I'll Be Dissappointed If No Trade Happens

bob_sauve28

I don't want to give up the farm, but it does seem like we are in a position to win it all and a top 2 or 4 d-man will get us significantly closer. I might even consider giving up Mika for a rent a top-D-man. Or adding Roy or Pomenville on top of a goalie for a really solid player.

Guest SabreBG

I agree. Darcy better get up out of his chair and make a move. We are in the best position, possibly in sabres history, and it would be truly a shame if we did not try and make the most of it. I can't remember a more exciting time. I hope that Norrenen's stint in Rochester this last weekend doesn't hurt us though............

It bugs me that people would even suggest trading Pominville. Dare I say he appears to have more upside than Vanek right now. This kid can find the net like no one else on this team. We haven't had a player with this much of a scoring touch in a long time. It would have to be one sweat deal to even consider moving him. Mark my words: Jason Pominville is the future of this organization.

For now, let's ignore the fact that he's the future. He's a big part of where this team is today. He has been driving the power play lately (yes, he's also been resonsible for a few shorties against). If you move him, the powerplay stand to take a serious hit. He's also scoring goals at a great rate than anyone else on this team other than Briere. Another stat I just noticed is that he leads the team in shooting percentage.

I rambled a bit in this post, but my point is that Pominville is a special player that this team needs to hold on to.

It bugs me that people would even suggest trading Pominville. Dare I say he appears to have more upside than Vanek right now. This kid can find the net like no one else on this team. We haven't had a player with this much of a scoring touch in a long time. It would have to be one sweat deal to even consider moving him. Mark my words: Jason Pominville is the future of this organization.

For now, let's ignore the fact that he's the future. He's a big part of where this team is today. He has been driving the power play lately (yes, he's also been resonsible for a few shorties against). If you move him, the powerplay stand to take a serious hit. He's also scoring goals at a great rate than anyone else on this team other than Briere. Another stat I just noticed is that he leads the team in shooting percentage.

I rambled a bit in this post, but my point is that Pominville is a special player that this team needs to hold on to.

I was thinking his numbers would be on par with Vanek's if he had started the season on the the Sabres, too. Pominville, Roy, and Gaustad are three unexpected reasons this team is where it is. Why give it away? Get the rent a D-man, yes. Get a star on contract for 3 more years? No way. We've got those future stars already.

If Darcy Regier hangs up his phone and turns off his fax machine Thursday at 3pm without making a deal, I would not be mad at all. This team is good enough to win with what they got. If the right deal is not out there, then I hope he doesn't make any trades.

If Darcy Regier hangs up his phone and turns off his fax machine Thursday at 3pm without making a deal, I would not be mad at all. This team is good enough to win with what they got. If the right deal is not out there, then I hope he doesn't make any trades.

Amen.

How bout trading Biron and Pyatt to Ottawa for either Redden or Chara? Both are UFA next year and Ottawa can't keep both. Connolly is coming back and I don't know how much playing time Pyatt is going to get.

I don't think Ottawa is going to trade either of them before the deadline, especially not in division.

Pominville, Roy, and Gaustad are three unexpected reasons this team is where it is. Why give it away?

Moving either of those three would screw over this team now, and for the future. The only "expendable" forwards on the roster are Peters (well, duh), Pyatt, and perhaps even Dumont or Connolly. I'd like to see Tim and J.P. stick around, but if we can land a solid dman, and not on a rental basis, I'd be more than willing to part with J.P.

I don't think Ottawa is going to trade either of them before the deadline, especially not in division.

Never know what Muck will do. He has done stranger things in the past. Besides Ottawa may need another goalie, depending on what headcase decides to do.

I dont understand why so many people on this site are ready to just unload a guy like Pominville or Roy....they are young, rising stars who havent even realized their potential yet...it would be completely ridiculous to move them now, IMO. I don't know what kind of "big trades" you have in mind, but unless its for Ovechkin or something, I don't see why we would move them. They have played well for us all year and suddenly just because the deadline is near its like lets trade away all the guys that got us this far just because its the deadline. This isn't a video game where you trade players just because it's fun. The team we have right now has a legitimate chance to win a Stanley Cup, why mess with that?

My thoughts exactly.

I think Darcy knows his team could use a D-man to shore things up a bit. Having Fitzpatrick an injury/suspension away from ice time. When Kalinin comes back, I'd like to see him and Campbell battle for playing time while we bring in another physical type d-man. I would feel confident if our D shaped up like this:

Mckee-Numminen

Lydman-(trade)

Tallinder-Kalinin/Campbell

Ya, Pominville shouldn't be traded at all, I do agree with that. But you do have to give something up to get something and no I don't think this team can win it all as it is now. I do hope I am wrong though. There is all the talk about a glut at goaltender but really, we have a glut at forward. Pominville could play on many teams first line but he plays on our fourth.

I think the people want a deal just for the sake of making a deal. You assume that trades always improve a team.

Count me as someone who doesn't care either way. I'll trust Darcy on this. He has done a pretty good job so far, so I think he's earned the right to decide whether a deal is worth making. Edmonton just picked up Dwayne Roleson for a draft pick, so maybe the market for goalies is not strong. If that's the case, better we keep Biron as insurance.

I know this flies against the accepted opinion of Darcy Regier on this board: that he, Quinn and Ruff are hockey's Three Stooges, and the Sabres winning is just dumb luck.

PTR

I think the people want a deal just for the sake of making a deal. You assume that trades always improve a team.

Count me as someone who doesn't care either way. I'll trust Darcy on this. He has done a pretty good job so far, so I think he's earned the right to decide whether a deal is worth making. Edmonton just picked up Dwayne Roleson for a draft pick, so maybe the market for goalies is not strong. If that's the case, better we keep Biron as insurance.

I know this flies against the accepted opinion of Darcy Regier on this board: that he, Quinn and Ruff are hockey's Three Stooges, and the Sabres winning is just dumb luck.

PTR

I think you haven't read enough here lately. There are plenty who think Regier and Ruff should be GM/Coach of the year.

Archived