situation where Lydman needs to come off IR, and Enroth is taking up a roster spot, so they need to clear a spot and Mair is regarded as the most expendable, but they could also just as easily IR Lalime and bring Lydman back into his spot, and ship enroth back to Portland when Lalime is ready to come off IR.

The above scenario would be the simple answer, and would protect all Sabres' assets. I smell something else. DR and LR are feeling the heat, could be a move of some kind is in the works.

Mair would get his can kick just as bad as Gaustad and Montador, so, no, I don't think they'd lose in the grit department, especially when he isn't even being played.

Archived