Tallinder fighting for his job? I don't think so!

LabattBlue

What an odd title for an article. DR waited a year too long to trade him, I doubt they are going to have him sit in the press box with his salary and I don't think DR has the balls to waive him as the love affair continues.

My guess is that he will play his 60-65 games(sucking most of the time) and be injured for the rest.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/804173.html

What an odd title for an article. DR waited a year too long to trade him, I doubt they are going to have him sit in the press box with his salary and I don't think DR has the balls to waive him as the love affair continues.

My guess is that he will play his 60-65 games(sucking most of the time) and be injured for the rest.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/804173.html

Typical WNY Sports Negativity.

Uh, did you read the piece? I didn't sense one negative thing about it. It was stating the facts.

The article was factual. The projection that he will suck and be injured the rest of the time is a bit negative don't you think? I do expect this is Hanks last year as a Sabre no matter what happens.

It's probably about 50/50, but the one's who fail never get mentioned. The incentive of playing in a contract year has to be a motivating factor for most though.

You would think, but it seems to NOT happen more than it does.

I would love to see Tallinder get back to his 2005-2007 form. Personally, I felt he's been playing extremely tentative for the last 2 years. He broke his arm twice and hurt his shoulder, so I guess you can't blame him. But for the style of defenseman that he is, he cannot play tentatively. He must be confident in order to play well. I think he can definitely get back to where he was, but for him, it's more mental than physical. The question is can he mentally get back to where he was? I hope so for Buffalo's sake, but I don't know.

It may be negative, but it is not unrealistic. :doh:

I know negative. Sir, you were not negative.

This is negative.

As far as Tallinder. His problems are not the injuries or deteriorating skills. Tallinder's problem is that fear has crept inside his game. He plays with such a pronounced fear of getting injured that it effects every aspect of his game. He rushes passes to avoid defenders baring down on him. He spins away from contact in the corners freely giving the puck away. Any physicality that may have been a part of his game is gone. A new contract, new coach or new team can't drive that fear away. This may not only be his last year with the Sabers. It is more than likely his last in the NHL. No team is going to waste cap space on a player who skates scared.

This is negative.

As far as Tallinder. His problems are not the injuries or deteriorating skills. Tallinder's problem is that fear has crept inside his game. He plays with such a pronounced fear of getting injured that it effects every aspect of his game. He rushes passes to avoid defenders baring down on him. He spins away from contact in the corners freely giving the puck away. Any physicality that may have been a part of his game is gone. A new contract, new coach or new team can't drive that fear away. This may not only be his last year with the Sabers. It is more than likely his last in the NHL. No team is going to waste cap space on a player who skates scared.

Now THIS is a DeLuca post I can believe in. I think it's right on.

This is negative.

No, this is truth. Great post.

What an odd title for an article. DR waited a year too long to trade him, I doubt they are going to have him sit in the press box with his salary...

Yep. And they'll send Myers down... sigh...

A hearty #%^$#! YOU HANK.. you worthless pile of drivel.

They should just release Hank, he makes too many mistakes, doesn't play hard enough in the corners any more and his once awesome outlet passes are pedestrian at best. Too bad Hank is a shadow of his former self, I miss that self.

Releasing him will cost the Sabres 2/3 of his salary. I think it will still count against the cap for the next 2 years. So that's roughly 2 mil per for a non-roster player. Can they even afford to do that while paying his replacement? It would have to be Myers or Weber because they make less than the difference between Hank current salary and 2/3 of his salary, roughly 1 million dollars.

Archived