Devils Sign Andrew Peters To 2-year Contract

rbochan

Man, just another free agent Buffalo let slip away. All the other teams in the eastern conference have gotten better over the summer thru signing FAs and trading; this is just another example of Darcy sitting on his hands while everyone in the East gets better.

Oops, I channeled DeLuca there for a minute.

Did he get the escalator in his contract whereby he helps show around new guys the team facility, etc as his lemmings oft quoted on this site?

I mean, clearly, the value of having a butler is...well...worth something.

Not quite sure how that translates actually ON the ice though...

Did he get the escalator in his contract whereby he helps show around new guys the team facility, etc as his lemmings oft quoted on this site?

I mean, clearly, the value of having a butler is...well...worth something.

Not quite sure how that translates actually ON the ice though...

One of the most respected GMs in all of hockey thinks that Peters fits a need within his team. So yeah, keep up your little anti-Peters rant. Clearly you know far more about hockey than Lou Lamoriello.

One of the most respected GMs in all of hockey thinks that Peters fits a need within his team. So yeah, keep up your little anti-Peters rant. Clearly you know far more about hockey than Lou Lamoriello.

I think Broduer makes Lou look better than he is.

If Peters was such a commodity, why did any GM including Lamoriello wait until now to sign him? Where was the call to sign Petey on July 1st? :blink:

If Peters was such a commodity, why did any GM including Lamoriello wait until now to sign him? Where was the call to Petey on July 1st? :blink:

Did I say that he was a commodity? Lou thinks Peters adds something to his organization, so I'm not going to question that. They don't put just anyone in the hockey HoF. Crazy thought, he might just know what he's doing.

Did I say that he was a commodity? Lou thinks Peters adds something to his organization, so I'm not going to question that. They don't put just anyone in the hockey HoF. Crazy thought, he might just know what he's doing.

Whether he is a "commodity" or he "fits a need", I still didn't see anyone banging down his door until now and even if Lou sees something that I don't, why a guaranteed two year contract? If his stat line(GP & TOI primarily) and crappy fighting style is any better at the end of the year compared to his last few years in Buffalo, I'll be surprised.

Whether he is a "commodity" or he "fits a need", I still didn't see anyone banging down his door until now and even if Lou sees something that I don't, why a guaranteed two year contract? If his stat line(GP & TOI primarily) and crappy fighting style is any better at the end of the year compared to his last few years in Buffalo, I'll be surprised.

It's going to end up being a two-way deal, so it is incredibly low risk. It would also immediately be better than the one-way deal he had here.

It's going to end up being a two-way deal, so it is incredibly low risk. It would also immediately be better than the one-way deal he had here.

I may be wrong, but I thought once you hit a certain point as an NHL vet, you cannot be signed to two way deals? You or one of the other CBA lovers have to help me out here.

...and stop being such an ass! :lol:

I may be wrong, but I thought once you hit a certain point as an NHL vet, you cannot be signed to two way deals? You or one of the other CBA lovers have to help me out here.

...and stop being such an ass! :lol:

The only restriction on when one- or two-way contracts can be offered is in the qualifying offers for restricted free agents.

If by Mrs. Peters, you mean his wife, Erin, she's actually pretty attractive. She and Andrew were interviewed last year on the Sabres Show. She's pretty good looking. Can't seem to find any photos to post, but she was a West Seneca School Teacher.

Thanks Erin's mom.

i will vouch for that, actually -- my company helped sponsor a charitable event that she and her husband attended -- she's put together quite nicely.

and because i am a small, petty person, i will also report the following story that i heard this past winter: mrs. andrew peters once interrupted an informal after-school conference among a group of teachers by coming into the room and teeing up the following "joke": "How do you keep a n**ger out of your backyard?" The room of teachers fell into stunned silence. The pugilist's wife continued with the "punchline", "Hang one in the front! Bwah-ha-ha-ha ..."

good luck in jersey, pretty lady (and good riddance).

Archived